or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › May 2013 Chit Chat

May 2013 Chit Chat - Page 5

post #81 of 659
Oren's feet are a size 3 and he's in pedipeds. He has to wear size 5 rain boots though, because they just don't make them smaller. My kids' feet are tiny. 4yo DD just moved up to a size 8. I've always had trouble getting shoes, because, while tiny, they are also fat like sausages.
post #82 of 659

Eli should only be wearing a 4.5 but because of his little square fat feet he needs the 5.5 to go over the top of his feet, otherwise they are squished... same with his toes ... the wider, the better... I have the same problem.  That is why I buy Keen shoes for myself - they are one of the few brands that are wide enough across the toes...

post #83 of 659
Conner is almost in a 5.5/6. I'm trying to make his shoes last but I don't know how much longer they'll make it.
post #84 of 659
Thread Starter 

Is Levi the only tot who can't stand very well in shoes or walk in shoes still?He always falls flat on his face. He has soft soled shoes, but he just can't do it right now.

post #85 of 659
Sora is in mostly size 6 shoes but we have to buy a size bigger soon. Bummer, seeing as how I just bought her new shoes (and took off the tags) before I realized her feet were barely fitting in that size anymore. Hate when that happens.

She has monkey toes. We all have long toes in this family.

I just discovered tonight that Sora is tall enough to hold my hand while she walks next to me. My heart melted. It was one of those unforgettable parenthood moments. Love love love.
post #86 of 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

I just discovered tonight that Sora is tall enough to hold my hand while she walks next to me. My heart melted. It was one of those unforgettable parenthood moments. Love love love.

Awwwwwwwwww!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and so sick right now. I totally want this to be my last pregnancy!! And I'm showing already and feeling flutters already.

post #87 of 659
I hope you feel better soon Kali. "Morning" sickness is the worst. It's such a miserable feeling.
post #88 of 659
*hugs* Kali... Reminds me not so fondly of my 'all day' sickness I had with Eli, and having to take the bus everywhere... Good luck! Hopefully it will ease up soon...

Everyone's kids doing better? Eli is back to his old self, which is good. The weather was so lovely today! About 24 degrees c. Eli and I had a lovely time at the park around 6 pm, and went to a farmers market earlier in the day, around 1 pm when my dh went to work.

My allergies are so bad... I don't remember them being this bad when I was pregnant, or when I was nursing around this time last year...
post #89 of 659
Conner is much better. He isn't 100%, but he's pretty close.

Conner is tall enough to turn the door knobs now. It's his new obsession. He isn't strong enough to open the door... Yet... But it won't be long.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Kali. I can sympathize. This pregnancy has been 100x worse than my first one.
post #90 of 659
Thread Starter 
Im so glad he's better!

Levi can reach and almost turn door handles as well. So pretty soon we'll have TWO little escape artists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsMom1031 View Post

Conner is much better. He isn't 100%, but he's pretty close.

Conner is tall enough to turn the door knobs now. It's his new obsession. He isn't strong enough to open the door... Yet... But it won't be long.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Kali. I can sympathize. This pregnancy has been 100x worse than my first one.
post #91 of 659

Avery has been opening doors for a while now and that made us have to change our whole routine around the house... locking doors, making sure the toilet seat is always down, hiding step stools, etc.  I know this phase will end and pretty soon, but I'm really tired of keeping everything out of reach.

 

Kali, I'm SO sorry.  I hate, hate, hate that feeling.  Is anything helping this time around?  Have you joined a new DDC to get additional support?

post #92 of 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Avery has been opening doors for a while now and that made us have to change our whole routine around the house... locking doors, making sure the toilet seat is always down, hiding step stools, etc.  I know this phase will end and pretty soon, but I'm really tired of keeping everything out of reach.

 

Kali, I'm SO sorry.  I hate, hate, hate that feeling.  Is anything helping this time around?  Have you joined a new DDC to get additional support?


Talking about toilets - Eli keeps flushing ours.  I told him that he can't flush the toilet when there is nothing in it.  I walked away with him - later in the day when Eli was really quiet I went to go see what he was up to, and there he was ... shredding toilet paper into the toilet and as he saw me he proudly ran over and flushed it.  It almost seemed like he was saying, See you said there had to be something in it before I could flush it! ROTFLMAO.gif

 

Eli can also reach door handles now - he can't quite get it turned though - but our door is almost always locked because we live in an apartment building... he is also tall enough to hold my hand - I let him walk a lot now, but he needs to hold my hand to cross streets - it is just so cute! luxlove.gif  He has also become super snuggly with his daddy - he never used to but now he does and it is adorable!

 

Crappy night over here - Eli cried most of the night, and when he was quiet my allergies were keeping me up *sigh* ... I am tired - I gave up and just got up.  I was awake from 5-6am and that was the only period Eli slept :(

post #93 of 659
Thread Starter 
Since casey can go into the bathroom freely she leaves the door open. Guess who plays in the toilet -_-

Levi is tall enough to hold my hand and walk with me but I dont do it in public yet because usually if Im out and about Im in a hurry. We walk down the hall together though and around the yard. Ive held his jand a few times to redirect him and Ive almost gotten bit!

He also has taken to snuggling DH. They both love it! Billy loves getting Levi kisses and actually being able to hold him with me in the room.

I hope you guys feel better and get rested! xxxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnshades View Post


Talking about toilets - Eli keeps flushing ours.  I told him that he can't flush the toilet when there is nothing in it.  I walked away with him - later in the day when Eli was really quiet I went to go see what he was up to, and there he was ... shredding toilet paper into the toilet and as he saw me he proudly ran over and flushed it.  It almost seemed like he was saying, See you said there had to be something in it before I could flush it! ROTFLMAO.gif

Eli can also reach door handles now - he can't quite get it turned though - but our door is almost always locked because we live in an apartment building... he is also tall enough to hold my hand - I let him walk a lot now, but he needs to hold my hand to cross streets - it is just so cute! luxlove.gif  He has also become super snuggly with his daddy - he never used to but now he does and it is adorable!

Crappy night over here - Eli cried most of the night, and when he was quiet my allergies were keeping me up *sigh* ... I am tired - I gave up and just got up.  I was awake from 5-6am and that was the only period Eli slept greensad.gif
post #94 of 659
I just handled a dog with a contagious flesh eating fungus. Yay. Thank God I had a jacket on, so only my hands were exposed.
post #95 of 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsMom1031 View Post

I just handled a dog with a contagious flesh eating fungus. Yay. Thank God I had a jacket on, so only my hands were exposed.

 

Well that is gross!  Most flesh eating bacteria are an "inside out" bacteria.  Do you have cuts or scrapes on your hands, or is this a contact bacteria?

 

 

B is only 29 inches tall.  Not tall enough to even know we have door knobs.  But, she is a climber.

post #96 of 659
If a toddler has an underbite now, does that guarantee she'll have an underbite when her adult teeth come in? Just noticed Sora has one. We've never had underbites in our family, only overbites. I'm already imagining braces down the road. Bleh.
post #97 of 659
Looks like we are starting to build an awesome neighborhood community of young parents with young kids! I'm so excited. We just met a couple a few houses down who have twin 1-yr-olds and a 3-yr-old. Lots of those ages around. Oddly enough, lots of multiple births around here too... We were joking there is something in the water. More twins a few blocks down. A few sets of triplets in the area even. I'm intrigued. Haha.
post #98 of 659
No idea, Joanie. I never count baby teeth, though. Once my big girls' adult teeth started growing in, I start paying attention. Dd1 will 100% need braces, as every dentist LOVES to tells us a million times. (Great for her self esteem.) Her front teeth stick out and are crooked. Can't tell with dd2 yet. I didn't notice any issues with dd1 until her adult teeth came in. They actually wanted to do braces when she was 8 then again as a teen. I did some research, got a second opinion, and decided early braces are mostly bs.
post #99 of 659
It's an inside out one. I don't have any obvious cuts, but I'm a nail/cuticle biter, sooo...

Conner is already starting to get the thumb sucker overbite. So I'm sure his adult teeth will be the same.
post #100 of 659
Thread Starter 
Better stop drinking the tap water! :P wasnt it you that said there was something in the water that you got a letter about?

Sorry, I didnt mean to discount your new comminity ties. Thats pretty awesome that you're meeting new people. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Looks like we are starting to build an awesome neighborhood community of young parents with young kids! I'm so excited. We just met a couple a few houses down who have twin 1-yr-olds and a 3-yr-old. Lots of those ages around. Oddly enough, lots of multiple births around here too... We were joking there is something in the water. More twins a few blocks down. A few sets of triplets in the area even. I'm intrigued. Haha.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2011 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › May 2013 Chit Chat