I've tried the "No-poo" method, and I just don't have the persistence for it. I've also tried a homemade shampoo made from watered down castile soap and a splash of olive oil. This works kind of, but really tends to leave my hair feeling waxy. Does anybody have any recipes for a homemade shampoo?
- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by htovjm, 4/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Have you ever sneezed or coughed and farted simultaneously? Last post on 11/25/13 at 1:11pm in I'm Pregnant
- What's hot in menstrual cups these days? Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:12pm in Natural Body Care
- Diva Cup - I must be doing something wrong. Last post on 12/6/13 at 7:00am in Natural Body Care
- Essential Oil Brands? I am so confused... Last post on 10/24/13 at 9:12am in Natural Body Care
- Hand sanitizer/wipes for school Last post on 8/21/13 at 7:02am in Natural Body Care
No recipe here :( I tried one similar to yours, no luck. Tried castile soap and acv rinse (technically a no poo method I guess) and no luck. Natural shampoo and conditioner is okay...just okay.
Why do you think no-poo doesn't work for some?
I tried it for a couple months, and have some lousy Christmas pictures to prove it. I would take a break from it when it still hadn't worked, and try again for a month or so. I think I tried 3 times. I've used baking soda with acv rinse, castile soap with acv rinse, my homemade "shampoo bar" soap recipe with acv rinse, and my homemade olive oil soap...no luck with anything.
I also tried using more and less apple cider vinegar in my rinse, I found that when I used less I was less greasy, but it still wouldn't work. And I would scrub good, rinse good, use acv, rinse good.
I have long, thick, wavy hair. I wouldn't call myself a greaseball, but I have to wear second day no-wash hair up or it's kinda icky looking.
Thanks for replying, CLplus1. I feel the same way you do! I enjoy making most of our products, but I just can't get the hair thing to work out! I have to wash my hair every day using natural shampoos/conditioners -- wouldn't it be lovely if I didn't because I found some perfect homemade shampoo/conditioner!? Wishing someone out there had the solution??? :D
I seem to be OK using Dr Bronners as a shampoo but I still need to use a natural conditioner and something very acidic in combination to avoid the greasy hair. I have been using Dr. Bronner's conditioner with some nature's gate conditioner. Using Dr. Bronner's conditioner or acv along made me greasy too. I came from using a gentle shampoo and a conditioner with no cones in it so I was expecting an easier transition but no luck.
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 2 minutes ago
- › depakote or lamictal side effects 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a Preceptor (Pearland, TX) 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone else opting to take progesterone? 8 minutes ago
- › Anyone else not want to see a doctor at all during the first... 9 minutes ago
- › 3.5 Year Old - Time between dinner and breakfast? 14 minutes ago
- › More on the topic of baby stuff 18 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 19 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 20 minutes ago
- › Nursing Moms 20 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo