I didn't find the ball that helpful during labor. It was only nice during early labor and if I were to go to a hospital, I would have waited until I was further along. I think it's meant for comfort and helping the baby get into a good position.
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productBirth Arts International Programstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Informationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productGreat Expectations: Your All-in-One Resource for Pregnancy & Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHusband-Coached Childbirth (Fifth Edition): The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productHypBirth: Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit (DVD)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productIna May's Guide to Childbirthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
- productRaising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Caretagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/18/13
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- vent about working while pregnant Last post on 8/26/13 at 11:51am in April 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Last post on 4/12/13 at 6:57am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Visitors during and after childbirth --- thoughts? Last post on 8/3/11 at 2:12pm in November 2011
- Things never to ask a pregnant woman Last post on 6/8/13 at 10:42am in I'm Pregnant
- December Chat Thread Last post on 1/2/13 at 6:59am in April 2013 Due Date Club
The Hidden Risk of Epidurals
Last edited: 6/20/13
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?Last edited: 9/4/13
- Has The Natural Birth Movement Become Too Obsessed With Moms'...Last edited: 9/3/13
- The First Birth Matters (More Than You Think)Last edited: 12/6/13
- Optimal Cord Clamping Gives Your Baby A Boost!Last edited: 12/10/13
In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... - Page 20post #381 of 4427/21/13 at 9:11amThread Starterpost #382 of 4427/21/13 at 2:58pmpost #383 of 4427/21/13 at 3:03pmpost #384 of 4427/21/13 at 3:27pmpost #385 of 4427/21/13 at 5:39pmpost #386 of 4427/21/13 at 7:47pmGo gibbys!
Never done the ball but there is no way that I could have sat on a ball towards the end of labor, no way. If u can stand in a shower with hot water on your back that is great-the jacuzzi and hot water were slowing contractions down so I was only in there an hour. Just things to think about...post #387 of 4427/21/13 at 9:04pmpost #388 of 4427/22/13 at 12:34ampost #389 of 4427/22/13 at 1:09ampost #390 of 4427/22/13 at 9:35amYay!! Can't wait to hear your story!
I had another hour or so of mild but not painless contractions last night. Tried timing them from the beginning this time but they were so erratic it was just annoying me to try and monitor it. Decided to try and sleep instead, and though a few ones woke me up after that, sleep won out in the end.post #391 of 4427/23/13 at 4:12am
I was hoping the full moon would put more mom's into labour. I had a lot of contractions but thats been going on for weeks.
Tomorrow is the day. I still don't know what time my c-section is scheduled for but will find out later. I have a lot of nervous/anxious energy but a lot of things to do on my list for today to keep busy.
Yesterday at my ultrasound everything looked good. They are saying my baby girl weighs 8 lbs 4 ozs , give or take a pound. We shall see.
post #392 of 4427/23/13 at 4:17ampost #393 of 4427/23/13 at 4:18ampost #394 of 4427/23/13 at 4:27ampost #395 of 4427/23/13 at 1:21pmpost #396 of 4427/23/13 at 1:30pmpost #397 of 4427/23/13 at 1:36pmHarmonious, all the positive thoughts your way. I am just healing from a 3 day labour followed by an emergency c section and I am really having a hard time processing all of it. I can really empathize with sudden news that is hard to prepare for mentally and physically. Best of luck to you.post #398 of 4427/23/13 at 3:21pm
Today, I completed 40 weeks of pregnancy.
I feel like renting an airplane to write it across the sky.
Buying myself a gold medal, and wearing it forever.
Writing a paper about it, and then giving myself a gold star and an A plus.
Building a shrine to it.
Designing a building in honor of it, and then living in that building forever.
I may be incredibly miserable physically, but if I could, I would be jumping for joy every second.
I DID IT.post #399 of 4427/23/13 at 3:26pmpost #400 of 4427/23/13 at 5:27pm
- Empowered Birth: What is YOUR Story?
- › Weighing my options, please help me think this through 1 minute ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 1 minute ago
- › Enter the BabyKicks and The Mindful Home Giveaway! 2 minutes ago
- › Exercise During Pregnancy 3 minutes ago
- › What do you do to tone down the commercialism of the holidays? 5 minutes ago
- › Babywearing experiences 7 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 7 minutes ago
- › What are you knitting/crocheting? And share pics? 12 minutes ago
- › Update, no UC for me 12 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper 2013 Children's Toys, Games, Puzzles, and Book... 13 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh