Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- You Have Options! Oak Meadow November 2013 Giveaway! Last post on 12/4/13 at 3:28pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- multiplication tables? How to teach... Last post on 11/21/13 at 7:50pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Something like facebook/pinterest for younger kids? Any ideas? Last post on 10/19/13 at 6:31am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Any spelling games you can recommend? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:30am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Free, online math site for primary grades Last post on 10/25/13 at 8:35am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Winner Selected! Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! - Page 6post #102 of 5105/14/13 at 9:41ampost #103 of 5105/14/13 at 9:41am
I love the idea of creating a peaceful spot. We are working on our yard to create a garden and relaxation area. My children would love a pool, but that is way too much stress for me! The garden is great b/c we are learning about plants and how they grow and what best to grow them in. It gives them a purpose.post #104 of 5105/14/13 at 9:44ampost #105 of 5105/14/13 at 9:54ampost #106 of 5105/14/13 at 9:57ampost #107 of 5105/14/13 at 9:57ampost #108 of 5105/14/13 at 10:20ampost #109 of 5105/14/13 at 10:21ampost #110 of 5105/14/13 at 10:34ampost #111 of 5105/14/13 at 10:35ampost #112 of 5105/14/13 at 10:38am
Patch and repair items, and donate those items we no longer need. Donating helps declutter our home but also seems to declutter our minds as well! :)
We love our gardens, both the veggie gardens and our flower gardens that are butterfly and hummingbird friendly. I'm love to share my time and help others, but I really need to get better at asking for help from others. I also need to dedicate more time to mindful meditating, I know what a difference it makes in my life, but I need to make it priority.
Thanks for this wonderful giveaway!post #113 of 5105/14/13 at 10:40ampost #114 of 5105/14/13 at 11:18ampost #115 of 5105/14/13 at 11:26ampost #116 of 5105/14/13 at 11:32ampost #117 of 5105/14/13 at 11:35amQuote:I just shared tip and am really excited to learn more about their curriculumOriginally Posted by Melanie Mayo
have teamed up again to bring you an incredible giveaway and the brand new (and free!) issue of Oak Meadow's online magazine: Living Education, dedicated to Sustainable Living and Learning. See the bottom of this post for your free issue!
Win a complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420).
Winner of our community selected Best of Mothering award for Homeschooling, Oak Meadow’s uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.
1. If you haven’t already, please make sure you “like” Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of Mothering on our Facebook page.
2. Visit these
Practical Tips for Simple Living
and post which “tips” inspire or motivate you on this thread. You can also post your own ideas! You can share as many ideas as you like but please do so in one single post.
For a second entry:
hare this giveaway with friends and create a new post on this thread letting us know that you did!
Last day to enter is May 27th! We will draw a winner at random on that day and announce the lucky person's name on or about May 28th. Two entries per person only, one for posting your tips and one for sharing this giveaway with friends and posting a second time.
Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions before you participate. Good luck!
Do you practice sustainability as a family?
Are you teaching your child that it’s important to look out, not just for ourselves, but for the wellbeing of others, the Earth, and future generations?
Our friends at
have dedicated their latest issue of Living Education to
Sustainable Living and Learning
. When it comes to teaching our children to step lightly and lovingly on this earth, this comprehensive collection of articles, stories, activities, and resources will motivate, inform, and inspire.
Happy reading!post #118 of 5105/14/13 at 11:36ampost #119 of 5105/14/13 at 12:22pmpost #120 of 5105/14/13 at 12:23pm
I think what spoke to me most from this article is the section on Simple, Sustainable Learning. We have just made the decision to homeschool our 3 children beginning in the fall. Many of the suggestions are the exact reasons we desire a different learning environment for our family. I am looking forward to exploring and wandering together. I can't wait to drop time limits and let learning happen at its own pace. I also like some of the suggestions in the Relationship section--greet your neighbors by name and share resources. As we begin this new homeschooling adventure, we are going to need all the support we can get from neighbors and others. What better way to learn than from our very own neighborhood!
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Looking for advice and suggestions - disposables on vacation - 2 minutes ago
- › Handmade Holidays 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 6 minutes ago
- › Birthday invite with “Please no plastic toys” 13 minutes ago
- › Chronic Illness Support Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 16 minutes ago
- › 3 Year Old - Raging/upset. How to help with emotional expression? 17 minutes ago
- › Sleeping Arrangements 21 minutes ago
- › My 4 year old can not draw anything 22 minutes ago
- › Galactocele or blocked duct for 2 months!? 24 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo