or Connect
Mothering › Groups › July 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread...

In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread... - Page 5

post #81 of 442
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inconditus View Post

Either the supermoon produced a ton of babies super efficiently so that there couldn't be any updates.... or there was no activity at all. Lol.

 

Well, baby is super low(as previously stated) and it hurts down there when she moves around. Probably have some dilation from the pressure of her down there, but no contractions. I'm really not holding out tons of hope, but it would be nice to be done soon. LOL

post #82 of 442

Awww, inconditus, sorry your babe didn't show up when you thought she might. I also have a "premonitionary" date in mind for my baby...it just seems like the "right" date and popped into my head as the potential date of her birth a long time ago. Luckily it's after my EDD, so I wouldn't mind at all being wrong. Hang in there! We're getting so close!

 

dayiscoming, I am having tonnnns of pressure, too, and it feels like my cervix might be getting involved? I can't reach it to check, though. It's so odd to have these sensations for the first time. Not sure if I'm interpreting them correctly. Yesterday dh and I were driving on a hilly road and it felt like she was about to start coming out of me with every bump, and obviously that wasn't true.

 

I'm still a little confused about the floating baby thing because I thought dropping/engagement was a more permanent state? Like somehow my pelvic bones would stop her from moving in the same way as before? But when I try to imagine how that would work, it doesn't make too much sense, lol.

post #83 of 442
I started feeling some things that seemed sort of like cervix-area twinges. It happened the first time when I was consciously relaxing my whole body in a hypnobirthing exercise. The second time was when I was in bed, also in a very relaxed state.

It felt like a weird tugging and twinges deep in my vagina, on the other side of baby. It wasn't accompanied by contractions or anything else and I'd say it was mildly painful, but not alarming.

Dunno what to make of that!
post #84 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeohee View Post

Awww, inconditus, sorry your babe didn't show up when you thought she might. I also have a "premonitionary" date in mind for my baby...it just seems like the "right" date and popped into my head as the potential date of her birth a long time ago. Luckily it's after my EDD, so I wouldn't mind at all being wrong. Hang in there! We're getting so close!

 

dayiscoming, I am having tonnnns of pressure, too, and it feels like my cervix might be getting involved? I can't reach it to check, though. It's so odd to have these sensations for the first time. Not sure if I'm interpreting them correctly. Yesterday dh and I were driving on a hilly road and it felt like she was about to start coming out of me with every bump, and obviously that wasn't true.

 

I'm still a little confused about the floating baby thing because I thought dropping/engagement was a more permanent state? Like somehow my pelvic bones would stop her from moving in the same way as before? But when I try to imagine how that would work, it doesn't make too much sense, lol.

 

Lol. It's more than fine. I'm a little early, 36+2, anyways. I'm just at a loss of when she is going to come now, sans EDD, which means nothing for that.... which I guess is how it's supposed to be. 

 

I've got a floating baby too! I SWEAR she is engaged whenever H is home or I'm at my mom's house but when I am out and about or have an appointment with a specific MW she squirms up to the top of my uterus like "I'm not doing nothing here/with this person." 

post #85 of 442

i've had lower belly cramps for a few weeks now--but they have stepped it up to several times a day now. :) and sometimes i have a backache with them. :) yes. it still might be another month--but apparently my body and baby are doing some prepping which i am so excited about!!! 38 weeks plus a few days--what will be your birthdate little one? so looking forward to birth and baby!

post #86 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by inconditus View Post

Either the supermoon produced a ton of babies super efficiently so that there couldn't be any updates.... or there was no activity at all. Lol.

 

As for myself my intuitive "if it's going to be any day it's going to be the 23rd" has pretty much passed even though it's only 9:38 am. I'm just not feeling it as much anymore. I had a dream a while ago that I would go into labor at 11pm on the 22nd and have her sometime in the morning. I did have some contractions but they never got more intense or constant. I went to bed and still have a baby in me and can function properly so obviously I'm not the best with interpreting premonition dreams lol. 

 

I now have no backing on my "I think she's going to come early" statement so I will now start telling people I have about a month when they ask, rather than "whenever it happens."

i had a dream that we were 40 weeks and i had 2 more weeks to go...i woke up thinking--i hope that's not a premonition dream! :) i love looking and respecting my dreams--but i'm not always sure when it's premonition or not...i tend to have to wait and see before i say--yep, that's what i dreamed! :)

post #87 of 442
So I've had this stomach bug overnight a couple of days ago and it reminded me of some of the pain/discomfort as the induction (just gel, no pit) started working last time and I realized something: as much as I want this pregnancy over with and have my second (and planned last) baby in my arms, I'm so not looking forward to giving birth again! I was actually terrified for a few hours and that generally faded to simply not wanting to do it again. I'm so bone tired, exhausted by this stupid viral bug, worn out by symptoms, chasing my 2 year old...where will I find the reserves to birth this child?!
post #88 of 442
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycheattraffic View Post

as much as I want this pregnancy over with and have my second (and planned last) baby in my arms, I'm so not looking forward to giving birth again! I was actually terrified for a few hours and that generally faded to simply not wanting to do it again. 

 

Yeah, after my last baby, I was like, "I am NOT going to do that ever again!" It was pretty rough. And I cannot say I'm looking forward to doing it again. Was freaked out by it for a while actually. But, now I'm to the point where I just wanna get this show on the road and get it over with. Hopefully, it will be a little better this time. I'm glad to have support from a midwife this time and one that I feel like I can really trust. 

I'm sorry that you are sick now. I think you should have enough time to get over your bug before labor time and they say sick pregnant women stay pregnant, so hopefully you'll be feeling pretty decent by labor day. 

post #89 of 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycheattraffic View Post

So I've had this stomach bug overnight a couple of days ago and it reminded me of some of the pain/discomfort as the induction (just gel, no pit) started working last time and I realized something: as much as I want this pregnancy over with and have my second (and planned last) baby in my arms, I'm so not looking forward to giving birth again! I was actually terrified for a few hours and that generally faded to simply not wanting to do it again. I'm so bone tired, exhausted by this stupid viral bug, worn out by symptoms, chasing my 2 year old...where will I find the reserves to birth this child?!

hugs mama-- i had a stomach virus last week and it was awful-- it knocked out all my reserves...and it took me about 4 days to be able to eat again, which is when i started to get some strength back. hang in there. hug2.gif i hope you feel better soon. 

post #90 of 442

by the way when i was vomiting--i did the same thing flashing to birth and how much i hated vomiting in labor. :( yuck. and i did quite a bit of it. 

post #91 of 442

I lost my mucous plug and had bloody show on the weekend...but nothing since!  I'm guessing 7-10 days...but this pregnancy has been so different from my other three that I'm basing that off nothing really!
 

post #92 of 442
Thread Starter 

Sounding like some good signs there Kalista. Supposedly bloody show indicates that things should happen fairly soon, which you probably already knew. Your guess sounds like a good time frame to me. I lost tons of mucous plug starting about a week before I had my last one, but no bloody show. 

post #93 of 442

Yay, Kalista! Keep us posted! What is your EDD? (Or how many weeks along are you?)

post #94 of 442

Last night I started having some backache and bounced on my exercise ball all afternoon/evening. Made dh dtd and had KILLER backache all night and cramps. This am more so. Had some bloody show early this afternoon and some nasty trips to the bathroom. Still having some cramps and such but nothing major just uncomfortable. Pretty sure I'm going to make dh dtd again tonight.

 

We signed papers on our new house today and we close/move 3 days after my due date. This baby needs out ASAP so my midwives can deliver

post #95 of 442
Caiesmommy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm impressed you can still DTD; the very thought exhausts me. Maybe I should suck it up and go the DTD route too but I'm pretty sure DH will notice the cringing and "ow!" sounds lol
post #96 of 442
Inspired to create a new DTD in the last weeks thread. I recently had a failed attempt that's left me feeling a little pathetic. Could use commiseration.
post #97 of 442
Lol Cynthiamoon; go for it! I'm having big touch aversions with this pregnancy and I think I'd almost prefer that the MW do a stretch n sweep. At least it would be done quicker and I wouldn't be self conscious about whether the other party had a good time!
post #98 of 442
Wow caiesmommy! Sounds like it is your time!

DH and I made a pact to DTD every day last week...erm it got to the point where I was dreading the discomfort SO much that the very thought made me weary. I think we made it 7/10 though.
post #99 of 442

I haven't had any cramping or anything when having sex but every time, I cannot shake the feeling of being a very silly looking-non-sexy-like, uncomfortable, 37 week beached whale. sigh. 

post #100 of 442
Thread Starter 

Well, this doesn't mean much. But I tried to check my cervix. Still have no idea where it is at - maybe couldn't reach, but I felt upward and I can feel the baby's head through my pelvic floor. I remember that from my last pregnancy too. So weird and cool. LOL 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › July 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › In Labor or Warming up for Labor Thread...