And another one... The best baby shower gift for a new mom-to-be is something that will help her to breastfeed (if that is her plan). Top picks -- My Breast Friend pillow (http://www.mybrestfriend.com/), Lansinoh cream (http://www.lansinoh.com/), or a gift certificate to Bravado -- I love the body silk seamless bra and the essential nursing tank (http://www.bravadodesigns.com/).
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topic2013 Due Date Clubstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- productCalming Newborn Gift Totetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- topicConteststagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- topicDue Date Clubstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- productMy Brest Friend Adjustable Nursing Stool, Woodtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
- productMy Brest Friend Nursing Covertagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
- productMy Brest Friend Pillowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
- productThe Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
Popular Group Discussions
Shameless Cute Baby Thread 76 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 am
Related Forum Threads
- Baby Shower Game Thread Two August 2013 DDC Last post on 7/2/13 at 7:04am in August 2013 Due Date Club
- WE HAVE A WINNER! July DDC 2013 Baby Shower Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:31am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- THe BF Thread Last post on 7/25/13 at 12:36pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
Terms and Conditions - Spring Cleaning Giveaway Sponsored by Branch...
Last edited: 4/8/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- Win a Trip to the 2013 Dream Camp with Kathy IrelandLast edited: 4/3/13
- Tandem NursingLast edited: 6/16/12
- One Breast is EnoughLast edited: 10/17/11
Baby Shower Game Thread Two July 2013 DDC - Page 2post #22 of 357/2/13 at 11:52ampost #23 of 357/2/13 at 12:13pmpost #24 of 357/2/13 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 357/2/13 at 1:45pm
No, you are completely right, Cynthiamoon. I usually give off registry myself anyway, so I'm being a bit of a hypocrite.
What I was trying to say, inelegantly, was that (usually) if it's on the registry, it means that the mama really wants/needs it. But heartfelt/handmade/personal gifts are so, so awesome, as are gifts of something that the giver knows will be useful based on their own experience.
It's the middle ground that bothers me -- when people go out and buy random baby crap that often is redundant with what's on the registry and is just clutter or wastefully manufactured.
post #26 of 357/3/13 at 8:02amAbsolutely. For example, we received a silver baby spoon from a friend of my husbands, and I still don't know how I feel about that one.
I guess it's a traditional family heirloom sort of of gift in some cultures, but all I can think of is that expression about privilege and how this friend isn't "family," so it's just weird.
But to keep on theme fr the thread...
I think if you are doing an "everyone contributes to a big gift" thing, a doula is an excellent choice!post #27 of 357/3/13 at 8:57ampost #28 of 357/3/13 at 9:57ampost #29 of 357/3/13 at 10:25amQuote:
Oh yeah, I did think that the anti-bac thing was really cool, but I get the impression that in the modern day, most "silver spoons" are actually aluminum or other metals, and are just intended as a keepsake, like something you display in a cabinet.
We decided to make it into a Christmas tree ornament, since we like making our own every year.post #30 of 357/3/13 at 5:08pmpost #31 of 357/3/13 at 11:59pmpost #32 of 357/4/13 at 11:05ampost #33 of 357/4/13 at 11:03pmpost #34 of 357/7/13 at 3:38pm
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › Nursing Mamas 3 minutes ago
- › The (Hopefully) Sane Holiday Therapy Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 4 minutes ago
- › December updates, brags, ponderings: post 'em here! 7 minutes ago
- › Great git wrap ideas 11 minutes ago
- › Autism's Invisible Generation 12 minutes ago
- › Katie Couric admits disproportionate reporting on HPV vaccine 14 minutes ago
- › Crunchy Christian mamas '13 15 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 16 minutes ago
- › Leg cramps during period? 16 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh