I don't know if the problem is in my computer or at this website, but when I post, paragraph breaks get lost. My long-winded stories would be much easier to read if they didn't condense into one large block. I have tried going back to edit, but it still won't "take". Any hints or ideas?
- topicMothering Helptagged by mamarhu, 6/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- Mobile version troubles Last post on Yesterday at 1:14 pm in Site Help
- Print subscription? Last post on 3/3/14 at 10:14am in Site Help
- mobile site Last post on Yesterday at 11:12 am in Site Help
- Can we filter New Post results? Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:00pm in Site Help
- What should you do if your husband and you are not the same page when you try to discipline your... Last post on 2/5/14 at 7:27am in Parenting
Joining Mothering Made Easy With Facebook Connect!
Last edited: 7/24/13
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?Last edited: 3/21/13
- Mothering Member Benefits
Minor question - paragraph breakspost #1 of 156/15/13 at 10:21pmThread Starterpost #2 of 156/17/13 at 7:13ampost #3 of 156/19/13 at 6:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 156/19/13 at 10:51ampost #5 of 156/26/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #6 of 156/26/13 at 11:18ampost #7 of 156/26/13 at 12:04pmpost #8 of 156/26/13 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #9 of 156/26/13 at 12:39pmpost #10 of 156/26/13 at 6:49pmThread Starter
For some reason (within my computer, not MDC) my computer sometimes opens with Google Chrome, sometimes with Firefox. But either way, I sometimes get the more complicated message-writing screen, sometimes the simplest.
That seems to be the deciding factor whether paragraphs breaks get lost. Do you know what causes that difference?
ETA: this was with firefox, and the simpler message box. And a couple paragraph breaks, just for fun.
ETA again: when I came back and edited, I replaced the paragraph breaks, and now I have the full tool bar. Paragraph breaks were lost the first time, but returned when I edited on the fuller mode. I am so confused!post #11 of 156/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #12 of 156/27/13 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #13 of 156/28/13 at 4:29pm
Is there a thread in specific that you posted that's long, has the paragraph breaks but doesn't accept them when you edit the post? We'd like to see the history of the edits you've made and see if the edits were ever applied. If this is a bug, they should be able to reproduce it to be able to file a ticket for it. Thanks!post #14 of 156/30/13 at 9:01amThread Starter
This is a post I just wrote. I wrote it with 3 or 4 paragraphs; when it posted, they were gone. When I went back to the edit screen, they were present, but again, lost when submitted.
For some reason, I got the simpler message box to write into for that one, the more complex one with the toolbar for this one and one earlier this morning. That seems to be the deciding factor of how my posts will appear.
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
- › Grief during pregnancy 56 seconds ago
- › The Do's and Don'ts 1 minute ago
- › Crockpot meals on the cheap? 1 minute ago
- › I hate worrying. 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone showing already? 4 minutes ago
- › can't find heartbeat on my home doppler 6 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 9 minutes ago
- › Birth Bead Swap - Sign Up Here! 9 minutes ago
- › Measles vaccine under 12 mos 13 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 13 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher