I like Lila (and Elise of course)
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:22pm in February 2014 Due Date Club
- symptoms? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:03pm in June 2014 Due Date Club
- Anyone Exercising or Planning To? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:53am in June 2014 Due Date Club
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
Is it too soon for a name thread? - Page 8post #141 of 16210/15/13 at 7:48ampost #142 of 16210/15/13 at 3:59pmpost #143 of 16210/21/13 at 10:50am
Hi, all. My name's Moni and I just joined the group yesterday. We're having another boy in Jan and I had girl's names picked out(this preg was so different I could've sworn it was a girl), but am totally stumped for boys' names. My current kids' names are Tori Anastasia, Spencer Michael and Simon Tenzin and their last name begins with a "G". I'm not stuck on another S name, it just worked out that way with my two boys, but nothing has really stuck in my head for this little guy. Here are some that have made it to my list, but again, nothing really grabs me yet.
I actually REALLY love the name Oliver, but apparently so does everyone else right now. lol I really want to stay away from trending names so I'm trying to stay away from the top 200s so that he's not one of a dozen in his school. :) Thanks for any more name ideas!
~monipost #144 of 16210/21/13 at 12:36pm
Oh man, I was at a work convention this weekend and people asked me the name and I got a lot of blank stares. Reminds me of when I told people I was naming my first Ivar Wulfgang.
We haven't shared it with the wide world yet, though a few people know.
I guess I'll consider blank stares to be a positive? Ha! Seriously, though, People love Ike's name now, and I'm sure they'll "get" the new one's eventually.
It's Stellan Ulrik, by the way. And we'll call him Uli.
(we have a 15-letter, very german, last name so we pick short names for our kids to go by)post #145 of 16210/21/13 at 4:14pmpost #146 of 16211/3/13 at 12:06amStarting to worry about names. I don't have any that I am in love with and DH has only offered up Stella ( after his grandmother). oh and he posted to his family that for the right cash incentive he would give naming rights! It a bit of a family joke as his mother (with 8 of her own) has been trying for years to get a grand baby names Bridget Mary.
We have Noah Alexander, Quinlan ( Quin) Gerard and Niamh Kathryn. And a stepson (to me) Zydeco Dylan. All middle names are family connected. DH background is Irish, mine Scottish.
We dont know boy or girl yet and I like to have a shortlist at arrival to avoid too much searching when things are busy with a new babe.
I love reading the beautiful names everyone is putting out there. And so hoping some names start calling to me for this one.post #147 of 16211/3/13 at 11:18amBridget is on our list!
I love Niamh! Other than Bridget which is also fairly widely used in England, we wouldn't use an Irish name as we haven't any Irish roots, but there are a lot I really like and wish we could add to our list How about Aislinn, Saoirse, Isla, Maeve, Maureen, Ciara, Aine? Sorry I'm stuck on girls' names as that's what we are having boys' names I like are Niall, Declan, Liam, Finn/Fionn, and Ronan.post #148 of 16211/4/13 at 10:54ampost #149 of 16211/5/13 at 11:33ampost #150 of 16211/5/13 at 1:49pm
Catwmandu- I know how that feels, we were there for a long time.
Now, on the other hand, are pretty certain we have our name, and we know that lots of people will be extremely critical of it, but we don't care. We love it.
It is not the Colombian name we were looking for, but we think it is great. I am sure we/he will hear endless Romeo and Juliet references, and I feel bad for his first few romantic partners who will also be teased, but I think we feel okay about it. I can see it shortened to Rome, or possibly me calling him Romy occasionally. (Husband doesn't like Romy as a nickname.)
PamelaRRR- love Uli!post #151 of 16211/6/13 at 3:39pmpost #152 of 16211/7/13 at 7:44am
Simonzkedge - Glad to know I am not alone.
The names that I liked - I still like, but I just don't feel them.
With my DD I knew 2 years before I had her that I would name her Corinne. It's funny because I have loved the name Samantha since I was a wee one and swore I'd name a daughter that but 2 years before I got pregnant I fell for another name and it just felt right. You know?
I'm the type of person that has to feel something. Whether it's a house, a day care, etc... if I don't feel it I can't get on board.
I did feel somewhat similiar to what I feel now with my DS. I had a small list and decided off of them towards the end. This one though I've kind of abandoned the list and am not even looking actively through books... just every once in awhile when the mood strikes me.post #153 of 16211/7/13 at 9:54am
Catwmandu- I am there with you! I actually had a boys name and girl names picked out in the beginning but then stopped feeling as strongly towards them. Especially the girls name.Then I find a new girls name that I love, but just start to feel "eh" about it. I've been on here posting, "OK I think this is the one." and asking advice but then I just lose my love of the name. I am to the point that I probably won't have a name until this LO comes out and I meet him/her. I think that is the biggest thing.... Not knowing what we are having so I have a hard time feeling super strong to a name. It will probably be one I have mentioned before but who knows. I am very indecisive while not pregnant but even more so while pregnant! My husband is losing patience! lol
Good luck in your name searches mamas!post #154 of 16211/7/13 at 10:09ampost #155 of 16211/7/13 at 6:53pm
same here tspencer and catwmandu. I just can't seem to like names at the moment. It worries me a little because it took weeks for the 5 of us to name our puppy! and finally I just picked a from all our lists. Now I do realize that this is a baby and not a pup ;) but I so wish some names would talk to me!!
Some of my faves from the past have been used by friends and family over the years and while I think we will be ok if its a girl I am worried if its a boy!
mind you DH has been taking bids on FB for naming rights so who knows, maybe naming will come with cash incentive ;)
oh. dear. me!!!!post #156 of 16211/7/13 at 7:54pmpost #157 of 16211/17/13 at 3:29pmSame boat, indecisive ladies! Uuuugh this is hard! I've been calling her Estelle lately (the first time I've used any name to call baby) but I just don't know! Is it too old lady-igh? I know people will at least initially cringe at it, but I'm kinda into it.... sigh I don't have a real great back up choice that fills all my name requirements...post #158 of 16211/17/13 at 3:39pmpost #159 of 16211/18/13 at 2:19amKt-mommy, I really like it.
I keep going through names and returning to Oliver. I've loved it from the getgo, but the fact it's like #70 is deterring me. I might just end up biting the bullet though. Close second is Emerson, but I can't find a good nickname to go with it. 2 more months to figure it out! Lolpost #160 of 16211/18/13 at 10:34amKT, I LOVE Estelle!! It's so romantic and a more unique version the v popular Stella. I know one little girl named that and it's v fresh not old ladyish. Also makes me think of the Cindy Crawford era of models... there was a gorgeous French model named Estelle La Febvre (sp?).
Simon: I really like Oliver too. That was our top choice when my daughter was born 3 yrs ago had she been a boy. My best friend named her 2 yr old that and it's super cute... they call him Ollie too.
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › We lost the baby 46 seconds ago
- › Worst Christmas Gift thread 2 minutes ago
- › Past due! 8 minutes ago
- › What were you fed? 23 minutes ago
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 25 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 26 minutes ago
- › Crunchy Christian mamas '13 30 minutes ago
- › Bottle Feeders; How Do You Deal With Guilt? 33 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy/ Childbirth Wish List 1 hour ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh