I'm coming up on my 36 week appointment. Despite touting a natural birth fochus, the OB/midwife practice attending to my prenatal care and pending birth have been highly interventive despite consistently perfect check ups and ultrasounds. As such, I've decided to move some of my care over to my doula as she has a much more natural approach to pregnancy (read: she treats me as an individual rather than lumping me in groups based on risk factors).
This includes my upcoming strep b test. My doula (also a homebirth midwife) will be processing the test for me and if there is an issue, we will be treating the strep be wit chlorhexidine vaginal wash, rather than IV antibiotics from the hospital.
For those of you who refused the test, how did you go about doing so? What did you find most effective for achieving your desired birth in a hospital setting?