Thank you. I know my ovulation date and I'm dated one day before that because of our 10 week u/s. The boys have both measured on time to slightly ahead each u/s (for singleton growth) so they should be good sized but I know size isn't everything and they need to mature a bit before they can nurse effectively. DD was born after 41 weeks and struggled with many nursing issues the entire first year (when her solid intake finally made up for her poor milk removal and I was able to back off pumping and nurse her till 39 mos) and our LC said she acted like a premature baby. I don't know why and I am not really looking forward to all that pumping again but of course will do whatever I need to to get them my milk.
Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 6post #102 of 7497/21/13 at 9:59ampost #103 of 7497/21/13 at 2:15pm
You never know Edelweiss, maybe these boys will come out with the voracious appetites of teenagers and take to the boob(s) immediately! Maybe after nursing your DD for 39mos, and pumping, your milk will let down easier, or your breasts will have a muscle memory (I know, not muscle memory, tissue memory maybe?) and everything will fall into place much faster and easier than it did with your first... I don't really know, but I hope so! I think that you have the patience of a saint, and are pretty amazing for working so hard to BF your DD and stay still for so long for your DSs!
Oh, and you should probably close all of the blinds for the full moon tomorrow night!
Cathy and Skycheat, will you both be dancing naked under the moon tomorrow???post #104 of 7497/21/13 at 3:10pm
Thanks Mam505 - we have black out curtains I definitely know more about breastfeeding now than I did 4 yrs ago! And I have a great support system and am determined to do what I need to to get my babies my milk, just hoping they can nurse well from birth. My LC said around 35 weeks they can start to nurse or at least get some milk from breast, so I am hoping for that at least.
Cathy - hope your baby comes soon and healthy!post #105 of 7497/21/13 at 5:36pmpost #106 of 7497/21/13 at 6:43pm
TMI (but isn't that a lot of labor symptoms?) but I haven't spotted today, is that a good sign? Does that mean I didn't have bloody show yesterday or things are slowing down or I guess I won't really know till I see my OB Tues and ask him. I guess any spotting/bleeding can mean cervical changes so I guess it probably has changed in the last week. I think too much.post #107 of 7497/21/13 at 7:05pmpost #108 of 7497/21/13 at 7:11pmpost #109 of 7497/21/13 at 7:16pmpost #110 of 7497/21/13 at 7:23pm
Yeah I figured it was good but doesn't undo Sat's spotting either. Oh well, I'm thankful for another day of having them tucked inside!
Skycheat - with my DD labor didn't start until I almost fell asleep then I was up all night with ctx and had her right before 1 pm. This was after tons of prodomal and everything and almost giving up (41-1). So go relax and let baby come! We're rooting for you and yes I'll take any extra days you don't want bc I need my little guys to mature a bit more!post #111 of 7497/21/13 at 8:20pmpost #112 of 7497/22/13 at 4:14amEdelweiss-- keep hanging on to those babies! You're doing great!!!
Skycheat- you sound so ready. Hope the full moon helps things along.
Crafty, I know this pregnancy has been a tough one for you.... Happy 39 weeks! Why not celebrate with some broken waters or bloody show? Lol. I'll be rooting for you!!!
AFM, I am 36 weeks today. Methinks I have a ways to go.post #113 of 7497/22/13 at 5:45am
Just wondering how the full moon worked out for our outside dancers...I had to ring in the day by staying awake past midnight. I think partly bc I have to take a pill at midnight and partly because I'm so relieved to be officially done with another day that I have to stay up and make sure I made it (or it's just pregnancy insomnia).post #114 of 7497/22/13 at 6:14ampost #115 of 7497/22/13 at 6:32ampost #116 of 7497/22/13 at 6:43ampost #117 of 7497/22/13 at 7:00ampost #118 of 7497/22/13 at 9:32am
Where I am, full moon is here at 215 pm...thats only 2 hrs away and I'm not deep in labor so I'm guessing our baby won't be a full moon baby! I have been having lots of BH and early labor signs, but nothing consistent or major.
skycheat, holding out hope for you today--hope you're napping haha ;)post #119 of 7497/22/13 at 9:54ampost #120 of 7497/22/13 at 10:05am
I'm hoping for you, skycheat! Soon, soon, soon!
afm, I have been having lots of cm, which is making me really happy. I didn't have any with DS until I had a membrane sweep at 40 weeks, and I ended up with a failed induction with him. He definitely wasn't ready to be born at 40 weeks. I do think this baby is getting ready though. I think I still have a few weeks (only 35.2 now).
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Send me good vibes 10 minutes ago
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 11 minutes ago
- › Nausea 16 minutes ago
- › Morning Sickness Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Gifted class or cluster grouping: pros and cons 23 minutes ago
- › Severely Irritable Uterus 24 minutes ago
- › Did your p/g symptoms reduce with subsequent pregnancies? 34 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 38 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 42 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher