I didn't find the ball that helpful during labor. It was only nice during early labor and if I were to go to a hospital, I would have waited until I was further along. I think it's meant for comfort and helping the baby get into a good position.
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Ina May's Guide to ChildbirthNo reviews yet.
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Informationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHusband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
Popular Group Discussions
Starting solids 220 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 10:00 am
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Last post on 4/12/13 at 6:57am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Visitors during and after childbirth --- thoughts? Last post on 8/3/11 at 2:12pm in November 2011
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on 3/4/14 at 6:41am in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
- Has The Natural Birth Movement Become Too Obsessed With Moms'...Last edited: 9/3/13
- "But, isn’t home birth unsafe and totally insane?"Last edited: 2/18/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... - Page 20post #381 of 4427/21/13 at 9:11amThread Starterpost #382 of 4427/21/13 at 2:58pmpost #383 of 4427/21/13 at 3:03pmpost #384 of 4427/21/13 at 3:27pmpost #385 of 4427/21/13 at 5:39pmpost #386 of 4427/21/13 at 7:47pmGo gibbys!
Never done the ball but there is no way that I could have sat on a ball towards the end of labor, no way. If u can stand in a shower with hot water on your back that is great-the jacuzzi and hot water were slowing contractions down so I was only in there an hour. Just things to think about...post #387 of 4427/21/13 at 9:04pmpost #388 of 4427/22/13 at 12:34ampost #389 of 4427/22/13 at 1:09ampost #390 of 4427/22/13 at 9:35amYay!! Can't wait to hear your story!
I had another hour or so of mild but not painless contractions last night. Tried timing them from the beginning this time but they were so erratic it was just annoying me to try and monitor it. Decided to try and sleep instead, and though a few ones woke me up after that, sleep won out in the end.post #391 of 4427/23/13 at 4:12am
I was hoping the full moon would put more mom's into labour. I had a lot of contractions but thats been going on for weeks.
Tomorrow is the day. I still don't know what time my c-section is scheduled for but will find out later. I have a lot of nervous/anxious energy but a lot of things to do on my list for today to keep busy.
Yesterday at my ultrasound everything looked good. They are saying my baby girl weighs 8 lbs 4 ozs , give or take a pound. We shall see.
post #392 of 4427/23/13 at 4:17ampost #393 of 4427/23/13 at 4:18ampost #394 of 4427/23/13 at 4:27ampost #395 of 4427/23/13 at 1:21pmpost #396 of 4427/23/13 at 1:30pmpost #397 of 4427/23/13 at 1:36pmHarmonious, all the positive thoughts your way. I am just healing from a 3 day labour followed by an emergency c section and I am really having a hard time processing all of it. I can really empathize with sudden news that is hard to prepare for mentally and physically. Best of luck to you.post #398 of 4427/23/13 at 3:21pm
Today, I completed 40 weeks of pregnancy.
I feel like renting an airplane to write it across the sky.
Buying myself a gold medal, and wearing it forever.
Writing a paper about it, and then giving myself a gold star and an A plus.
Building a shrine to it.
Designing a building in honor of it, and then living in that building forever.
I may be incredibly miserable physically, but if I could, I would be jumping for joy every second.
I DID IT.post #399 of 4427/23/13 at 3:26pmpost #400 of 4427/23/13 at 5:27pm
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 2 minutes ago
- › Good Days / Bad Days 3 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 5 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 8 minutes ago
- › anyone else LOVE Pregnancy and have amazing pregnancies? SHARE!!!! 17 minutes ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 20 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 21 minutes ago
- › Measles in CA 24 minutes ago
- › How the CDC (and Dorit Reiss) Hyped Risk of Childhood Hep B... 25 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher