We have been advised to circumcise my 9 year old son due to phimosis and balanitis and to stop repeated infections. We have seen two different doctors and both are of the same opinion.
He is now scheduled to have the operation on Tuesday. We have been to the pre-assessment but would like to have some advise from parents who have gone through the same.
1. Is it going to be very painful? If yes, for how long?
2. How long does my son need to be away from school?
3. How long does it take for complete healing ?
4. Any advise on how to help the healing process?
5. What precautions or any advise to avoid any possible infections after the operations?
6. I would like to show him drawings of how it would look after the surgery as I do not want him to be surprised - any good websites that someone can recommend?
Any other experience, help and advise would be highly appreciated. I live in the UK if this is of any help.