or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Allergies › Allergy to Beets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allergy to Beets

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

I added 1 raw beet to my juicing mixture, and within minutes I felt very strange (like when you take Niacin), and then my face became very hot, and within minutes I was vomiting.  After vomiting several times, I started drinking ginger water and that seemed to calm it down, and then I took two benedryl.  My face was very red, and I got red blotches all over my face, and it was very swollen.  24 hours later the swelling is down, but I still have blotches all over my face, and I just feel strange.  Drinking a lot of water, and continued with the Benedryl. Urine was red until 24 hours later.  This was very scary, because I have eaten beets at salad bars before, and I have no other food allergies that I know of.

post #2 of 3

Oh wow, that is scary!

post #3 of 3

I'm thinking it was the fact that the beet was raw.  Were the salad bar beets canned?  That means they were cooked and possibly less reactive. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Allergies
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Allergies › Allergy to Beets