And another one... The best baby shower gift for a new mom-to-be is something that will help her to breastfeed (if that is her plan). Top picks -- My Breast Friend pillow (http://www.mybrestfriend.com/), Lansinoh cream (http://www.lansinoh.com/), or a gift certificate to Bravado -- I love the body silk seamless bra and the essential nursing tank (http://www.bravadodesigns.com/).
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topic2013 Due Date Clubstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- productCalming Newborn Gift Totetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- topicConteststagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- topicDue Date Clubstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 7/1/13
- productMy Brest Friend Adjustable Nursing Stool, Woodtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
- productMy Brest Friend Nursing Covertagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
- productMy Brest Friend Pillowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
- productThe Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Baby Shower Game Thread Two August 2013 DDC Last post on 7/2/13 at 7:04am in August 2013 Due Date Club
- WE HAVE A WINNER! July DDC 2013 Baby Shower Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:31am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- THe BF Thread Last post on 7/25/13 at 12:36pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
Terms and Conditions - Spring Cleaning Giveaway Sponsored by Branch...
Last edited: 4/8/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
- Win a Trip to the 2013 Dream Camp with Kathy Ireland
Baby Shower Game Thread Two July 2013 DDC - Page 2post #22 of 357/2/13 at 11:52ampost #23 of 357/2/13 at 12:13pmpost #24 of 357/2/13 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 357/2/13 at 1:45pm
No, you are completely right, Cynthiamoon. I usually give off registry myself anyway, so I'm being a bit of a hypocrite.
What I was trying to say, inelegantly, was that (usually) if it's on the registry, it means that the mama really wants/needs it. But heartfelt/handmade/personal gifts are so, so awesome, as are gifts of something that the giver knows will be useful based on their own experience.
It's the middle ground that bothers me -- when people go out and buy random baby crap that often is redundant with what's on the registry and is just clutter or wastefully manufactured.
post #26 of 357/3/13 at 8:02amAbsolutely. For example, we received a silver baby spoon from a friend of my husbands, and I still don't know how I feel about that one.
I guess it's a traditional family heirloom sort of of gift in some cultures, but all I can think of is that expression about privilege and how this friend isn't "family," so it's just weird.
But to keep on theme fr the thread...
I think if you are doing an "everyone contributes to a big gift" thing, a doula is an excellent choice!post #27 of 357/3/13 at 8:57ampost #28 of 357/3/13 at 9:57ampost #29 of 357/3/13 at 10:25amQuote:
Oh yeah, I did think that the anti-bac thing was really cool, but I get the impression that in the modern day, most "silver spoons" are actually aluminum or other metals, and are just intended as a keepsake, like something you display in a cabinet.
We decided to make it into a Christmas tree ornament, since we like making our own every year.post #30 of 357/3/13 at 5:08pmpost #31 of 357/3/13 at 11:59pmpost #32 of 357/4/13 at 11:05ampost #33 of 357/4/13 at 11:03pmpost #34 of 357/7/13 at 3:38pm
- Join Your Due Date Club!
- › Question about csec scar 18 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Lots to lose support thread? 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 2 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 2 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Make A Sentence, New Word Game 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › 3 year old having a tough time. 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool