- topicTeenstagged by kiddoe390, 5/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Dealing with DD's toxic "friend" Last post on 12/20/13 at 5:03am in Preteens and Teens
- Sleepovers when your teen is pansexual Last post on 12/18/13 at 5:58pm in Preteens and Teens
- Book ideas for the 13-year-old boy... Last post on 12/8/13 at 4:48pm in Preteens and Teens
- 8th grade son just isn't focussing in school Last post on 12/9/13 at 9:23pm in Preteens and Teens
- HELP. Last post on 12/3/13 at 12:25pm in Preteens and Teens
Would You Let Your 9-Year-Old Shave Her Legs?
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Five Tips for Helping Tweens (Re)Discover Pleasure ReadingLast edited: 4/18/13
- Why Not Apply to Harvard? If You Don't Get Rejected Sometimes,...
18 year old slob - Page 3post #42 of 475/17/13 at 9:26pmQuote:What are you talking about? There wasn't any logic to attack in what I said that you responded to. The only possible "logic" you could be referring to was my statement that I agreed with a previous poster- which apparently you took to mean that I was agreeing with someone who was NOT you, thus disagreeing with you, and therefore wrong. The arrogance of this attitude is astounding. FWIW I didn't even read all of your first post- or any of your others because they're too verbose for my attention span- but I am offended that you took the opportunity to single me out and criticize me for doing what most on this thread were doing- offering our thoughts and experiences to the OP. You may wish to read your post again if you think you weren't rude or belittling, because clearly you were.
Sorry, OP. I only posted to try to be helpful. I should have realized that the queen of motherhood had already said all there was to say and the thread should've been locked and closed. Gonna unsub, goodnight.post #43 of 475/18/13 at 5:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Linda on the move
College entrance was settled months ago. If she is going anyplace other than community college, that is already all settled. If it is community college, then her grades don't matter.
She doesn't know how to do laundry, much less how to do laundry and study and at same time right now, and therefore she ain't ready for college (even though she is already earning college credits!). I think a parent should be walking her through how to do her laundry (which she can do while studying).
Well, actually... while admission may have already occurred, that is usually contingent on maintaining GPA. Admissions letters state this. So even if she's gotten in, her Senior finals DO matter.
You may be surprised at how many college students do not know how to do laundry. My daughter did quite well for herself first term doing/teaching kids how to do it.post #44 of 475/18/13 at 5:53ampost #45 of 475/18/13 at 7:56amQuote:
No one ever taught me to do laundry. Yet I had no trouble washing my own clothes when I went off to college. It's rather self explanatory. Put clothes in machine, add detergent, insert quarters. People can make it all complicated and talk about fiber content and water temperature if they like. But it isn't necessary. Sure the odd item might shrink but then it doesn't fit and it's no longer an issue;-)post #46 of 475/19/13 at 6:18pmpost #47 of 475/20/13 at 5:50amQuote:Originally Posted by 4evermom
No one ever taught me to do laundry. Yet I had no trouble washing my own clothes when I went off to college. It's rather self explanatory. Put clothes in machine, add detergent, insert quarters. People can make it all complicated and talk about fiber content and water temperature if they like. But it isn't necessary. Sure the odd item might shrink but then it doesn't fit and it's no longer an issue;-)
Oh, I agree! Both of mine picked it up easily early on. The only laundry that was an issue was my oldest washing the youngest's underwear. Fair enough.
But so many people do make it seem complicated, that a lot of kids at my daughter's school were lost. She made good bank doing/teaching them how to do their wash. Also got her in good with the soccer, bball and lax boys! LOL
- Five Tips for Helping Tweens (Re)Discover Pleasure Reading
- › baby and public places/strangers/personal space 50 seconds ago
- › are there people on here who did zero vaccinations for their kids... 3 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 4 minutes ago
- › Period late, sore boobs, pg test negative. What's going on? 6 minutes ago
- › Antenatal depression - help? 35 minutes ago
- › Spare change (or more) for Holiday Helper! 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper: Family Focus! 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, Books, and... 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Clothing, Outerwear, and Shoes... 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh