- topicCircumcisiontagged by Nightwish, 6/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Embarassed when son's circumcision is seen Last post on 12/16/13 at 8:44pm in Understanding Circumcision
- Germany to ban elective surgery on children Last post on 12/5/13 at 11:02am in Understanding Circumcision
- intact four year old, redness at base of penis head, foreskin Last post on 11/27/13 at 8:42pm in Intact Care
- Foreskin friendly pediatrician in or near new orleans? Last post on 11/25/13 at 8:04pm in Understanding Circumcision
- I need advice. She's going to circumcise her 9 month old Last post on 12/13/13 at 6:04pm in Understanding Circumcision
Protect Your Uncircumcised Son: Expert Medical Advice for Parents
Last edited: 11/2/12
- Cutting KidsLast edited: 9/21/12
- Case Against CircumcisionLast edited: 9/7/12
- Marilyn Milos Discusses CircumcisionLast edited: 8/24/12
- Freedom from FGMLast edited: 5/25/11
So no more "the case against...."post #1 of 596/3/13 at 4:41pmThread Starterpost #2 of 596/3/13 at 5:00pmpost #3 of 596/3/13 at 7:22pmpost #4 of 596/4/13 at 9:00ampost #5 of 596/4/13 at 11:25ampost #6 of 596/4/13 at 11:54am
Okay, I did it. It has to be approved by a mod before it shows up, so I'll post the link to the questions forum & hopefully we can all see it soon.
Suspost #7 of 596/5/13 at 11:45ampost #9 of 596/5/13 at 3:10pmpost #10 of 596/5/13 at 4:35pmpost #11 of 596/6/13 at 7:24ampost #12 of 596/9/13 at 3:54amThread Starterpost #13 of 596/9/13 at 5:50ampost #14 of 596/9/13 at 6:34am
I agree w/ the two PP'ers & philomom. I know of at least one instance (vax'ing) where those posting there had been asked about a name change. Can this please be reopened for discussion? Or at a minimum, can it be changed to something simple like "anti-circumcision?" There's a big difference between the meaning one would get from "the case against circumcision," & "circumcision." If one needs any proof, I imagine a google search would show the difference. Being one who gets nightmares from viewing/hearing circ related info, I won't be trying it myself.
All of this is being posted in the most respectful tone one can muster on a tired Sunday morning.
Suspost #15 of 596/9/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
Maybe mothers who are considering circumcision will be more likely to post here and that way they will get the facts.post #16 of 596/9/13 at 1:24pmQuote:
This is one of the reasons for simplifying the title.
As I said, we have no intention of changing the posting guidelines or the purpose of the forum and we'll continue to moderate as we always have. If we do see that the name change is setting the stage for problem discussions then we can revisit the decision.post #18 of 596/11/13 at 5:01pmpost #19 of 596/12/13 at 6:54amQuote:
I think following that logic, the opposite could also be said. Well, it's just circumcision, MDC must support it, so I'll just do it. Just skimming through is all that's necessary. If someone is scrolling through the list of forum sections & sees "circumcision," vs. "the case against circumcision," the later gets a point across w/o the person having to come into the forum at all. How many parents say, "I didn't knwo I had a choice!" Well, the forum named, "Circumcision," isn't going to make that point.Quote:Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher
This is one of the reasons for simplifying the title.
As I said, we have no intention of changing the posting guidelines or the purpose of the forum and we'll continue to moderate as we always have. If we do see that the name change is setting the stage for problem discussions then we can revisit the decision.
Well, I'm glad the rules aren't changing, but I think trying to make the title simple tries to make an issue that, for most, isn't simple into one that is.Quote:
There are many old threads here of first timer's or first timer's to TCAC who come looking for information. I think it's a incorrect assumption to say that most people who come here will already be anti-circ. Everyone has to start somewhere & for some, circ comes later. Even my lay-midwife-turned-nurse-midwife circ'd her four boys. She's now against it but the cultural push to do it is intense for some.
It used to be that if you googled circumcision, this was the first or among the first links to pop up. I doubt that's the case any longer. If we are okay to fall by the wayside of promoting genital integrity, then it doesn't matter. But if MDC wants to be a stand-up in the fight for genital integrity, then listing this area of MDC as simply a noun, doesn't fit w/ that goal.
- Cutting Kids
- › how to handle child favoring one parent over the other? 42 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 51 minutes ago
- › Not Good Enough for MIL 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Almost 6 yo DD will.not.pick.up.toys 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Vancouver, BC non-vaxxers 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Exercise During Pregnancy 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › baby and public places/strangers/personal space 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › are there people on here who did zero vaccinations for their kids... 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Period late, sore boobs, pg test negative. What's going on? 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh