Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- An important video: "This Mother Tore Off Labels And Nurtured Her Son’s Hidden... Last post on 3/24/14 at 9:18pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing first grade) Last post on 3/17/14 at 5:09pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Minecraft homeschool Last post on Yesterday at 4:08 am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- 2014 Homeschool Conventions Last post on 3/25/14 at 9:33am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What is on your "short list" right now? Last post on 2/11/14 at 11:32pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Winner Selected! Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum from Oak Meadow!! - Page 3post #42 of 5105/13/13 at 9:34pmpost #43 of 5105/13/13 at 9:53pmpost #44 of 5105/13/13 at 10:30pmpost #45 of 5105/13/13 at 10:30pmpost #46 of 5105/13/13 at 10:34pmpost #47 of 5105/13/13 at 10:37pmpost #48 of 5105/13/13 at 11:53pmpost #49 of 5105/14/13 at 3:38ampost #50 of 5105/14/13 at 4:05ampost #51 of 5105/14/13 at 5:11ampost #52 of 5105/14/13 at 5:24amWe do a lot of swapping in our community- clothes, babysitting, homeschooling and are talking about a meal co-op. I might try a little sanctuary. Sounds good.Quote:Originally Posted by Melanie Mayo
have teamed up again to bring you an incredible giveaway and the brand new (and free!) issue of Oak Meadow's online magazine: Living Education, dedicated to Sustainable Living and Learning. See the bottom of this post for your free issue!
Win a complete homeschool curriculum package for one PreK-8 grade of your choice (value: $120-$420).
Winner of our community selected Best of Mothering award for Homeschooling, Oak Meadow’s uniquely creative curriculum includes assignments that ask children to read, write, and think, and also to paint, draw, play music, write poetry, and build things, encouraging balanced and healthy development.
1. If you haven’t already, please make sure you “like” Oak Meadow on Facebook and are a fan of Mothering on our Facebook page.
2. Visit these
Practical Tips for Simple Living
and post which “tips” inspire or motivate you. You can also post your own ideas! You can share as many ideas as you like but please do so in one single post.
For a second entry:
hare this giveaway with friends and create a new post on this thread letting us know that you did!
Last day to enter is May 27th! We will draw a winner at random on that day and announce the lucky person's name on or about May 28th. Two entries per person only, one for posting your tips and one for sharing this giveaway with friends and posting a second time.
Be sure to read the Terms and Conditions before you participate. Good luck!
Do you practice sustainability as a family?
Are you teaching your child that it’s important to look out, not just for ourselves, but for the wellbeing of others, the Earth, and future generations?
Our friends at
have dedicated their latest issue of Living Education to
Sustainable Living and Learning
. When it comes to teaching our children to step lightly and lovingly on this earth, this comprehensive collection of articles, stories, activities, and resources will motivate, inform, and inspire.
Happy reading!post #53 of 5105/14/13 at 6:05ampost #54 of 5105/14/13 at 6:06ampost #55 of 5105/14/13 at 6:16am
I tried setting up a new account but after entering the security codes over and over with no luck I ended up just joining with my fb.
I've shared this page with my fb friends, please enter me for the curriculum give-away!!
Recently we've relocated from the city out to the county and are learning and moving toward sustainable living, growing our own food and wishing we could afford the means to collect our own solar energy :)post #56 of 5105/14/13 at 6:37am
Such a great list! I saved it in my favorites as a reference! I try to raise my family to have as big of an impact as possible with the smallest footprint! We're not perfect, but we're getting closer to where I'd like to be! We always try to remember to take our cloth shopping bags to the grocery store, where we try to buy organic, local (when possible) in season foods. We do have a small garden every year, but I hope to make it really take off as my thumb gets greener (something I was unfortunately NOT born with....*sigh*). We also have hopes to get chickens next year to have fresh eggs and good, healthy meat! We reuse and recycle, but I also try to "pre-cycle" and "re-purpose" as much as possible!
I was really excited for the tips on sustainable relationships! I think it's so important to start instilling the real value of deep connections to family as young as you can! The ideas on how to spark connections is really inspiring and helpful! I think we, as a society, are so cut off from needing to actually ever need to see anyone face-to-face; it's sad!post #57 of 5105/14/13 at 6:44amLove the lists. We do several of these things, including growing our own veggies, saving, sharing and swapping seeds, cloth diapering, cloth grocery bags, cloth napkins, reusing, recycling, and trying to buy used whenever possible. I do say that we don't wander as much as we used to and we need to get more of this in.post #58 of 5105/14/13 at 6:44ampost #59 of 5105/14/13 at 6:57am
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 14 seconds ago
- › Just what a new baby needs! 3 minutes ago
- › In the hospital 6 minutes ago
- › Help me mainstream-up this birthday party idea! 9 minutes ago
- › would you use a male midwife? 9 minutes ago
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 11 minutes ago
- › Finding the right amount of structure 13 minutes ago
- › Hey SAHMs, how do you meet other "mom" friends???? 14 minutes ago
- › Anyone with an ex complaining about child support? 14 minutes ago
- › Let's All Say It Together: The Unvaccinated Are NOT To Blame for... 17 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool