So I know Rhogam is not technically a vaccine because of how the product works but I am clumping it in because I'm pretty sure that all the preservatives etc. are the same. That's really the big concern (for me) anyways.
So here is my dilemma. I am Rh- DH is Rh+ homozygous so this baby is def. going to inherit his blood. I have refused the Rhogam shot during pregnancy and am still up in the air about whether or not to get it post-partum. Well last night I started having low cramping, back aches, and increased discharge.
I'm still waiting for a call back for my midwife and have just been taking it easy. Are any of these symptoms a cause for concern for blood mixing? I read conflicting things that I'm either A) going through pre-term labor, B) completely fine and everything is normal, or C) could be a situaton where I would require rhogam. Bleh.
I am planning on asking when I get the call back but I know her opinion is that I should get it and there are absolutely no adverse side effects. I take that "no side effects" with a huge grain of salt. I don't buy it.
so thoughts? What would you do?