Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Ina May's Guide to ChildbirthNo reviews yet.
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Informationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHusband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Last post on 4/12/13 at 6:57am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Visitors during and after childbirth --- thoughts? Last post on 8/3/11 at 2:12pm in November 2011
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 am in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
- Has The Natural Birth Movement Become Too Obsessed With Moms'...Last edited: 9/3/13
- "But, isn’t home birth unsafe and totally insane?"Last edited: 2/18/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... - Page 8post #142 of 4426/30/13 at 8:39pmThread Starterpost #143 of 4427/1/13 at 3:52pmpost #144 of 4427/1/13 at 9:55pmpost #145 of 4427/1/13 at 11:07pmpost #146 of 4427/2/13 at 3:03am
I feel like I am going to have false labor for several hours a day forever. When (though it feels more like an if) I go into actual labor I'm concerned I'm going to be the boy who cried wolf! Hopefully this kid kills my waterbag that way I have tell tale sign that "no, this time it's real."post #147 of 4427/2/13 at 4:04ampost #148 of 4427/2/13 at 5:36amQuote:That is exactly my thinking. Although last time my water broke I was saying 'its a girl' 45 minutes later. My DH is so paranoid that going to happen again.Originally Posted by inconditus
I feel like I am going to have false labor for several hours a day forever. When (though it feels more like an if) I go into actual labor I'm concerned I'm going to be the boy who cried wolf! Hopefully this kid kills my waterbag that way I have tell tale sign that "no, this time it's real."Quote:
I've wondered about the orgasm thing. My DH is starting to get squeamish about dtd, it's so ridiculous at this point, who can blame the guy?
Im pretty sure this kid is never coming out. Every day I wake up still pregnant I can't believe it. I was in such a funk yesterday I hid from everyone and banned myself from all human contact.
I had more crampy contractions all day yesterday. Enough to make me stop and breathe but nothing regular enough to time/take seriously. I think I'm going to see if my chiro will do a home visit so I don't have to drive after and mess up my hips again.post #149 of 4427/2/13 at 6:19amThread Starter
I also feel like I'll be pregnant forever. Especially with hardly any signs that labor is coming at some point. I didn't have much warning with any of my kids I guess. Though, I did lose mucous plug for like a week with my last one. I'm hoping I don't have to wait another week or more. That would stink. I'm really hoping to go before or by my due date. :) I had 2 before my due date and one a week after...but, we'll see.post #150 of 4427/2/13 at 6:25ampost #151 of 4427/2/13 at 6:59ampost #152 of 4427/2/13 at 7:27ampost #153 of 4427/2/13 at 7:58amThread StarterQuote:
That happened to me last time.
Talldarkeyes, I got the sore hammock thing going on really bad last night. I was sitting there and my baby is like, I don't care if there isn't any room I'm going to move and make room. It hurt. Baby has been low for 2 weeks... I was actually making ouchie noises and breathing through her movements LOL. Sad.post #154 of 4427/2/13 at 9:01am
Dayiscoming.......I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to breathe through the painful movements, sometimes they feel like contractions, they're so painful! It feels like he/she is trying to poke through my cervix!
I'm only 36 +5 weeks and I'm getting so tired and ready! Yesterday I had a bit of blood when I wiped, just once, but I was excited to have a tiny little sign that my body is doing something towards labor. So is that bloody show, or mucus plug? I never had any blood with my other two. Or maybe it's just a random bit of blood, but all the sudden I was hopeful that there will be an end in sight! :)post #155 of 4427/2/13 at 9:11amQuote:
My doctor says "sorry, no." Sperm is supposed to help some (since it has oxy-whatever in it), but it's not going to change things that aren't already happening. I'm finally ready to meet this little one and he/she needs to start the process!post #156 of 4427/2/13 at 9:54ampost #157 of 4427/2/13 at 10:09amQuote:
Speak for yourself. My husband won't put out .
He's like "you haven't wanted sex for 9 months but now you want it all the time. You're plotting something." bahahahahapost #158 of 4427/2/13 at 10:51am
I've been getting these BH/false labour (?) where I'll get 3-4 contractions in a row that get steadily stronger, then a back ache, then nothing for a few hours, then lather, rinse, repeat.
But it doesn't feel like anything is going to happen, if that makes sense?
Also, Chris just recently realized that it's totally possible that Bean will come before OR after his due date, and is now freaking out just a tad.post #159 of 4427/2/13 at 11:15amHe's like "you haven't wanted sex for 9 months but now you want it all the time. You're plotting something." bahahahah
Yeah, my DH is pretty hesitant too, but I reminded him that my libido generally tanks for months after birth and that seems to motivate him.
The last time we dtd I had MAJOR contractions for hours after. Two minutes apart and big. But they tapered off and I haven't managed to convince DH to repeat the activity since. Le sigh.
As for the whole false labor thing... I'm not sure there is such a thing as false labor. Not that I like the start and stop but I just don't like that language, as if our bodies are doing nothin really, just messin around. All of my bouts of contractions are getting closer together, they started 10-12 minutes apart three weeks ago, then went to 7-9 minutes apart two weeks ago, then last week 5-7, and 2-4 minutes apart for shorter periods of time this weekend. Something is definitely happening, even if its not resulting in a baby right away, but I can't call it false. I think of it as early labor an believe that it IS productive somehow.post #160 of 4427/2/13 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by wrenmoon
As for the whole false labor thing... I'm not sure there is such a thing as false labor. Not that I like the start and stop but I just don't like that language, as if our bodies are doing nothin really, just messin around. All of my bouts of contractions are getting closer together, they started 10-12 minutes apart three weeks ago, then went to 7-9 minutes apart two weeks ago, then last week 5-7, and 2-4 minutes apart for shorter periods of time this weekend. Something is definitely happening, even if its not resulting in a baby right away, but I can't call it false. I think of it as early labor an believe that it IS productive somehow.
I like that! hopefully not too early, as I'm just 36 weeks. it's like saying uterine seal instead of mucus plug.
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?
- › New experience! 9 minutes ago
- › juggling extracurriculars of child 10 minutes ago
- › Parenting and Rage 10 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 11 minutes ago
- › Homebirth not living up to expectations? 13 minutes ago
- › MARCH CHALLENGE!!!! 1000 Minutes of exercise... 19 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Educational Materials? 19 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 20 minutes ago
- › Cramping 22 minutes ago
- › labor pain panic 24 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild