Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- You Have Options! Oak Meadow November 2013 Giveaway! Last post on 12/4/13 at 3:28pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- multiplication tables? How to teach... Last post on 11/21/13 at 7:50pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Something like facebook/pinterest for younger kids? Any ideas? Last post on 10/19/13 at 6:31am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Any spelling games you can recommend? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:30am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Free, online math site for primary grades Last post on 10/25/13 at 8:35am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Winner Selected! Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! - Page 3post #42 of 5105/13/13 at 9:34pmpost #43 of 5105/13/13 at 9:53pmpost #44 of 5105/13/13 at 10:30pmpost #45 of 5105/13/13 at 10:30pmpost #46 of 5105/13/13 at 10:34pmpost #47 of 5105/13/13 at 10:37pmpost #48 of 5105/13/13 at 11:53pmpost #49 of 5105/14/13 at 3:38ampost #50 of 5105/14/13 at 4:05ampost #51 of 5105/14/13 at 5:11ampost #52 of 5105/14/13 at 5:24amWe do a lot of swapping in our community- clothes, babysitting, homeschooling and are talking about a meal co-op. I might try a little sanctuary. Sounds good.Quote:Originally Posted by Melanie Mayo
have teamed up again to bring you an incredible giveaway and the brand new (and free!) issue of Oak Meadow's online magazine: Living Education, dedicated to Sustainable Living and Learning. See the bottom of this post for your free issue!
Win a complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420).
Winner of our community selected Best of Mothering award for Homeschooling, Oak Meadow’s uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.
1. If you haven’t already, please make sure you “like” Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of Mothering on our Facebook page.
2. Visit these
Practical Tips for Simple Living
and post which “tips” inspire or motivate you. You can also post your own ideas! You can share as many ideas as you like but please do so in one single post.
For a second entry:
hare this giveaway with friends and create a new post on this thread letting us know that you did!
Last day to enter is May 27th! We will draw a winner at random on that day and announce the lucky person's name on or about May 28th. Two entries per person only, one for posting your tips and one for sharing this giveaway with friends and posting a second time.
Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions before you participate. Good luck!
Do you practice sustainability as a family?
Are you teaching your child that it’s important to look out, not just for ourselves, but for the wellbeing of others, the Earth, and future generations?
Our friends at
have dedicated their latest issue of Living Education to
Sustainable Living and Learning
. When it comes to teaching our children to step lightly and lovingly on this earth, this comprehensive collection of articles, stories, activities, and resources will motivate, inform, and inspire.
Happy reading!post #53 of 5105/14/13 at 6:05ampost #54 of 5105/14/13 at 6:06ampost #55 of 5105/14/13 at 6:16am
I tried setting up a new account but after entering the security codes over and over with no luck I ended up just joining with my fb.
I've shared this page with my fb friends, please enter me for the curriculum give-away!!
Recently we've relocated from the city out to the county and are learning and moving toward sustainable living, growing our own food and wishing we could afford the means to collect our own solar energy :)post #56 of 5105/14/13 at 6:37am
Such a great list! I saved it in my favorites as a reference! I try to raise my family to have as big of an impact as possible with the smallest footprint! We're not perfect, but we're getting closer to where I'd like to be! We always try to remember to take our cloth shopping bags to the grocery store, where we try to buy organic, local (when possible) in season foods. We do have a small garden every year, but I hope to make it really take off as my thumb gets greener (something I was unfortunately NOT born with....*sigh*). We also have hopes to get chickens next year to have fresh eggs and good, healthy meat! We reuse and recycle, but I also try to "pre-cycle" and "re-purpose" as much as possible!
I was really excited for the tips on sustainable relationships! I think it's so important to start instilling the real value of deep connections to family as young as you can! The ideas on how to spark connections is really inspiring and helpful! I think we, as a society, are so cut off from needing to actually ever need to see anyone face-to-face; it's sad!post #57 of 5105/14/13 at 6:44amLove the lists. We do several of these things, including growing our own veggies, saving, sharing and swapping seeds, cloth diapering, cloth grocery bags, cloth napkins, reusing, recycling, and trying to buy used whenever possible. I do say that we don't wander as much as we used to and we need to get more of this in.post #58 of 5105/14/13 at 6:44ampost #59 of 5105/14/13 at 6:57am
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Beans + tomatoes (acid) - yes or no? 35 seconds ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 3 minutes ago
- › any safer option for us? 4 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 7 minutes ago
- › Am I overreacting? 8 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 9 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 11 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 15 minutes ago
- › You know you are nine months pregnant when... 16 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo