I think our journey of breastfeeding has come to an end. My daughter is 3 1/2 and I got my BFP last week. This is our second day of no nursing. She's fussed a little but nothing like I thought she would. I think it's harder on her than me. I'd love to keep nursing her, but with my loss in March and then being diagnosed with hypothyroidism I don't think I can risk continuing to stress by body by bf'ing through another pregnancy. I even wonder if breastfeeding through my last pregnancy and then tandem breastfeeding didn't help push my thyroid into failure. I'm been bf'ing and/or pregnant for over 6 yrs. Didn't want it to end this way, but I want to do everything I can to be healthy and keep this new little one healthy.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by SoCaliMommy, 5/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- TTC. I NEED HELP...PLEASE Last post on Yesterday at 9:44 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Cycle seems whacked. Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 am in Trying To Conceive
- 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Trying To Conceive
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:04pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Nursing Mamas TTC May - Page 4post #61 of 875/22/13 at 10:24ampost #62 of 875/22/13 at 7:35pmpost #63 of 875/22/13 at 7:35pmpost #64 of 875/22/13 at 10:24pm
Hello! I'm new here and looking to feel a little less alone... AF returned when DS was 12.5 months old. We were hoping to catch the first egg, but didn't. I've been charting and it seems that my luteal phase has been a little short since AF returned, so I've been trying to cut out a nursing with each cycle. We are down to nursing two times per day, and I am in my fifth pp cycle. I'm hoping that DS won't have to completely wean for me to be able to get pregnant, but I'm starting to think that's what has to happen. Expecting to O any day now and keeping my fingers crossed that the fifth time's the charm!post #65 of 875/23/13 at 2:57ampost #66 of 875/23/13 at 9:25am
It's so crazy how everyone is so different with AF and nursing. I nurse ALL THE TIME, and a few times a night, and I've had AF this time since 3m PP! I've nursed through 2 pregnancies and tandemed those 2x as well. I will probably do the same this time too, if LO keeps on. I always have to night wean when PG though.post #67 of 875/23/13 at 10:13amThread Starterpost #68 of 875/23/13 at 7:57pmpost #69 of 875/26/13 at 10:23amHi everyone! Can you add me to waiting to catch first pp egg .
I have a 8 month old & I have always wanted my first 2 close in age. Dh has been bringing up that we should start trying & I was excited but nervouse about how long it might take. I havent had a period yet. I had a short 3 days of bleeding around 3 months but nothing since. DD nurses 5-6 times a day, I was pumping once a day but now Im off work for the summer so I stopped pumping 4 days ago(yay!). At night just last week we figured things out(for now) and she feeds 3-4 times at night. Id really like to cut back at night. Ha!
Does anyone have any tips on helping to bring O back besides decreasing nursing & not loosing weight(from last month thread )?post #70 of 875/26/13 at 12:49pm
I got a BFP on Friday! I calculate my due date as February 2nd... Groundhog Day. I want to tell everybody, but it's still so early. Husband didn't believe it at first. He is not used to looking at faint positives--I only figured out I might be pregnant with DD about 23 DPO and it was a very strong test.
So far no symptoms really. I feel like I might be peeing more, but I also might be drinking more water at work--I don't usually drink as much at home.
We joked that we should name the baby Phil if it's a boy and born on his due date, but it doesn't go well with our last name so we wouldn't really.
Still not feeling entirely real about the whole thing.post #71 of 875/26/13 at 9:00pmpost #72 of 875/27/13 at 8:55ampost #73 of 875/28/13 at 5:59pmpost #74 of 875/28/13 at 8:22pmpost #75 of 875/29/13 at 1:36pmpost #76 of 875/31/13 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #77 of 875/31/13 at 3:30pmpost #78 of 876/1/13 at 8:12pm
Maybe I am getting somewhere - lots of EWCM the past two days, and a possible positive OPK earlier today. I may have taken it too early to truly be reliable, so we will see what tonight's OPK says. I noticed tonight that my nipples seemed sore while nursing - it almost felt like he was scraping his teeth against them (but he has no teeth yet, ha). For those of you that have ovulated, do you get sore nipples around ovulation?post #79 of 876/1/13 at 9:02pmpost #80 of 876/1/13 at 9:31pm
fishywishy - Yes!! My nipples get very sore around ovulation sometimes; that's part of how I knew I was ovulating again before AF returned (that and a positive OPK). There have been a few times I thought maybe we had thrush again. They seemed to get less sore after a few cycles, but it seems to be back with a vengeance this cycle... they've been sore for the past five days! And DS is teething and just wants to suckle forever when I nurse him before bed... sometimes I just have to take him off because it hurts so much (I'm guessing that's what I'll be facing once I get pregnant?), but I feel so bad.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Debate This Quote 25 seconds ago
- › Christian moms March '14 9 minutes ago
- › Irrational fears, anyone? 15 minutes ago
- › Looking for a goob OB in South Florida. 16 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 16 minutes ago
- › Sick at 37 weeks :( 20 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 21 minutes ago
- › do you wear make-up? 22 minutes ago
- › Gestational Diabetes Support Group 31 minutes ago
- › May be moving to Richmond, VA - tell me about living there... 33 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild