Thinking of you Spotty, Cuau, Coco, OrEmBarr. And so grateful for you other mamas with experience, wisdom, and patience to share with me/us.
xoxo to all.
Edited by Sweet Huck - 6/20/13 at 1:26am
Go, Spotty, go! I hope everything is going well!
I hope you are feeling well, Sweet Huck.
Kitteh--I'm glad you got a sign and some encouragement.
AFM--No signs yet. I went to the OB yesterday. I am 1cm dilated, my cervix is soft and the baby's head is pressing down on the cervix like it should be. That is all good. Today is my due date. We will see how things go the next week and go back to the Dr next week if still pregnant. I'm hoping that full moon will work its magic. Also, the OB guesses that the baby will be around 8 pounds. I'm not surprised, but I hope he's not too much bigger than that.
Oy, Mamas. This is a roller coaster indeed. I keep thinking of the Serenity Prayer "... grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change...." Here is my update:
Contractions calmed a bit mid-morning yesterday and I went off to my weekly midwife appointment. With all this false pre-labor (especially these recent contractions, bloody show, etc) I really thought there would be something to show for it ... a baby or at least more progress..... but I'm still only at 2 cm, which is where I've been for the past 4 weeks. I am disappointed, but I do know that being at 2 cm is still a very positive thing.
Any way.... while my cervix might not have changed, my blood pressure certainly has. It was absolutely through the roof yesterday. I am spilling protein in my urine, too, indicating preeclampsia. I had a bunch of tests run, including a fetal non-stress test. Waiting on the results of the other tests, but the NST results were normal --- good heart beats and movement, which is very reassuring! Baby is still A-OK! The monitor also indicated that I was/am still contracting regularly in spite of lack of progress. It's strange, but this is also reassuring in a sense-- the machine is confirming that it's not all in my head.
But my BP is really not good. I now have a monitor at home and have to check it several times a day. I have a followup on Monday, but everyone is just hoping the moon pulls at my baby this weekend and we don't need to talk further about induction. My midwives don't induce at the birth center, so I would be in a different hospital setting under a back-up OB, etc. It's not the end of the world--- this is the hospital and doctor's where Spotty delivered yesterday and I have full confidence in them! But it's not what I imagined or prepared for, especially considering how healthy this pregnancy has been so far.
It's funny how I've been so frustrated with all this pre-labor and desperate for the baby to come.... but now I would happily keep carrying and dealing with pre-labor if my body would tolerate it!!! But this is all just a reminder that we are just along for the ride. Once again, I think of the Serenity Prayer. There is so much that is out of our control.
So.... I'm still gestating. Still contracting. I'm not frantic or panicked-- a bit sad and concerned, but things are really ok. I am also very fortunate in that my Mom is here from out of town. She's a high risk maternal/child specialist. While she can't practice in this state, she's the best doula I could have (and an awesome cook, to boot).
Sending love and blessings to all. Keep them babies a-comin' ! Your posts and updates bring me great joy.
Oh Sweet Huck. I'm sorry to hear your troubles, how stressful. But it's so good to know everything is ok with the babe.
That was such a huge reassurance for me when I went in for my kidney stone. I felt like my body was really letting me down being in pain for so long I just felt weak and defeated. But my body carried through that drama and was still strong enough to keep babe safe for another week until I went into labor...
You are in good hands. You've got back-up medical help just in case it's needed. You've got a great mindset for dealing with all this and you're getting butt-loads of practice laboring!
By the time babe comes it'll be a walk in the park. .....well.... or maybe not quite but you get my meaning. I'm sure it'll all come together when the time is right.
Sounds like your babe is just too comfy in there, have you thought of filing an eviction notice??