Thanks to overtime for DH we have been able to pay off another credit card. 8 down, 12 cc/student loans to go! Making progress again after doing our IVF feels good.
Related Forum Threads
- Is it wrong to get a tattoo while on welfare? Last post on Yesterday at 11:02 pm in Frugality & Finances
- Getting out of debt in December, 2013 Last post on 12/19/13 at 3:34pm in Frugality & Finances
- December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with Pinched Pennies! Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Frugality & Finances
- homeschooling on public assistance Last post on 12/19/13 at 6:59pm in Frugality & Finances
- Any Guesses? Last post on 11/22/13 at 5:49am in Frugality & Finances
Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas
Last edited: 12/18/13
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for KidsLast edited: 12/20/12
- chicken, littleLast edited: 3/15/13
- Frugalitie$Last edited: 3/20/13
- Frugality And Finances ResourcesLast edited: 5/2/13
Getting Out of Debt - May 2013 - Page 3post #41 of 535/26/13 at 6:18pmpost #42 of 535/26/13 at 7:39pmpost #43 of 535/27/13 at 2:50pm
Got Paid today 325 went to rent and 175 in bank for bills. The 86 dollars i had left over got split up as 25/dollars for the christmas fund and rest went into EF total 700 in EF. in june i will br able to finish the EF and then be able to pay off SL by christmas. I'm right on track just need a few more checks with 79+hrs in thempost #44 of 535/28/13 at 10:14pm
polly make sure you are doing something for yourself during the week or that many hours of work will catch up to you and you'll burn out before christmas. Happy to hear you are so focused though! Keep up the good work.
AFM, I have my car back in the shop. My second transmission is going out. The shop says they will cover it even though the warranty is past but we'll see. It's only been a year but I drive a lot.
I haven't heard anything back about the house and can't seem to make up my mind as to what I should do. I'm back on disability as I threw my back out again. Living on a fixed disabled income is becoming more and more of a reality to me. All the more reason to get out of debt ASAP!post #45 of 535/29/13 at 1:55am
Gosh I haven't posted or read in a while! I remember where a lot of you ladies where six months ago, and am impressed with the progress :-)
We made it through BS2 a month or so ago (my computer died and I didn't have a back-up of Quicken so it's all a bit fuzzy).
My only financial goal for 2013 is to have 2 months saved in an E-fund and have enough to buy a Roth for me this year.
As of today, was have 16% of our two month E-fund and 0% for my Roth. And DH just got the notice that he will be furloughed this year, so it's going to be tight. I am setting the E-fund goal low so that hopefully we can reach it, and also because that's all I want to live in the accounts we are filling right now. After that I will shift to something that earns more interest.post #46 of 535/29/13 at 7:19pmpost #47 of 535/29/13 at 9:51pm
Can I ask for thoughts and prayers that these two tutoring interviews I have go well? It will more than likely be only an hour each/week/kid (50.00 extra a week), but that's 200.00/month to put towards debt and savings. I am still trying to get an online tutoring job, but these would help a lot!post #48 of 535/30/13 at 1:35ampost #49 of 535/30/13 at 5:27pmpost #50 of 535/31/13 at 12:51ampost #51 of 535/31/13 at 11:43amWell ladies, I have one last mat. leave payment before our income stops for 3 mos. we have savings- not enough, but we always make things work, so I'm sure we'll figure it out! This BS3 has been EXHAUSTING and drawn out. I can't wait until DH is done school and bringing home the bacon!! 18 mos to go...post #52 of 536/1/13 at 10:53am
Good luck eirual!! I am sure you will find a way to make it work, the good news is if your on BS3 that means none of the money is going towards debt!
So Dh has decided he wants to apply for an early out, they are doing away with the language mission he is involved in anyway (Tagalog, he is a linguist in the Army) and have already told us that sometime in the next few years he will either have to switch MOS's or have his contract dissolved...he said he would just rather jump start the process now and get on with our lives. If it's approved he will get out about Nov 2014, so we have about a year and a year and 5 months to get out of debt and save, save, save. Lucky for Dh I am obsessive about numbers so I am in the process of creating us a plan to do just that. When he gets out of school we will have his GI Bill and a PELL grant (which the grant will pay for all his schooling since it's at the Junior college) so we will have some income coming in.
Ugh my mind is just spinning...
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Kids
- › Toddler hysterical all night 1 minute ago
- › Boy or Girl 3 minutes ago
- › Locking toddlers in their room at night 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone else doing blood draws for hcg and progesterone? 11 minutes ago
- › Bed times 23 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 23 minutes ago
- › Anyone else opting to take progesterone? 23 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 24 minutes ago
- › Hair today... 25 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 39 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh