skycheetahtraffic--you made me laugh! :)
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Ina May's Guide to ChildbirthNo reviews yet.
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Informationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHusband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
Popular Group Discussions
PP Period 65 posts | Last post on March 14, 2014 at 7:30 pm
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Last post on 4/12/13 at 6:57am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Visitors during and after childbirth --- thoughts? Last post on 8/3/11 at 2:12pm in November 2011
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 am in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
- Has The Natural Birth Movement Become Too Obsessed With Moms'...Last edited: 9/3/13
- "But, isn’t home birth unsafe and totally insane?"Last edited: 2/18/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... - Page 6post #101 of 4426/25/13 at 3:00pmpost #102 of 4426/25/13 at 3:40pmpost #103 of 4426/25/13 at 7:57pmI think it's so funny that so many of us are "making" our partners dtd. What a funny plot twist from the second trimester...we are all so determined to get these babies out, even though its awkward, goofy cringe-worthy and not really all that fun, we are GOING to DTD, NOW! So what if I'm crying, my belly is like a boulder and I'm going to be miserable for the next six hours! WE'RE DOING THIS THING! I know my dh has probably decided that I am crazy at this point, between weeping randomly, having no patience, a negative brain function, plus demanding that he dtd so get this baby out...poor guy. I even asked him to find my cervix for me and he hedged out of it. I can't find it anymore. It's probably hiding.
More big contractions and cramps. Nothing else other than temper tantrums.
Caiesmommy and Kalista I can't wait to hear updates!post #104 of 4426/25/13 at 8:10pmpost #105 of 4426/25/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
Applause and yeah that!!! I'm done after this one too and DH is being shy about the snip. Too bad, I'm with you; not taking chances!!post #106 of 4426/26/13 at 12:59amI would imagine you won't want to DTD for at least a bit afterwards anyway, mamas 💕 and trust me, I KNOW how much it sucks now UGH!! My DH just asked me yesterday when he could get his V done and I said when ever he's ready 😁 but it'll still be a few weeks for us because my abdomen feels like it was used as a punching bag still.
Sorry to talk about me I can't wait to hear about your births and see your babies 😍post #107 of 4426/26/13 at 2:00ampost #108 of 4426/26/13 at 7:50am
My sobbing breakdown last night (and I'm not the crying type) was because my husband just found out he has to do a one-day-trip to the East Coast (from CO) on July 1. I'm due the 8th and have NO idea what's going on with my body in terms of preparation for labor. I know he's not happy about it either, but holy crap does it make me feel vulnerable. We're/I'm trying to create a "just in case" backup plan, which is tough, because we just moved across the country, but I think it's likely necessary for my sanity. Doesn't help that my parents are overseas/unreachable at the moment--and that the close friends I would otherwise offer a free flight to have just had babies of their own...post #109 of 4426/26/13 at 8:28amQuote:
LOL! I asked H this too! He freaked out and said no way :( Now whenever I ask him for a favor his eyes get big and he say "NO! I'm not looking for your cervix!" I usually respond "uh, I just wanted you to :insert normal request here: e.g. open the window that always gets stuck, turn on the light etc."post #110 of 4426/26/13 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #111 of 4426/26/13 at 9:51pmRuheling, how unsettling! Will he just be gone for the day or is travel time in there somewhere too? I'm willing to bet that you will not go into labor while he is gone, especially if he is your main safety and support.
As for me I'm having contractions five minutes apart that last for 45 seconds-2 minutes... For the last three hours, but it's more like five, I've been timing for three. I have this dilemma- should I go walking around my house to make them stronger at 12:45 am or try to get some sleep? This has happened a couple of times already and I keep wondering if I should do more to bring labor on but it keeps happening at night and the next day there's nothin.
As ready as I am to have this baby I think I'm going to bed. I don't trust this to keep up. And IF it does I will need to get some sleep.
In the meantime- what's happening with Caiesmommy and Kalista?
I'm thinking of you both!post #112 of 4426/27/13 at 8:39ampost #113 of 4426/27/13 at 9:07ampost #114 of 4426/27/13 at 9:10ampost #115 of 4426/27/13 at 1:24pmNo baby yet. sigh. I got some sleep, and saw my midwife today who pronounced me "ripe" and said she would be surprised to see me go too far into July. She also suggested we go ahead and try to get the baby out the same way we got it in there- that's our 'homework', dtd and try not to laugh too much.
I have had more crampy bouts of contractions today but I'm also having to be on with my kids so its hard to pay attention to. Tonight is my dh's late night- home from class at midnight, so maybe we will do our homework and something will happen tomorrow in time for the weekend!
I know I'm dreaming big fat dreams right now. Y'all don't laugh at me when I'm back here Monday complaining again.post #116 of 4426/27/13 at 1:28pmpost #117 of 4426/27/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
I had a 38 week boy and then 42 week girl so...
This one is a boy so maybe I cook boys faster? I hope? I'm 37w3d today by my dates and 39 according to the ultrasound I had. I don't believe the ultrasound thing though, I know with certainty what my dates are.post #118 of 4426/27/13 at 5:31pm2nd week in a row that a dr tells me I dropped more and fundal ht decreased and I might not make it to 37 w. I'm 36 tomorrow and lost a pound and 33fundal height. No labor signs tho and no internal. Anyone else notice that the area over pubic bone has become puffy squishy? Usually my bone is right up to my skinpost #119 of 4426/28/13 at 7:38amSome mucous plug appeared this morning- followed by contractions and lots of pressure. I've sent my DH to work while I clean my house and dance my way through contractions and arrange for childcare in case my kids go nuts.
I hope this is it.
From here on out I'm referring to the mucous plug as the the MP. Cause I'm so grossed out by the term.
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 7 minutes ago
- › Naturalist / Nudist Mamas! 7 minutes ago
- › March 2014 Chat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less... 16 minutes ago
- › Postpartum Thread! 25 minutes ago
- › March Chat 27 minutes ago
- › Birth/body preparation tips and ideas 41 minutes ago
- › Crafts to sell at craft fair 48 minutes ago
- › how to part with sentimental items 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild