Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Ina May's Guide to ChildbirthNo reviews yet.
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Informationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHusband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Last post on 4/12/13 at 6:57am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Visitors during and after childbirth --- thoughts? Last post on 8/3/11 at 2:12pm in November 2011
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on 3/9/14 at 8:18pm in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
- Has The Natural Birth Movement Become Too Obsessed With Moms'...Last edited: 9/3/13
- "But, isn’t home birth unsafe and totally insane?"Last edited: 2/18/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... - Page 16post #302 of 4427/12/13 at 6:13am
So this is only kind of labor related but I didn't want to start a new thread lol. Does anyone know of any late term constipation help/laxitives that don't induce? I wouldn't really mind having Jaya now but I heard that those types of "natural" inductions suck hardcore.
All this week I had super super loose stools then yesterday and today I haven't pooped at all and it hurts soo bad. I'm tempted to just ingest some epsom salt laced tea and see what happens.post #303 of 4427/12/13 at 6:33ampost #304 of 4427/12/13 at 6:35ampost #305 of 4427/12/13 at 6:40am
@inconditus.Apparently they suck big time AND don't really work to induce (unless of course, that's just the last thing that happens pre-baby). That said, my doc recommended using a magnesium citrate solution to help with my near-constant constipation problem that's gotten worse as the baby grows (it comes in a little bottle of kool-aidesque flavors and isn't "habit forming."). Would DEF. not do a whole bottle though, that would SERIOUSLY stink.post #306 of 4427/12/13 at 6:55amQuote:
Why wouldn't you tell your midwife about your insomnia? that's really important for them to know.
I'm with you on the "confusion of what to do/when" part too! I keep worrying I'm going to wait too late and then my husband will have to catch the babypost #307 of 4427/12/13 at 8:09ampost #308 of 4427/12/13 at 8:56am
inconditus - Prune juice!
I've been having the same problem, so yesterday I had 2 glasses of prune juice and I feel so much better. I usually keep it on hand to help get my bowels going after birth, but I needed it now. I think it actually may have helped baby get in a better position. I've been having weeks of prodromal labor, but starting last night it seems like things are changing for the better. Thinking I may have a baby sometime this weekend.
post #309 of 4427/12/13 at 9:20ampost #310 of 4427/12/13 at 10:52ampost #311 of 4427/13/13 at 6:19am38w4d and counting. Have been having B-H for several weeks, and it has been increasing in intensity slightly, but not really a discernable rhythm yet. What's really been getting me is the full pelvic achy heaviness or when he decides to jam his head into my nethers.
So ready to not be pregnant, but still feel like have so much to do! I usually hear that stress can throw you into labour, but can it also slow its progress? I'm due on the 22 which is a full moon. That's kind of cool. This is my first so my initial midwife said she expects me to go over by a week. Goodness in hope not, he's already so big!post #312 of 4427/15/13 at 3:36pmpost #313 of 4427/15/13 at 3:40pmpost #314 of 4427/15/13 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by SammiVonT
38w4d and counting. Have been having B-H for several weeks, and it has been increasing in intensity slightly, but not really a discernable rhythm yet. What's really been getting me is the full pelvic achy heaviness or when he decides to jam his head into my nethers.
So ready to not be pregnant, but still feel like have so much to do! I usually hear that stress can throw you into labour, but can it also slow its progress? I'm due on the 22 which is a full moon. That's kind of cool. This is my first so my initial midwife said she expects me to go over by a week. Goodness in hope not, he's already so big!
I'm due July 22, full moon, too! What do you still have to do that is stressing you out?post #315 of 4427/15/13 at 4:41pmpost #316 of 4427/15/13 at 5:38pmpost #317 of 4427/15/13 at 5:54pmpost #318 of 4427/15/13 at 7:19pmpost #319 of 4427/15/13 at 7:27pmQuote:
I'm wondering the same thing, because his stretching is occasionally quite uncomfortable
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 1 minute ago
- › MARCH CHALLENGE!!!! 1000 Minutes of exercise... 1 minute ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone pregnant with a different father? 7 minutes ago
- › What's next mom?? 9 minutes ago
- › how to communicate with a dr. about your mental illness 10 minutes ago
- › Any other Pregnancy After Loss Mamas? 11 minutes ago
- › wise woman sling 12 minutes ago
- › Anyone else still 'in the closet'? 15 minutes ago
- › Cool bibliography website... 21 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea