Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Minecraft homeschool Last post on Today at 4:30 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- 2014 Homeschool Conventions Last post on 2/25/14 at 9:19pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What is on your "short list" right now? Last post on 2/11/14 at 11:32pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Favourite Curriculum Last post on 2/13/14 at 8:38pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What curriculum would you use if... Last post on 2/10/14 at 8:27am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Winner Selected! Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! - Page 3post #42 of 5105/13/13 at 9:34pmpost #43 of 5105/13/13 at 9:53pmpost #44 of 5105/13/13 at 10:30pmpost #45 of 5105/13/13 at 10:30pmpost #46 of 5105/13/13 at 10:34pmpost #47 of 5105/13/13 at 10:37pmpost #48 of 5105/13/13 at 11:53pmpost #49 of 5105/14/13 at 3:38ampost #50 of 5105/14/13 at 4:05ampost #51 of 5105/14/13 at 5:11ampost #52 of 5105/14/13 at 5:24amWe do a lot of swapping in our community- clothes, babysitting, homeschooling and are talking about a meal co-op. I might try a little sanctuary. Sounds good.Quote:Originally Posted by Melanie Mayo
have teamed up again to bring you an incredible giveaway and the brand new (and free!) issue of Oak Meadow's online magazine: Living Education, dedicated to Sustainable Living and Learning. See the bottom of this post for your free issue!
Win a complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420).
Winner of our community selected Best of Mothering award for Homeschooling, Oak Meadow’s uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.
1. If you haven’t already, please make sure you “like” Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of Mothering on our Facebook page.
2. Visit these
Practical Tips for Simple Living
and post which “tips” inspire or motivate you. You can also post your own ideas! You can share as many ideas as you like but please do so in one single post.
For a second entry:
hare this giveaway with friends and create a new post on this thread letting us know that you did!
Last day to enter is May 27th! We will draw a winner at random on that day and announce the lucky person's name on or about May 28th. Two entries per person only, one for posting your tips and one for sharing this giveaway with friends and posting a second time.
Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions before you participate. Good luck!
Do you practice sustainability as a family?
Are you teaching your child that it’s important to look out, not just for ourselves, but for the wellbeing of others, the Earth, and future generations?
Our friends at
have dedicated their latest issue of Living Education to
Sustainable Living and Learning
. When it comes to teaching our children to step lightly and lovingly on this earth, this comprehensive collection of articles, stories, activities, and resources will motivate, inform, and inspire.
Happy reading!post #53 of 5105/14/13 at 6:05ampost #54 of 5105/14/13 at 6:06ampost #55 of 5105/14/13 at 6:16am
I tried setting up a new account but after entering the security codes over and over with no luck I ended up just joining with my fb.
I've shared this page with my fb friends, please enter me for the curriculum give-away!!
Recently we've relocated from the city out to the county and are learning and moving toward sustainable living, growing our own food and wishing we could afford the means to collect our own solar energy :)post #56 of 5105/14/13 at 6:37am
Such a great list! I saved it in my favorites as a reference! I try to raise my family to have as big of an impact as possible with the smallest footprint! We're not perfect, but we're getting closer to where I'd like to be! We always try to remember to take our cloth shopping bags to the grocery store, where we try to buy organic, local (when possible) in season foods. We do have a small garden every year, but I hope to make it really take off as my thumb gets greener (something I was unfortunately NOT born with....*sigh*). We also have hopes to get chickens next year to have fresh eggs and good, healthy meat! We reuse and recycle, but I also try to "pre-cycle" and "re-purpose" as much as possible!
I was really excited for the tips on sustainable relationships! I think it's so important to start instilling the real value of deep connections to family as young as you can! The ideas on how to spark connections is really inspiring and helpful! I think we, as a society, are so cut off from needing to actually ever need to see anyone face-to-face; it's sad!post #57 of 5105/14/13 at 6:44amLove the lists. We do several of these things, including growing our own veggies, saving, sharing and swapping seeds, cloth diapering, cloth grocery bags, cloth napkins, reusing, recycling, and trying to buy used whenever possible. I do say that we don't wander as much as we used to and we need to get more of this in.post #58 of 5105/14/13 at 6:44ampost #59 of 5105/14/13 at 6:57am
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 2 minutes ago
- › Interesting article on Sushi... 4 minutes ago
- › Baby NAMES!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Confessions 12 minutes ago
- › Question about pumping 13 minutes ago
- › Gestational diabetes test 17 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 17 minutes ago
- › New Baby / New Mama First-Aid / Survival kit 19 minutes ago
- › does it help to have baby away from mom for a day or two 22 minutes ago
- › Potty Training my Toddler with 8 month old twins 23 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher