I am just posting this to ask for mummies' opinions.
if my child at 15 months:
1. Knows more than 180 words and able to articulate them pretty clearly:
- Name colors like red, green, blue, yellow, orange, pink, purple
- Able to recognize alphabet (upper case, about half of the alphabet)
- Able to count to 5
- Able to name most body parts head, ears, eyes, tummy, nose, tongue, teeth, hand, finger, feet, toes
- Use words to express needs, wants and some simple emotions like happy, sad, sleepy
- Obey commands including tidying / putting things away, switch on and off lights of her bed room before bed.
- Remember where she kept her toys (e.g. the place which each toy belongs in the shelf) most of the time but not all the time
- Already putting two words togher
2. Able to stack blocks of 5 (needs a bit of coaxing)
3. Walks without a wide-base gait, starting to run.
4. Able to kick a ball
5. keen interest in books, pictures. Can recognize her favorite animals / objects by looking at their outlines etc. (baby, cat, dog, kitten, monkey, crocodile, peacock, chicken, horse, giraffe, bowl, spoon, fork, towel, and more but I lost count). Picks up books by herself and reads on her own (although I am not sure whether she can really understand the words) but she seems to understand when asked to point.
Is this considered gifted, or just fast in her milestone?