I don't know if the problem is in my computer or at this website, but when I post, paragraph breaks get lost. My long-winded stories would be much easier to read if they didn't condense into one large block. I have tried going back to edit, but it still won't "take". Any hints or ideas?
- topicMothering Helptagged by mamarhu, 6/15/13
Related Forum Threads
- crashing when I reply to posts Last post on 12/16/13 at 7:57pm in Site Help
- "Quote and reply" hidden behind ad Last post on 12/15/13 at 10:40am in Site Help
- Trying to figure out how to reply to a thread Last post on 12/8/13 at 8:30pm in Site Help
- How do I create a new article? Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:52am in Site Help
- What to do next time? Pushing techniques please :-) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:35pm in Birth and Beyond
Joining Mothering Made Easy With Facebook Connect!
Last edited: 7/24/13
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?Last edited: 3/21/13
- Mothering Member Benefits
Minor question - paragraph breakspost #1 of 156/15/13 at 10:21pmThread Starterpost #2 of 156/17/13 at 7:13ampost #3 of 156/19/13 at 6:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 156/19/13 at 10:51ampost #5 of 156/26/13 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #6 of 156/26/13 at 11:18ampost #7 of 156/26/13 at 12:04pmpost #8 of 156/26/13 at 12:18pmThread Starterpost #9 of 156/26/13 at 12:39pmpost #10 of 156/26/13 at 6:49pmThread Starter
For some reason (within my computer, not MDC) my computer sometimes opens with Google Chrome, sometimes with Firefox. But either way, I sometimes get the more complicated message-writing screen, sometimes the simplest.
That seems to be the deciding factor whether paragraphs breaks get lost. Do you know what causes that difference?
ETA: this was with firefox, and the simpler message box. And a couple paragraph breaks, just for fun.
ETA again: when I came back and edited, I replaced the paragraph breaks, and now I have the full tool bar. Paragraph breaks were lost the first time, but returned when I edited on the fuller mode. I am so confused!post #11 of 156/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #12 of 156/27/13 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #13 of 156/28/13 at 4:29pm
Is there a thread in specific that you posted that's long, has the paragraph breaks but doesn't accept them when you edit the post? We'd like to see the history of the edits you've made and see if the edits were ever applied. If this is a bug, they should be able to reproduce it to be able to file a ticket for it. Thanks!post #14 of 156/30/13 at 9:01amThread Starter
This is a post I just wrote. I wrote it with 3 or 4 paragraphs; when it posted, they were gone. When I went back to the edit screen, they were present, but again, lost when submitted.
For some reason, I got the simpler message box to write into for that one, the more complex one with the toolbar for this one and one earlier this morning. That seems to be the deciding factor of how my posts will appear.
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
- › We lost the baby 24 seconds ago
- › Husband terrified of home birth 6 minutes ago
- › Wondering if I'm pregnant or not 10 minutes ago
- › November chat?? 19 minutes ago
- › Introducing my self and asking for information!! 26 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon 33 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 34 minutes ago
- › How Likely is it to go into Labor Before a 39 Week Scheduled... 50 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 57 minutes ago
- › I pulled a muscle in my back. Advice! 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh