There is a severe case of black mold on the kitchen floor (DBF's dad has a dog that drinks sloppily and it leaked through the flooring) It is really big and covers the whole floor. DBF's dad knew about it but didn't think it was a big deal. The shower is also covered in black mold that has been untreated since DBF was an angsty teenager and punched a hole in the tile wall. So...that was about 5-6 years ago. DBF's dad just now started cleaning and scrubbing the mold in the bathroom. We teared down the flooring in the kitchen but there's still mold underneath. DBF's dad wants to put underlayment on top of that and cover the mold for the new flooring. If we are going to do that, we will never get rid of the mold in the house but his dad could care less.
DBF and I talked about it and think that is what is causing most of DS's issues. I'm usually one who never gets sick or anything and even I have skin issues, breathing problems, and dizziness ever since I moved here in 2009. DBF just now has memory problems and is having a lot of skin problems also.
What can we do? Does bleach really do anything? It's just so much in this house and it has gone on for so long...I'm at lost at what to do. It's not my house so DBF and I don't have a say in anything but just staring at a big black blotch in the kitchen makes me want to do something about it.