Thanks Neaera and OrchideZ for your input. OrchideZ, I can't believe they missed it before! How does that happen?
I decided that we should get DH tested if we can afford it. So now we wait to hear back from his insurance to see if they will help cover it at all. If we were to have a child with CF and they needed surgery for bowel problems within the early days or hours (sounds common with CF babies), we would probably need to go to a hospital 9 hours away. Our hospital has a level III NICU, which is great; but they don't have a pediatric surgeon. At the very least, I would like to explore our options and know what is available. Most likely, DH is not a carrier and it's something we can forget about. The other thing I was thinking is that if DH does have the mutation, I will be done with having kids. We're not planning a 3rd, but are open to the possibility. If we are both carriers, I absolutely won't want to take the risk.
OrchideZ, congratulations on your little girl! I'm so happy that everything is going well with your pregnancy after 2 losses. And I'm glad that things are less stressful for you now! I hope I get to that place soon. I had kind of crazy amounts of stress about a 2nd child even before we started TTC. I feel like I don't deserve a 2nd easy pregnancy or healthy kid. So I just keep expecting everything to go wrong. I need to get out of that brain rut!