I am new to the website so I am trying to figure out my way around. So please excuse me is I am not doing this properly but I really would like some insight from an outsider.
I am currently babysitting for a friend out ours. She has two boys-1 a toddler and 1 in school.
Everyday she drops of her youngest here and every afternoon I drive across town to pick up her older son.
Here is my dilemma(s).
1. Her kids are ALWAYS sick. Her youngest is brought over first so I usually can tell within the first 5 minutes that he is ill. Every time I get into her bag she bring for him-there is NEVER any medicine. Right now he has a nasty cough and is has some Flem to it and there is no cough syrup so I am having to use what I have....meaning since he is sick I have to give my kids meds so they don't get sick. So I probably go through a bottle of cough meds or other meds in less then 3 days. And when I ask her to bring more-she doesn't.
Then her older son-when I pick him up I can usually tell there is something wrong right away because he is super quiet. Twice I have brought him home with a stomach ache and he was throwing up and when I called the parents they wouldn't come get him because they were too busy at work.
2. If their oldest son is sick or had a doctor appt.-they don't call and tell me that he is home. SO I drive all the way to his school to pick him up and sit there while the teachers search for this kid only to find out 30 m minutes later that he wasn't at school today. And when I call to confront them-its like they don't care that I took time out of my day and gas (because its so cheap) to drive to get their kid.
3. Their kids are really picky eaters. If it isn't artificially flavored, or contain sugar-they wont eat it. My kids LOVE fruits and veggies. They eat them non-stop. If there is a sweet in the house its defiantly a treat. So its like I have to accommodate their tastes to actually get them to eat. Which also leads me to the fact that-they agreed to bring snacks...so that way I am not buying all this crap to keep in my house-but they haven't brought anything in months (like 6 months). So I have to figure out how to pay for this junk food that I refuse to keep in my house just to make sure they eat something while they are here.
4. When it comes to payday-they are late (2 weeks to be exact) every time. I try to be patient but it gets to the point where I cant wait anymore and have to pretty much threaten them to pay or I wont watch their kids. Then at times they pay me half-because they are short on cash....??? Believe me-they drive two really nice cars, wear Nike, Under Armor, Coach, etc. So paying me shouldn't be an issue.
5. The youngest boy ALWAYS had diarrhea. Its really gross and I am constantly washing his cloths because there is never extras in the bag they pack. I am worried about this kids health.
6. Since the kid is a toddler, he is still in diapers. The parents ALWAYS forget diapers and wipes. Fortunately. for them, my youngest is in the process of potty training, so I have extras. But whats going to happen when I run out? She s literally on the cusp of being completely trained. I cant afford to go out and buy diapers.
7. They are late for pick up. I told them they have to be here at a certain time or I am charging them $10 extra. But they don't care. They come when they want.
8. When I talk to the oldest son, he says on the weekends that he never is home. He is always at his aunts or his g-ma's house spending the night because his mom and dad are so busy. Plus they eat out constantly. Always eating fast food because they never are home. :(
I am sick and tired. I am a nice person and a lot of people usually take advantage of me being "a good person". But now I feel like I don't even want to be friends with them anymore because they are so irresponsible. And even though I am pressing about these issues-I can tell they just don't care. But I need the extra income. I cant afford to send my kids to daycare because its too expensive. And my husband (bless his heart) works O.T. to pull in a little extra. I am thinking about quiting them but then what?