Thanks to overtime for DH we have been able to pay off another credit card. 8 down, 12 cc/student loans to go! Making progress again after doing our IVF feels good.
Related Forum Threads
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Frugality & Finances
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on Yesterday at 5:01 pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 3/12/14 at 11:46am in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on 3/13/14 at 11:16pm in Frugality & Finances
- ~~ Be Mine, Sweet Savings ~~ February No-Spend Challenge! All Welcome! Last post on 3/1/14 at 11:45am in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at ChristmasLast edited: 12/18/13
- 100 Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Kids
Getting Out of Debt - May 2013 - Page 3post #41 of 535/26/13 at 6:18pmpost #42 of 535/26/13 at 7:39pmpost #43 of 535/27/13 at 2:50pm
Got Paid today 325 went to rent and 175 in bank for bills. The 86 dollars i had left over got split up as 25/dollars for the christmas fund and rest went into EF total 700 in EF. in june i will br able to finish the EF and then be able to pay off SL by christmas. I'm right on track just need a few more checks with 79+hrs in thempost #44 of 535/28/13 at 10:14pm
polly make sure you are doing something for yourself during the week or that many hours of work will catch up to you and you'll burn out before christmas. Happy to hear you are so focused though! Keep up the good work.
AFM, I have my car back in the shop. My second transmission is going out. The shop says they will cover it even though the warranty is past but we'll see. It's only been a year but I drive a lot.
I haven't heard anything back about the house and can't seem to make up my mind as to what I should do. I'm back on disability as I threw my back out again. Living on a fixed disabled income is becoming more and more of a reality to me. All the more reason to get out of debt ASAP!post #45 of 535/29/13 at 1:55am
Gosh I haven't posted or read in a while! I remember where a lot of you ladies where six months ago, and am impressed with the progress :-)
We made it through BS2 a month or so ago (my computer died and I didn't have a back-up of Quicken so it's all a bit fuzzy).
My only financial goal for 2013 is to have 2 months saved in an E-fund and have enough to buy a Roth for me this year.
As of today, was have 16% of our two month E-fund and 0% for my Roth. And DH just got the notice that he will be furloughed this year, so it's going to be tight. I am setting the E-fund goal low so that hopefully we can reach it, and also because that's all I want to live in the accounts we are filling right now. After that I will shift to something that earns more interest.post #46 of 535/29/13 at 7:19pmpost #47 of 535/29/13 at 9:51pm
Can I ask for thoughts and prayers that these two tutoring interviews I have go well? It will more than likely be only an hour each/week/kid (50.00 extra a week), but that's 200.00/month to put towards debt and savings. I am still trying to get an online tutoring job, but these would help a lot!post #48 of 535/30/13 at 1:35ampost #49 of 535/30/13 at 5:27pmpost #50 of 535/31/13 at 12:51ampost #51 of 535/31/13 at 11:43amWell ladies, I have one last mat. leave payment before our income stops for 3 mos. we have savings- not enough, but we always make things work, so I'm sure we'll figure it out! This BS3 has been EXHAUSTING and drawn out. I can't wait until DH is done school and bringing home the bacon!! 18 mos to go...post #52 of 536/1/13 at 10:53am
Good luck eirual!! I am sure you will find a way to make it work, the good news is if your on BS3 that means none of the money is going towards debt!
So Dh has decided he wants to apply for an early out, they are doing away with the language mission he is involved in anyway (Tagalog, he is a linguist in the Army) and have already told us that sometime in the next few years he will either have to switch MOS's or have his contract dissolved...he said he would just rather jump start the process now and get on with our lives. If it's approved he will get out about Nov 2014, so we have about a year and a year and 5 months to get out of debt and save, save, save. Lucky for Dh I am obsessive about numbers so I am in the process of creating us a plan to do just that. When he gets out of school we will have his GI Bill and a PELL grant (which the grant will pay for all his schooling since it's at the Junior college) so we will have some income coming in.
Ugh my mind is just spinning...
- Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas
- › Naturalist / Nudist Mamas! 3 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Educational Materials? 34 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 41 minutes ago
- › 5 yo ds and hurt feelings 44 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Debate This Quote 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › this is the worst news article so far. What do you think? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Thanks, Pharma. You created the “anti-vaccine movement” 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Vaccines Are Not Money Makers 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild