Sorry this has to be rather short and not very 'in detail', In a bit of a hurry right now but would like to know your thoughts on this behaviour and 'what' it could be.
Child that shows this behaviour is 7 years old. Very very gifted with high IQ scores and is in the gifted program at her school. Excelles in everything she does academically, but seems to have very low/poor emotional intelegence.
Sorry if its a bit all over the place. Ill be back again when I have more time.
- Lacks empathy ( shows very little )
- Can be quite crule to others
- Very self-centered ( only like others for what they can give/do for her )
- Seems to have very little control over her own behaviour (has excessive crying, throws tantrums)
-Lies often ( most of the time to get others into trouble. Mainly her younger brother.)
- Gets happy/excited to watch her younger brother be put in time out or 'get into trouble'. Has often lied in attempt to watch him be punished for no reason. )
-Is a bit socially awkward; has somewhat of a difficult time making friends.
- Doesnt have many friends due to bossy, controlling and 'bratty' behaviour ( very 'sore loser', if she cant play the game her way she throws tantrum. Other children dont want her to join their games due to her behaviour)
- Always blames other for her negative behaviour, no matter how unrelated it may be ( example: If shes asked to be quite for a moment and then starts talking she will blame it on someone across the room, because they where 'looking at her'. )
- Talks CONSTANTLY
- Is obsessed with computer and computer games. She talkes about 'MineCraft' 99% of her day even when others dont care for the subject. Computer seems to be her only hobby. Becomes very upset if her computer privileges are removed.
- Feels like 'walking on eggshells' to be around her most of the time because youre never sure when shell have a freak out.Family/ friends have a hard time spending time with her/ enjoying her due to her behaviour. Rarely have family vaccations/ outings because we always have to come home early/asked to leave.
- If she isnt happy, she doesnt want anyone else to be happy either. Gets very upset and yells at others if everyones attention isnt focused on her and she isnt being babied for/during her crying/ tantrums.
- Repeats the same negative behaviour even though shes fully aware that it hurts/effects others. She doesnt seem to care if it hurts others.
-Very jelous if someone does 'better' or 'more' than her at ANYTHING and makes EVERYTHING into a competition.
- Can be very defiant and act out of spite to annoy/hurt others.
-Has a very difficult time identifying her own emotions ( cant tell you why she crying or how she feels about someone )
Im sure theres quite a bit that ive left out.
There is talk of her being pulled from the gifted program due to her disruptive crying and behaviour that happenes atleast once every day in school because it is causing the other students distress.
All of her teachers are very caring, hands on people and try to work with her as much as possible, but I think theyve about reached the end of their ropes.
She will be going to a psychologist this summer, as recomended by her schools counselor/ teachers.
If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know.