or Connect
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~Weekly Chat Thread for April 26-May 3~

~Weekly Chat Thread for April 26-May 3~ - Page 2

post #21 of 99

Hey guys - been busy lately!  Things are going well except for some extreme gas pains this weekend (at least I hope that's what this is)...  Julia is moving more and more...

 

QOTD: I think strawberries.  Love them so much....

post #22 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

heather- i take my cal/mag in a small glass of chocolate protein smoothie. Maybe the best of both worlds?

Dh has been gone for almost 4 months :/

You are an amazing woman, Banana! I remember you mentioning him going away pretty early on in this DDC and I want to just high five you for making it. I get cranky when I am solo parent of one child for more than 24 hours. Well, not always, but our DS has been crying at both what is and what isn't the last few weeks. I'm not sure if it's to do with Baby or growing or just being 2 1/2. I can have infinite patience...for a finite period of time!
post #23 of 99

Banana - so nice to have DH back soon. My DH used to be in the Navy and I do not miss those long deployments.

 

Crafty - my 2 and a half your old is also extremely moody lately. I think it's the age. She through four fits just getting ready for church, one was only because she couldn't take her dress off of the hanger. My patience is wearing thin for sure.

 

DD1's birthday party was finally a success. Some people couldn't come since we had to postpone it a day but she still had a ton of fun and the weather was perfect! I am ready for her birthday to be through, it has been dragging on for days. Definitely indulging in some take-out tonight, DH and I are exhausted.

 

Baby seems to be extra jumpy lately, lots of movement. She seemed to be bouncing on my bladder all through church, I had to run to the bathroom immediately after.biggrinbounce.gif

post #24 of 99
Thread Starter 

Question of the Day:  As a kid, what did you dream you become when you grew up?

post #25 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

Question of the Day:  As a kid, what did you dream you become when you grew up?

 

I always thought I'd be a fiction writer. Or a rock star.

post #26 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

Question of the Day:  As a kid, what did you dream you become when you grew up?

I wanted to be a veterinarian
post #27 of 99
QOTD: Everything. I distinctly remember having a long list at one point, comprising everything I wanted (ballerina, gymnast) with what I thought others would want or I should want (teacher, missionary). The list was long! I did always want to be a mom! And as an older child decided on teaching (so I could save public schools!). Now I teach my own kids. smile.gif
post #28 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

Question of the Day:  As a kid, what did you dream you become when you grew up?

QOTD: a fashion designer/dancer.  So far from that now, especially if you could see my outfit today. Ha!

post #29 of 99
QOTD: Gymnast was a far fetched dream for a few years. I was interested in being a lawyer, and was pre-med for while. Shame I have no ability to craft an argument and then had no interest in organic chem. I'm a fashion designer now, though you'd never guess it by how I dress.

I've tried to significantly up my protein intake to hopefully help baby's growth rate improve. Despite my seitan centric meals, all I want are tomatoes to be in season. I love that late summer existance of gazpacho, blts, and tomatoes and mozzarella.

It is in the 80s here today, which has made me realize I really need to get sewing on my hatch knock off preg dresses.
post #30 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

Question of the Day:  As a kid, what did you dream you become when you grew up?


Two things really.  1) A mom.  It always seemed like the most awesome job (and it is!!).  My Mom used to have to fight me to get my little siblings away from me.  I was convinced that I could nurse them no problem, and wasn't afraid of poopy diapers even at 2.  :)  2)  Since my parents said I had to have a "real" job some day I wanted to be a veterinarian.  Unfortunately, I have allergies to animal dander, so that was a no-go.  Good for me the whole mom thing worked out perfectly.  :)

post #31 of 99

QOTD:  My sister was 12.5 years older than I was.  Therefore, I idolized her and wanted to be whatever she was.  She was in business admin, then banking.  Until college when I did a 180, and boy did that turn out much better...

post #32 of 99

QDOT - I thought about a teacher, a doctor, a vet, and then a scientist. I decided on scientist and got my PhD in chemistry. But then I had kids and decided I would much rather be at home with them so I spend my days playing princess and cleaning.smile.gif

post #33 of 99
Thread Starter 

cardigan:  hope the protein helps things out!  I'm a sucker for end of summer BLTs, too. eat.gif   

 

QOTD:  When I was little I wanted to be an interior decorator, then a teacher, and ALWAYS a mom.  I ended up being a teacher and taught in public schools for a couple years. (I was going to save them too, Heather.) But I'm grateful to be able to be home with my kids and will start homeschooling next fall.  

post #34 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmie0515 View Post

QOTD:  When I was little I wanted to be an interior decorator...

 

Oh gosh, I had forgotten about that.  I went through a phase where I subscribed to House Beautiful.  I pored over it religiously and would make drawings redecorating our house with money we didn't have...so there.  There was one thing I wanted to be besides whatever my sister was.  ;)

 

Oddly enough, I didn't want to necessarily be a mom until I hit 30.  Sheepish.gif  Heck, I was convinced I wasn't even the marrying type...

post #35 of 99
QOTD: When I was really little, I wanted to be an artist- a painter I guess. I thought of myself swirling colors and wearing a beret and telling people how awesome the color yellow is (red has been my favorite almost ever since though). By the end of elementary school and most of high school, I wanted to be a meteorologist. I'm not sure how that one went away...it just did. I still love science and art and history and, really, everything interests me!

We haven't heard from FarmerCathy in awhile- is she moving right now? Cathy, if you're reading hope you're doing well.
post #36 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISDiva View Post

Oddly enough, I didn't want to necessarily be a mom until I hit 30.  

 

Me too! Now I wish I could have 4 kids! 2 will have to do :)

post #37 of 99
Saw my MW today. I've been losing weight throughout the pregnancy (not intentionally!) though am maintaining at the moment. I have plenty to give and with major stressors plus thyroid issues, it's not unexpected (I always lose a bit but not this much). It was pretty nice to have her remark as she palpated baby that I had definitely been losing! Baby is healthy and perfect and my weight is not an issue. But I'm obviously going to be a good bit lighter, still, come a day or two after birth. And that is something to look forward to!

Baby sounded good and is clearly growing. Measuring 28 at 26 with a full bladder. It still amazes me how much growth there's been. I'm surprised to already be at this stage where the fundus is so high and the sides are easily palpable. Baby is active enough for kids to feel clearly. They're getting more excited and, finally, I think I am, too.

I've been trying to come up with girls name options just in case. I don't know gender but many folks are saying/hoping girl. A name I've never considered before came to mind this afternoon and I can't decide what I think. The meaning may be really apt (meaning is heavily weighted) but it's possibly more unusual than I was planning. I don't discuss names ahead of time but would love input because I'm so torn! My kids are Gabriel, Iain (which is Gaelic for John), Judah, and Eliana. The name I'm debating is Moriah (not Mariah). Middle name is possibly Faith or Hope. (Eliana's is Grace.) Others I've considered include Naomi and Ruth but I'm just not set on anything (except, I think, a boy name - so it's obviously a girl! lol.gif).
post #38 of 99

I like Moriah, and it suits your other names, though everyone will miss pronounce and spell it. Mo would be a cute nick name too.

 

My parents are coming out for a visit in two days so I am getting ready. Bee's birthday is on Friday and party on Saturday.I sewed her a doll bassinet/moses basket, but need to sew her owl dress (she has loved the fabric for months). We had a mini potluck here for church, so the main floor is pretty clean, but I need to have a good go at the upstairs. And get the rest of the giant pile of clothes etc out of the nursery so my dad can work in there.

 

I have been wicked hungry this past while. I ate a small dinner at four and made a smaller one for my husband and I at 7 thinking he would eat most of it. Not so much. I am also super craving sweet and was very annoyed that he took Bee for a go the f to sleep walk and did not bring me home Trader Joes ice cream sandwiches.

post #39 of 99
Heather I like all your names. Naomi is on on the short list for us for names too. There is a song with that name by a band I love a lot. I also like shortening moriah to Mo. I'm not a nicknamer, but some are just so cool or adorable that I think it's great. Mo is definitely in that category.
post #40 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post

Saw my MW today. I've been losing weight throughout the pregnancy (not intentionally!) though am maintaining at the moment. I have plenty to give and with major stressors plus thyroid issues, it's not unexpected (I always lose a bit but not this much). It was pretty nice to have her remark as she palpated baby that I had definitely been losing! Baby is healthy and perfect and my weight is not an issue. But I'm obviously going to be a good bit lighter, still, come a day or two after birth. And that is something to look forward to!

Baby sounded good and is clearly growing. Measuring 28 at 26 with a full bladder. It still amazes me how much growth there's been. I'm surprised to already be at this stage where the fundus is so high and the sides are easily palpable. Baby is active enough for kids to feel clearly. They're getting more excited and, finally, I think I am, too.

I've been trying to come up with girls name options just in case. I don't know gender but many folks are saying/hoping girl. A name I've never considered before came to mind this afternoon and I can't decide what I think. The meaning may be really apt (meaning is heavily weighted) but it's possibly more unusual than I was planning. I don't discuss names ahead of time but would love input because I'm so torn! My kids are Gabriel, Iain (which is Gaelic for John), Judah, and Eliana. The name I'm debating is Moriah (not Mariah). Middle name is possibly Faith or Hope. (Eliana's is Grace.) Others I've considered include Naomi and Ruth but I'm just not set on anything (except, I think, a boy name - so it's obviously a girl! lol.gif).

Moriah is beautiful, as are your other children's names!  I like Moriah Faith the best. 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › August 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › ~Weekly Chat Thread for April 26-May 3~