Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:22pm in February 2014 Due Date Club
- symptoms? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:03pm in June 2014 Due Date Club
- Anyone Exercising or Planning To? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:53am in June 2014 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Is it too soon for a name thread? - Page 7post #122 of 1629/30/13 at 1:10pmpost #123 of 1629/30/13 at 5:53pmIts been awhile since I've peeked at this thread, and I've found out its a girl.... so the name things hot on my mind right now! Funny I had just been mulling Eden and Elise around in my mind and you all are thinking of them too! My gosh naming is hard! Every time I think its settled, I find a reason to talk myself out of it.....post #124 of 16210/1/13 at 11:28ampost #125 of 16210/1/13 at 12:09pmpost #126 of 16210/1/13 at 2:01pmI know tons of Ellie's (all little girls 10 and under). I don't know a single Elise. I did go to college with an Elisa.
I do like Blythe! Always have. It is very 1980's rich girl, but I love it. I haven't heard Melora before. Melora might jive with your last name better, due to the syllables being different. The 1-1 of Blythe Frey doesn't have as nice of a sing-song as Melora Frey. I actually think the two names are nice together Blythe Mellora!
Pixie - how do you pronounce Zjaneen? I googled it and didnt come up with anything. Is it a typo, and you mean Janeen?post #127 of 16210/1/13 at 3:56pmpost #128 of 16210/1/13 at 5:36pmpost #129 of 16210/1/13 at 8:03pmWe almost were going to use Blythe as our middle name. Very old fashioned Edwardian name...love it.
Melora is lovely too.
My only concern (again here I go w initials haha) is that with Melora initials would be MF. Makes me think of an expletive.
And Blythe Melora of BM (bowel movement)...Melora Blythe is sweet but again has the MF first-last initials... unless that doesn't bother you.post #130 of 16210/2/13 at 7:09pmpost #131 of 16210/3/13 at 9:19amI am a naming geek! I love to mull over every little detail like initials, potential nicknames, how the names fit w their siblings, meaning, etc. I have helped friends of mine w names for their babes. Anyway, I love talking names. It's almost my favorite thing about having a baby (aside from the squish itself!!).post #132 of 16210/3/13 at 6:30pmpost #133 of 16210/3/13 at 9:09pmpost #134 of 16210/4/13 at 5:18ampost #135 of 16210/4/13 at 8:14ampost #136 of 16210/4/13 at 9:18am
Harper was on my list when I was pregnant with my son 5 years ago. I love it.
I had a cat named Freyja, and my husband's cousin named her daughter Freyja. If I hadn't had a cat with that name, I might have considered it for a human. It's a lovely name.
Of course, I've got two boys - no need to think of girl names now.post #137 of 16210/4/13 at 3:45pmQuote:What a lovely list of names!
There are none on there I dislike.
I am especially drawn to Morgan, Freyja, Anna, Evelyn & Harper.
I like Madeleine but know so many girls named this.
Harper Evelynpost #138 of 16210/5/13 at 4:51ampost #139 of 16210/14/13 at 7:52pm
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 1 minute ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 2 minutes ago
- › anyone conceive easily at 43? 5 minutes ago
- › Freezer Meals for Postpartum 7 minutes ago
- › General Chat 13 minutes ago
- › Working Titles? 14 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 15 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 16 minutes ago
- › I hate worrying. 18 minutes ago
- › I'm on a decluttering roll! 19 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher