Does anyone know where I can find job postings for CPM's? When I search online job sites all that I find are postings for CNM's. I am specifically looking for a job that is more compatible with having small children, such as working for a women's health foundation or teaching distance courses at an online school. Basically something part-time that is not on-call!
- topicMidwivestagged by bellyfruit, 6/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Support through NMI program?! Last post on 3/13/14 at 9:58pm in Midwives
- Midwife willing to travel Last post on 3/12/14 at 4:32pm in Alaska and Hawaii
- Denver midwife Apprenticeship/mentorship/guidance Last post on 2/21/14 at 12:12am in Midwives
- Funding your midwifery education... Last post on 3/13/14 at 8:40am in Midwives
- Starting the search for a Midwife in the Portland, Oregon region... Last post on 2/13/14 at 3:46pm in Midwives
Black Women DO VBAC!- An Interview With Birth Activist, Melek Speros
Last edited: 11/14/13
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While FilmmakingLast edited: 10/3/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- honoring midwives . . . and Peggy!Last edited: 3/11/13
- scenes from a conference, part 3Last edited: 3/11/13
where to find job postings for cpm'spost #1 of 36/20/13 at 5:37pmThread Starterpost #2 of 36/21/13 at 12:27am
Are you on the assorted MANA yahoo groups? I sometimes see job postings on the MANA Students and New Midwives list.
Also, I would recommend advertising for the jobs that you're interested in rather than waiting to see a posting. Contact midwives' associations, birth centers, midwifery schools, etc.post #3 of 36/21/13 at 2:08pm
Anyone want to venture a guess as to what percentage CPMs are self-employed?
If they're actually working as a CPM, (and not as a coffee bar barista) I'd say well over 95% are self-employed. And on call. All the time. My educated guess.
If you're seeking work for a foundation or non-profit, and looking for something part-time work during daylight hours, the skills needed would be other than what was gleaned in CPM training (fundraising, organizing, management, office skills).
I have seen positions for 'new grad CPMs' they are usually not paid very well, and I would pretty much guarantee you that the new grad would be on call. All. The. Time.
For CPM job seekers - I'd say the market is pretty poor. Especially for part-time, family-friendly positions that pay a living wage. Sorry to be such a downer, but this reality just doesn't exist. Maybe there are a few examples - but for the most part, self-employment is the route to making income for the CPM.
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While Filmmaking
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 25 seconds ago
- › Grumble: chicken pox 1 minute ago
- › Water Kefir and honey 8 minutes ago
- › Texas exemption? 9 minutes ago
- › insurance reimbursement tooo much?! 13 minutes ago
- › Dorit Reiss 16 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 19 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 24 minutes ago
- › Any other moms expecting #5 or more? 36 minutes ago
- › How do you feel about being financially dependent? 38 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild