This is the thread for sharing what signs we are having that our bodies are preparing for the big day and if someone is in labor and is looking for support or wants to share.
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Informationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHusband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Last post on 4/12/13 at 6:57am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Visitors during and after childbirth --- thoughts? Last post on 8/3/11 at 2:12pm in November 2011
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:27pm in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
- Has The Natural Birth Movement Become Too Obsessed With Moms'...Last edited: 9/3/13
- "But, isn’t home birth unsafe and totally insane?"Last edited: 2/18/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread...post #1 of 4426/9/13 at 2:37pmThread Starterpost #2 of 4426/9/13 at 5:35pmpost #3 of 4426/9/13 at 7:12pmpost #4 of 4426/9/13 at 8:16pm
I've had a few spells that have freaked my husband out. I've had intense contractions a few times this weekend that caused me to stop, close my eyes, and just breathe. Each time Jaedon has been near me and got freaked out asking "what's wrong?" Sometimes I don't feel like answering and he's googling the signs of pre-term labor. Oh lord. I sat down and explained to him today that there is "nothing wrong" when I need to stop and wait for a contraction to end. It's my body getting ready and when I am in labor (for real, not false) then all he needs to do is be there with me. There is nothing that needs fixed. The look on his face was so cute. This first time papa is going to be crazy when LO decides to come.
No rush though. I'm 37 weeks June 29th :)post #5 of 4426/10/13 at 4:31amI'll be 37w on July 5th. I'm honestly expecting to go till the bitter end - or a little beyond that. I've had isolated crampy contractions on top of the BH which didn't really happen at all before my induction with DD so I'm hoping this babe will be on time. I don't really dare hope for a 38-39 weeker though, just a baby who's right on time. It seems so close, yet so far away...post #6 of 4426/10/13 at 5:37am
My EDD is July 19th so I've still got plenty of time BUT I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago for false labor and saw the OB on Wednesday who said he'd be shocked to see me again with-out a baby. Midwives said the same thing.
This week I've dropped even more which I didn't know was a possibility and I've had contractions and false labor for 4 nights straight. I did a lot of driving and walking yest and I have to go house hunting in the country today. Here's to hoping SOMETHING happens. I'm sick of OB/midwife/hospital trips trying to keep baby in. OB finally said if baby comes now he won't stop it. It best come out!!! ASAP
post #7 of 4426/10/13 at 8:22am
I had a day last week where I could have SWORN I was in labor, time-able regular contraction and the next day when I met with the Dr he said "um why didn't you come in?" you shouldn't be laboring like that. Well, the week before I was having them every 3-4 minutes on the NST machine (not painful though) and the Dr didn't (a different Dr) even acknowledge they were happening ... strange that they are ok with that after my rupture that happened on an un-scarred uterus and at the top not the bottom ... oh well. So while talking to him I had one that I had to motion everyone around to STOP talking to me because I could no longer understand the words they were saying (because the ctx hurt so bad) and the Dr felt my basketball shaped belly and said "wow that's a good one" are they all like that ... um YES and happening about every 30-40 minutes today. He said well, if they get closer you need to come in so we can check you out. Thanks LOL. So, today I'm not in labor, although I've already had a few painful stop me in my tracks, can't focus, ctx but that seems par for the course for me. I've labored naturally and these ctx are NOT like they've been in the beginning for me before (but I was induced each time) these suckers HURT like a mother LMAO. So here's to NOT being in labor but knowing that in 2 days, but this exact time I will (or DH at least) be holding our last baby in our arms OMG!!!
I texted him this morning (working a 48 but coming home 12 hours early tomorrow night so we can get packed for the hospital stay) to tell him I'm feeling a bit weepy and scared since I've never had a PLANNED c-section before and I couldn't wait to feel this little guys fuzzy head on my lips. **We could see all the hair covering his head at my last ultrasound :)** and it's long and sweet and the last one had more hair than DH and it was jet black like mine when I was born yet fell out (like mine) and grew back in white as snow. We've had blonde, bald, brown, and black haired babies at birth and each is so sweet because it's like a surprise LOL.
Good luck to all of you having labor signs/symptoms
post #8 of 4426/11/13 at 9:47am
this was posted on my other pregnancy board, I thought it was hysterical
How to know when labour is imminent:
Have a numbness in your toe?
Nose is stuffy and just won't blow?
You're in labor.
Feeling hot? Or maybe cold?
Your privates start to smell like mold?
You're in labor.
You feel full but can't stop eating?
Next jerk to touch you gets a beating?
You're in labor.
Feel confused? Or need to vent?
Your knee was straight, but now it's bent?!?
You're in labor.
Have an itch, and can't relax?
I think it's time to face the facts-
You're in labor.
Tummy tickles? Bottom sore?
Have to pee a little more?
You're in labor.
Felt a twinge? Or felt a pop?
Think you felt your belly drop?
You're in labor.
Any teeny little pain?
Clouds come in; it looks like rain?
You're in labor.
Just can't seem to stop your cleaning?
Life suddenly has lost all meaning?
You're in labor.
Nobody thinks it's time to go,
But you're the mom, so you just know...
You're in labor!post #9 of 4426/11/13 at 10:25ampost #10 of 4426/11/13 at 10:32amBtw just had my latest checkup and things are good! Last US showed baby in 75th percentile, amniotic fluid levels great, good blood flow through umbilical cord, etc. my cervix was long and closed so no indication of preterm labour either, despite the bazillion contractions. My BP was 120/70, urine dip negative, etc. Things are basically optimal and the MW's are happy. Yay!
My preggo app told me this morning "45 days to go!" and I'm freaking out a little lol. Somehow 6.5 weeks seems so long but 45 days seems way too soon... Crazy preggo perception lolpost #11 of 4426/11/13 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by skycheattraffic
Btw just had my latest checkup and things are good! Last US showed baby in 75th percentile, amniotic fluid levels great, good blood flow through umbilical cord, etc. my cervix was long and closed so no indication of preterm labour either, despite the bazillion contractions. My BP was 120/70, urine dip negative, etc. Things are basically optimal and the MW's are happy. Yay!
My preggo app told me this morning "45 days to go!" and I'm freaking out a little lol. Somehow 6.5 weeks seems so long but 45 days seems way too soon... Crazy preggo perception lol
I totally feel the same about days vs weeks. I'm at 47 days, and Chris is adamant I'm going to go early for some reason?? I wouldn't mind going a day early, there are fireworks scheduled for the 27th of July, which I think would make for a super cool story.post #12 of 4426/11/13 at 10:45amThread Starter
27 days to EDD here. It does make it sound like so much less at this point. It's really not much at all actually. :) I'm excited! No signs of anything happening here though. Just same ol' same ol', but I didn't have much for warm up last time either. Just one day of prodomal labor. Just hoping I don't go to 41 weeks again. LOLpost #13 of 4426/11/13 at 12:40pm
I am 21 days to edd, and some days I am having a ton of uncomfortable, cervical, but not REALLY interesting contractions, and other days there is nothing. It is starting to make me a bit twitchy! With my previous three, I had nothing until actual labor started. This one is really playing with my head!post #14 of 4426/11/13 at 2:05pm
love it rainbownurse!! i am pretty sure i had some leaking amniotic fluid yesterday. i went to stand up and there was a small gush. it could have been pee :) but it smelled like birth. :)
nothing since then :( we're just 36.5 weeks so it's still a little early, but i'm wishing to go soon--i wish that counted :) if raw emotions, not wanting my dh to go to work, being vulnerable and processing previous births count--then i'm right there!
but otherwise--nothing :)post #15 of 4426/11/13 at 3:29pmI've. Never had any sort of pre labour before. With this one I get timetable contractions every evening! They're what I imagine early labour feels like (my labours always have gone from nothing to super intense in no time so I've never actually felt early labour). But they aren't doing anything. Which is fine (though annoying) since I'm not even 36 weeks yet!post #16 of 4426/12/13 at 8:43am
So...this just totally makes me nervous. Under 30 days to my EDD (July 8), and while I"m all closed up (now), I know that can change at any point. Also, our childbirth instructor made a big deal about the possibility of really long labors (like 36 hours +) to make sure that people were resting adequately/prepared and all of that, just in case it does go long. My husband has apparently taken this combination of inputs to hear that it's ok for him to travel next week (37 weeks) and the week following (38 weeks) - it's work-related travel, he's in a new job, and feels like he has to, but arrgrh. I'm sure it will be fine and he'll be able to get on a flight if needed, but the idea of doing this all without him REALLY freaks me out.post #17 of 4426/12/13 at 9:19am
I have random contractions all day, and bouts of contractions every few days - starts out with indistinguishable uncomfortableness, no real start / stop, which then turns into a pattern of contractions, as soon as I hit an hour or so of this, they start spacing and eventually stop. I was 4cm as of two weeks ago. I expect at some point, I'll have one of those little episodes of contractions and it will push me over into active labor...
I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow, which is when I'll be okay with them coming whenever they want. Although, I do still feel like I could go to 38 weeks, if we don't do something to make it happen before then...which, all things considered - parents distance, hx of precipitous labor, my cntx pattern now, etc - I am open to, but not pushing for. I'll let the dads or the doctor bring it up.post #18 of 4426/12/13 at 10:43amThread Starter
Same EDD Ruheling. I'll add you over on the EDD list. Hopefully, you don't have to go into labor without your DH there. I would not be happy about my DH traveling those weeks either. I have had a really long labor for my first. It was hard, but you can do it if it happens. It's better to prepare for it to be long then to expect it to be short and be horribly disappointed I think. My first was 73 hours. It may have been shorter had I known more about laboring positions, walked more, etc. I think that was definitely above average though. But, just saying.
After that my labors were much shorter thankfully- 11 hrs and 6 hrs.post #19 of 4426/15/13 at 9:55amThread Starter
The past couple of days my number 2's seem to be coming on more frequently and are a looser consistency. I'm 36+5, but I just found that interesting/different. I read it could mean body preparation, but not that things are imminent. I would love to go sooner rather than later. I'm clear for a home birth since my due date is a bit uncertain, so she'd be fine with going with the earlier due date if things happened from now. I'm kind of hoping for next week even if it is rather unlikely, but the sooner the better as long as baby is healthy.
Edited by dayiscoming2006 - 6/15/13 at 10:05ampost #20 of 4426/15/13 at 10:46amDayiscoming, I am 37 today andmy dd and mom left this morning to spend 10 days in Florida. My mom said "You CANT go into labor before we get back" but a big part of me wants to, not just because of the discomfort, but because I am afraid she will stall my labor if she is here since she tends to make everything about her. No signs of labor yet. I checked my cervix the other day and it was still pretty posterior.
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?
- › Teething help!, 1 minute ago
- › The New And Improved Medical Cure For Hunger And Malnutrition 4 minutes ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 7 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 7 minutes ago
- › Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for roommate in TORRANCE CA 8 minutes ago
- › Anthem Blue Cross Won't Pay! 12 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 15 minutes ago
- › Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 15 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 17 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness