lilac these all boy names because we're having a boy
Popular Group Discussions
Baby Brag Book 77 posts | Last post on April 16, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Related Forum Threads
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Let's talk baby names! Last post on 9/20/13 at 12:22pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Names Thread Last post on 8/2/13 at 12:06pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Names? - Page 7post #121 of 2187/18/13 at 5:48ampost #122 of 2187/18/13 at 7:59ampost #123 of 2187/18/13 at 10:23am
I like Sami and Zane. Rayan is also nice, but I would worry everyone would see and just think/say Ryan.
I really like the name Ronan, but hubby says no. :( I am trying to sway him in the direction of Jasper now. So clearly I have no problem with old sounding names.
Haha! My favorites keep changing. So I fear it will take all the time I have left to pick one. I have started calling my bump a different name every day to see how they feel when in use. Today he is Tristan. My husbands pick. I figure it's fair to give the ones he likes a chance too.post #124 of 2187/18/13 at 12:29pm
LOL, oops. I guess I got confused with you talking about your DD not having a name that I thought you were having another girl, not a little boy. Then I think Shadi, Zayn/Zane, and Basil would be great names!post #125 of 2187/18/13 at 12:50pm
Ok, I'm really starting to explore naming options more deeply so I'll be ready when DP and I begin discussing them.
Names that are floating to the top of my lists:
Margaret (nn Gretta)
Lionel (nn Leo)
Judepost #126 of 2187/18/13 at 11:40pmpost #127 of 2187/20/13 at 7:16ampost #128 of 2187/20/13 at 8:30amDh and I haven't wanted to discuss names since we don't agree on any until we found out gender. We'll we found out yesterday that it's a girl.... And we still can't agree. I totally named dd geneveve... So I'm at a loss for this one. I want dh to have input, but he really wants an X name. Here's our list:
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2post #129 of 2187/20/13 at 8:54ampost #130 of 2187/20/13 at 9:35ampost #131 of 2187/20/13 at 12:12pmpost #132 of 2187/20/13 at 12:52pmpost #133 of 2187/20/13 at 4:54pm
My lists keep expanding/changing, but I really want to have a good grasp on what names I love before DP and I begin talking about them.
Arame Soliel (AIR-a-may... yep, like the seaweed known as sea oak. I really like the image of rooted flexibility that sea oak brings me)
Aurelia Jane (could have nn Isla)
Margaret (nn Gretta)
Boys: (I do know that DP really likes the name Gus... I'm not a fan of it, but I do really like the name Augustin and could be okay with DP calling the baby Gus)
Rafepost #134 of 2187/21/13 at 9:13amDhs top boy name was Xeno but I really can't do Xena. All I can think of is Xena warrior princess.... But I doubt this next generation will even connect it.
Xoe is fun with an X.
I'll run the other X names by him.
I'm more drawn to zoe and dh is now gunning for xiomara and call her mara, see oh, or cee-cee. I'm like 5percent with all the names though. What kind of middle name do you pair with xiomara? It feels so strong on its own. Dd is geneveve Louise.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2post #135 of 2187/21/13 at 9:15ampost #136 of 2187/21/13 at 10:46ampost #137 of 2187/21/13 at 10:57ammdtmom, I like Luca.
kimkim, I like flower names, too. Before DH, my top two girls' names were Rose and Daisy (both after people I knew as a child). So I'm really happy to get to use Roisin. As far as X names, do they have to start with X? Would your DH like Lexi?
suprgrl, my grandfather is named August, so I really like Augustin.post #138 of 2187/21/13 at 12:53pmpost #139 of 2187/23/13 at 10:03pm
So husband wants to name him Robin Matthew Johnson, because our good friend and kids' Godfather Matthew is just such an incredible guy and has done so much to support our family. Like right now he's working on our dry rot and termite problem, all weekend, for free. He is awesome and smart and worthy of a namesake. But my problem is that I don't think Robin Matthew sounds very good together. I was set on Robin Taylor Johnson- Taylor is my grandmother's maiden name (and I don't think she'll be with us for much longer) and my cousin's name, and I also think it sounds really good. (and there's James Taylor too- he's also a worthy namesake!)
For some reason when Robin is paired with Matthew I don't like it near as much. I wonder if husband can think of a different name to honor him with?post #140 of 2187/24/13 at 9:26am
kimkim~ I love the name Xiomara! We briefly considered it but I have a close friend with that name so decided to pass.
We're still stuck on a middle name. We can't seem to agree. He keeps picking names that just sound choppy with Amelia and he says my picks are old lady names. Guess we have plenty of time to decide-at least we've agreed on a first name!
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 2 minutes ago
- › Body temperature all over the map 4 minutes ago
- › Christian mom April '14 7 minutes ago
- › Child who gets hives with every illness 20 minutes ago
- › Wednesday was stressful =( 26 minutes ago
- › The New And Improved Medical Cure For Hunger And Malnutrition 33 minutes ago
- › Movement? 43 minutes ago
- › Weekly Thread April 14-20 59 minutes ago
- › first dr appointment? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › The Fitness and Activity Thread! 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness