- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by TheCrunchyBrit, 7/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on Today at 2:51 pm in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Trying To Conceive
- Is this possibly a triphasic chart? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:17pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Nursing Mamas TTC July - Page 2post #21 of 1097/16/13 at 4:38pmpost #22 of 1097/17/13 at 7:56pm
Thank you so much for the welcomes
I'm off to have my IUD removed tomorrow which I guess moves me into the waiting to ovulate category. I have a false sense of expectation as we conceived dd2 on the first cycle of TTC. I'm trying to be realistic and tell myself that I'll likely be hanging out here for a while. Still, I'm excited to have made this very big decision and am really excited for the coming months of TTC.post #23 of 1097/17/13 at 8:32pm
Any news RosieL?!
Kgpplus- That's crazy!! I have had a couple of evaps from that same batch, but nothing as crappy as the one I posted...that thing even dried pink.
No period yet for me. My little one has gone down to nursing 2 times/day 2-3 times per week when I work, he nurses maybe 4-5 times per day when I am not working. I am thinking I might give vitex a try here pretty soon.
Good luck tomorrow Tomtemama!post #24 of 1097/18/13 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by TheCrunchyBrit
tantylynn - I wish breastfeeding was more socially accepted here - its quite true what they say about the british stiff upper lip. There was an article in a national paper last week about a woman feeding her baby on the train. The conductor came over and told her 'whatever you're doing, you need to do it the toilet' When she stated the law prevented him from asking her to stop breastfeeding in a public place, he said no such law exists (it definitely does) and basically called her filthy. I was appalled but it was even worse when I read the comments people had written on the article 'Would it be so difficult to cover it (yes, IT) up with a light cloth', 'quite right too, I don't defecate in public', etc...
I'm speechless!!!! Some people!
AF started today so I'm officially waiting to O. I started up my chart again and am all ready to temp in the morning :) I've been looking into fertility diets and supplementing for PCOS. I think I'm just going to do Maca, EPO and my multi-vitamin this cycle and try to eliminate sugar altogether. I want to go pick up an Omega blend too, and make an appointment to see the naturopath and get further recommendations.
Sorry about the evap fishywishy! How frustrating!post #25 of 1097/18/13 at 1:55pmpost #26 of 1097/18/13 at 2:41pmThread Starterpost #27 of 1097/18/13 at 9:22pmpost #28 of 1097/19/13 at 10:12ampost #29 of 1097/20/13 at 8:31pmpost #30 of 1097/20/13 at 8:32pmpost #31 of 1097/21/13 at 3:56ampost #32 of 1097/21/13 at 4:35amThread Starter
List updated to here
Fingers crossed for you stretch!
vivica - that's so crap 3 weeks - are everyone's cycles always so nuts PP? I haven't had my first PPAF yet.
RosieL - I'm hanging on til DS hits 1 before starting vitex personally just because although its traditionally used to increase milk supply, I've heard that it can also decrease it and I want my DS to be eating well enough to cope with any temporary dips in supply.post #33 of 1097/21/13 at 2:13pmpost #34 of 1097/21/13 at 9:15pm
Aw, RosieL! Boo! Do you mind sending me the vitex monograph also? (I will PM you) DH has some travel coming up in the next few weeks and I honestly have not had time to sit down and do the research. I am still amazed at how well it brought AF on for you! I was looking at my charts earlier tonight (I have only been logging CM) and I noticed that I have had EWCM on the 20th (+- 1 to 2 days) for the past 3 months. I wonder if that is my body trying to ovulate?
TheCrunchyBrit - hey, that's great! We can be "vitex buddies" LOL! My little one will be a year old this Tuesday and I have already had several people ask if I am going to wean him. I just smile and say, "nope." :)post #35 of 1097/22/13 at 11:14ampost #36 of 1097/22/13 at 11:49amHey ladies I'd love to join this group. My DD is 14 months old today and she still nurses quite frequently and 2-3 times at night, but I got my first pp cycle back when she was around 8 months old. We plan on TTC soon and I've been attempting to take my temp every morning and track ovulation but I always forget :/post #37 of 1097/22/13 at 2:26pmThread Starter
Hi LoveNFaith! Where would you like to go on the list? Would you be waiting to be ready?
Rosie - I'll PM you now, I'd really appreciate that. I'm in no hurry to wean DS. I figure if he still wants it then he still needs it so if vitex does decrease my supply, then I'll be stopping it.
Fishywishy, DS is 1 on 1st August so our babies are pretty much the same age! Would love a 'vitex buddy' I can't wait to see if it works. I'm no monarchist but the royal baby put in an appearance today and it's on every tv channel, in every paper, etc.. all I'm seeing is 'baby, baby, baby' and I'm sooooo broody now.post #38 of 1097/23/13 at 11:13am
I'd like to join in the fun. DH is adamant that we are done but I've put him in charge of all birth control so we know how this story is going to end Please put me in Waiting to be Ready. Still nursing DS #2 (14 mos) about 3-4 times during the day and a gazillion times at night...not really but still about every 2 hours. It feels like a gazillion.
First PPAF showed up on July 6 and was a doozy. Those first two days, I actually considered whether I should call a medical professional about blood loss. I'm really hoping that it was a fluke and that I'll regulate quickly.
I lost my supply very quickly when I got pregnant with DS#2 but DS #1 was a little over 2 at that point so I was ok with it. I'm feeling a little conflicted about depriving DS#2 of a full two years of milk if I would get pregnant soon. Any thoughts?
So happy to be back in the TTC forums with new friends and familiar faces (Hi Viv and Tantylynn ) Does it still count as TTC if one person is TTC and one person is Trying to Prevent?post #39 of 1097/23/13 at 12:12pm
Welcome LIF and AtS! I wish you both a very short and happy stay in here. Well, maybe not too short in AtS's case. :)
Funny, I put DH in charge of prevention measures for a year before we started TTC and he was VERY careful. There was no way anyone was getting pregnant. I would have loved for him to be a bit more careless at that time. He was so scared of having a baby, though sure he wanted one. Now it feels so weird and different for him to be 100% ready and excited to TTC #2.post #40 of 1097/24/13 at 11:31am
Rosie - I think that my DH is going to be very careful for a couple months and then he's going to get cocky and think that he's got this cycle thing down and then we're going to have the oops. That's my plan anyway (Insert devious smiley here). I told him that I would chart my cycle on the family calendar and I always synch with the moon so he can pretty much figure that 5 days before and 2 days after a full moon is the danger zone. It's not rocket science. And I am just so done being the one to take care of birth control...it's been 11 years...I'm handing over the responsibility.
To All - I never temped for my other TTC cycles as moon phase, CM and CP were always spot on predictors. Does it really even work when still nursing? If it is something that I want to start, is it even worth it? I'm hot all the time when I'm nursing. Wouldn't that skew the temps? Together with the fact that I'm up every two hours at night?
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › I don't like playing with my kid 3 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 7 minutes ago
- › SIL wont let my kids see her newborn 9 minutes ago
- › Are you living in the country, off grid or dreaming about it? 9 minutes ago
- › Non vaxer contemplating vaccination 11 minutes ago
- › Am I overreacting? 17 minutes ago
- › Where to rent live reindeer for our front yard? 17 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 18 minutes ago
- › Want to help a family in need this holiday season? Become a Holiday... 19 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo