Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by MindlessChrissy, 6/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on Yesterday at 12:04 pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on 3/10/14 at 11:07am in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on 3/10/14 at 5:49pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 - Page 30post #581 of 69511/26/13 at 8:13pmThread Starterpost #582 of 69511/26/13 at 8:59pmpost #583 of 69511/26/13 at 11:07pmpost #584 of 69511/27/13 at 4:14ampost #585 of 69511/27/13 at 6:29pmpost #586 of 69511/30/13 at 12:16am
Loving all of these gorgeous baby pics! Congrats ladies!!
Sorry I have kind of been MIA lately...I have been following along on my phone but absolutely hate to post on it!
I am still in my little waiting period trying to prepare for IVF. We go in for our pre-IVF consult next week. Do any of you that have experience with IVF have any advice? I am currently gluten free, dairy free, etc. I have also lost almost 30 lbs!! I am so motivated to do everything I can to make this work.
Love to you all!post #587 of 69511/30/13 at 1:50ampost #588 of 69511/30/13 at 11:06am
She is beautiful Sila. What a happy birth story. Congrats.
Adie- Try to stay centered, meditate… yoga… sleep. Whatever you do to 'relax'. Not that I think relaxing affects the outcome, moreso that IVF takes away a lot of your control and makes your days very regimented. Anything you can do to keep yourself feeling like you during this time. The meds and affects are out of your control. Trust your doctors, advocate for yourself if you think you need something you aren't getting. Drink lots of gatorade and protein after retrieval. The days drag on… pick a movie/tv series, puzzles, books to stay distracted. Good Luck!
My thoughts and good wishes are still with you allpost #589 of 69511/30/13 at 12:30pmpost #590 of 69511/30/13 at 5:44pm
Thanks Toothfairy! I am going to try to relax! I have so many control issues as it is I feel like sometimes this infertility thing is my test in life because I absolutely can do nothing to control it! I hope you are doing ok! I think about you often and wonder where you are on this difficult path.
Chuord- Thanks for your always positive and supportive words! Yes the weight thing is a big issue with TTC. The sad part is I hadn't realized how much weight I have put on through this whole process. I am an emotional eater! I am feeling a lot better and know that every little bit of weight loss helps...that is a good motivator!
Everyone else- Hi and happy thanksgivingish...I am so thankful for all of you!post #591 of 69512/1/13 at 9:05ampost #592 of 69512/1/13 at 12:57pmThanks for explaining adie, I understand now that the diet changes are for weight loss I'm still totally impressed by your dedication... Like I said I've been going gluten free and dairy free (mainly) for my sinuses and to help with both getting pg and holding it... It's very interesting how people arrive at these conclusions... Re the weight, I'm really impressed, I've been trying to lose 5 pesky kgs and although I'm not increasing going down is not happening either - you are super focused!post #593 of 69512/10/13 at 11:09pm
Chuord- I also got a list of foods that are Inflammatory and anti-inflammatory for fertility. I can send it along if you would like! How are you??
Chrissy- are you there love?
Everyone else- I sure hope you are doing well and surviving the beginning of the holiday season!
AFM- I am currently in active preparation for my IVF cycle. It will start at some point next week. I am trying to stay strong but I'm incredibly scared. We will be doing mini-IVF. Has anyone done this type before? I am so confused with all of the meds, dates, times, praying I can keep it all straight! Adding to all of this I found out my sister who is only 18mo younger than me and who had been drinking almost everyday and smoking at least a pack a day is now pg. I was having a hard time at first but soon regrouped and realized that I cannot compare...it only makes me feel like sh!*!!
Love to you allpost #594 of 69512/11/13 at 12:22pmAdie - thanks for offering I'll let you know if this cycle is a bust, I might try and get the list off the re on Tuesday... If not I'll let you know... I think it's so pro active it's fantastic!
Re ivf, I'm sure there have been others but tootfairy is the one I've seen experience ivf... Tootfairy are you still with us? How are you?
I'm 13dpo and am feeling more pg than before... Waiting to see what happens...post #595 of 69512/11/13 at 3:51pmpost #596 of 69512/11/13 at 6:40pmpost #597 of 69512/12/13 at 12:35pmThread Starterpost #598 of 69512/12/13 at 1:05pmpost #599 of 69512/12/13 at 10:23pmpost #600 of 69512/16/13 at 4:18pmBackground story: I have extremely irregular periods. Always have. I will go 8+ moths without a period and AF will finally show up for a couple days then the same cycle happens. I will have a normal cycle with birth control of course. So I have been off birth control for 10months. We have been trying. Months go by and still AF or BFP. Nov. we went to a fertility doctor. He put me on Provera to start AF and Clomid to O. Nov. 18th- AF. Dec. 2nd- O. I took a HPT 7DPO and got a BFN.
So that leads up to today. I'm 14DPO. I tested this morning and still got a BFN. I called the doctor like I was suppose to after my 2WW and his nurse said that he wanted to do a blood test just to make sure since it is the most accurate and depending on the results either schedule a pregnancy app or start Provera and Clomid round 2. What are the chances that I could get my BFP on the blood test? I feel like we did everything right. The doctor said our only problem was that I wasn't ovulating. I understand it could be positive if my levels weren't high enough before. I've just been really upset all day because I really thought my BFP was today. Opinions please?
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Breastfeeding and weight gain 1 minute ago
- › Rabies Protocol? 7 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Show off your bump here! 11 minutes ago
- › Success stories after vasectomy reversal? 11 minutes ago
- › Due Date Community on Facebook? 12 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 13 minutes ago
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 14 minutes ago
- › hope this helps 16 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 19 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo