Related Forum Threads
- What is the wackiest rule in your house? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:55am in Parenting
- Bad Mama Day Confessions: spill your guts! Last post on 10/31/13 at 1:39pm in Parenting
- Do your kids ever eat Happy Meals? Last post on 11/11/13 at 1:02pm in Parenting
- How much supervision is enough? Last post on 11/15/13 at 7:10am in Parenting
- Do you drink when your kids are awake? Last post on 11/18/13 at 12:04pm in Parenting
I Want to be Two
Last edited: 2/18/14
- Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?Last edited: 2/14/14
- Sexy Little GirlsLast edited: 7/24/13
- Embracing The Other WomanLast edited: 6/24/13
- There Is Not Always a "Fix" For the Difficult ChildLast edited: 7/24/13
What do other moms do with their kids that you can't stand doing with yours? - Page 4post #61 of 667/13/13 at 9:13pmFunny thing about drawing on demand. My DD is very obsessed with commanding us to draw or paint very specific things. Her favorites right now include letters, kitties, llamas, poppies, potties, and pigs. I have noticed an ability (in myself) suddenly for painting pretty well. Today I did a killer rubber ducky with water colors in the first try. Also, this:
post #62 of 667/13/13 at 9:52pm
My kiddo is older but is an only kiddo. I DO NOT play board games. I will go to swim meets but I only show up at swim time, not for pre-meet practice and I leave when he is done swimming.
When he was younger he never really needed a friend/mama to play with but i DO NOT do pretend play.
I dont mind going to the pool, just not in the heat of the day. I hate the beach.
I love art. The park is good - I can bring a book or yarn and sit on a bench for the afternoon.
Oh- i DO NOT watch kiddie movies on the tv. sorrypost #63 of 667/13/13 at 11:17pm
I like a lot of kids movies and shows (actually quite a big fan of Barney and Barney songs). Some things I hate like Teletubbies and Max and Ruby (Ruby just constantly tells max no no no no no it gets on my nerves!!!!), Cailu, The Regular Show, and Big Time Rush. Most of the things I don't like I would probably try to steer my kids away from, or if they loved it I would put a limit on it. For example Sponge Bob is funny for a while but unfortunatly is on hours and hours at a time. I would have to say, "OK that's all the sponge bob I can stand. Time for something else!"
Mamma Amie (ha! my name is Amy): Yes my youngest demanded I draw specific things too and it generally annoyed me! I would draw for a while and then say, OK now YOU draw a such and such!!! GREAT TOILET!!!post #64 of 667/14/13 at 11:47amI don't like imaginary play, either. I try, but it's just not for me. I also have a very hard time letting them cook with me...I'm a bit of a kitchen control freak. I do LOVE to sing to/with them, and take them to the park (because they can run free)...mind you, as soon as it becomes about me pretending to eat their "food", or helping them "put out a fire" or whatever it might be at the park, I quickly find myself losing patience/interest.
Edit: I also like Legos, play-doh, colouring, etc. but I suck in the preparing crafts for them to make department. I also don't mind kids movies.post #65 of 667/15/13 at 2:33pmThis is funny. My hubby and mines roles seem reversed. I'm the active mama. I don't really enjoy sitting around for too long, I don't like board games, Legos, dress-up or make believe. I love taking them to the zoo, beach, water park, playground.. All that stuff. We like going on walks, bike rides, etc, going to play areas, Barnes and noble... hubs is not into the active stuff. Probably has to do with the fact that he has a pretty physically demanding active job so he's usually simply too tired. I even enjoy festivals and carnivals, and don't mind the lines. I have a hard time sitting still for too long. He and our kids watch movies, build forts, play Legos, cars and shoot bow and arrows and reads them books.post #66 of 667/15/13 at 4:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by DelawareMom
Oh my goodness, I am soooo relieved! My brain immediately shuts down when my 5yo DD starts with the "Hey Mom, pretend I'm your second baby and I just ate some apples but I don't really like apples and you want me to be a kitty and then you turn into a mean dog..." You get the idea. I have a hard time following the script and then she gets mad. No fun. We like to do lots of other stuff together, though. Cook, swim, go for long walks, read. Just no princess mermaid fairies, please.
Yeah, can't put up with much pretend play.
DD1 (5): Pretend that I'm your grandaughter, and I'm a beautiful princess, and you live in India, and I'm coming on the bus to visit you...
DD2 (2.5): Pretend I'm Dr.Maria, and I'm coming to your house, but I just realized I went to the wrong house!
I enjoy activities that have more clearly defined outcomes, like reading a story or playing a board game, or things, like a pp mentioned, that we can work on independently together, like play dough or Legos. I also like outings, because time goes by faster. Sometimes just playing in the house makes a day seem so long.
- Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
- › Pregnancy To Do Lists! 4 minutes ago
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 20 minutes ago
- › Co-sleeping w/3 yo and new baby on the way. Help! 27 minutes ago
- › heart beating in my head... 31 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience getting an older child to accept your... 31 minutes ago
- › New Baby / New Mama First-Aid / Survival kit 36 minutes ago
- › Name Thread? 40 minutes ago
- › Registry Reviews, please! FTMs need feedback. 41 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 43 minutes ago
- › February chat thread 46 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea