- I ate fresh blueberries and strawberries for breakfast
- I'm on my third cup of coffee and third bottle of water - trying to decrease coffee and increase water
- It is sunny here
- I lost my gym key
- My butt hurts from doing squats
Found two really cool looking beetles at the same time.
My daughters did some clean up in the bedroom and "organized" Daddy's desktop.
Managed to do 5 more minutes of yoga than I did yesterday.
It's trying to be summer here--finally!
DH came home from work early bearing treats for everybody, including coffee for me and Cracker Jack for the girls. (And dd1 discovered Cracker Jack is dairy free!)
1) We celebrate MIL's birthday today
2) DS did "the robot" while listening to Kiss on vinyl
3) Had a very lazy Saturday with family and I feel great about it
4) I really need to organize the games for my sister's baby shower next weekend, but I am not looking forward to doing them at all
5) I bought myself fancy hair conditioner and hair gel today
its almost 12:30 and I am still in my pjs eating brunch (left over dinner - veggie chow mein) desperately trying to use the slippery chop sticks (so essentially holding bowl to my face and stuffing slipping and sliding noodles into my mouth when most of them fall back into the bowl). aargh dd served me and she decided I should use chopsticks coz she uses chopsticks for EVERYTHING - including cooking.
cleaned up cat barf from the bed before dd lay in it.
worked a little on a new water colour painting. got frustrated and decided to take a break. trying to do a multi media piece inspired by one of my favourite artists Wangechi Mutu but my magazine cut outs are not working in there as I had it planned in my head. in case you want to check out her work http://www.saatchigallery.com/artists/wangechi_mutu.htm
writing a letter (yes handwritten on nice paper with butterfly on it) to my friend's dad dying from colon cancer who lives for getting these letters in the mail. I enjoy writing to him.
helped dd set up her google voice account
This is a fun thread.
- I wore my big floppy fine-weave straw hat for a walk out with Little Man and felt vaguely like a Victorian-era British lady.
- Realized I've settled into a good routine with Sunday baking as I've managed to do it four weeks in a row.
- Read a story book to Little Man and he gave me a "kissy" on the cheek every time I finished reading a page.
- We all got to sleep in to 7:30 this morning, which is an extra hour and a half. It was amazing.
- The windows are wide open, and I'm enjoying a nice cool breeze and the overwhelming scent of rain and wet greenery. It's marvelous.
1. Watched DS make his own scrambled eggs for brunch this morning.
2. Dropped off DS at Robotics camp where he made a Da Vinci odometer.
3. Picked up anti-malaria meds for DH before he goes to India
4. Had a random discussion at Target with a woman who was buying a food scale about dieting and eating healthy foods.
5. Worried about DD starting to get sick and coughing up snot out of her trach.
Since I haven't had coffee yet this morning, nothing interesting has happened today.So I will report on yesterday instead:
Taking this thread over for a visit in the Parenting forum.
I like this-i like that its in the parenting section now...
-sent an audiofile to my grandparents for their 50th anniversary from my 5yo, he said 'i love you, the end'
-trying to make yoghurt by zapping milk in the microwave
-prayed with my 7yo from a siddur (Jewish prayer book), he knows all the prayers now, so he's the one leading....(we dont usually pray, but its one my to do list)
-17mth old poops in the potty and brings it to me saying 'pee, pee'
-bargained with wholefoods butcher workers to buy fat cuts off their meat for a dollar a pound. Fat is cheap cos' noone wants it! They just throw it away, and you cant buy animal fat anywhere! Ive looked! Apparently though, its actually really good for you.(GAPS, Paleo and all that) This meat is pasture raised, antibiotic free. Now i have to figure out how to render it. I cant cook, so all of this is new to me.