I've been having a lot more BH today. I think I too shall blame it on the full moon!
Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 7post #121 of 7497/22/13 at 12:38pmpost #122 of 7497/22/13 at 12:58pm
I am only at 35wks, but BH kept me up all night long. I spent most of the night thinking of Skycheat, Crafty, and Calladona... I don't know how you've survived as many weeks of prodromal labor as you have Calladona, I am a mess! I hope the moon moves things along for you ladies, I am going to go hide in a dark room for awhile and try to get things calmed down on my end (and maybe have that glass of wine I recommended to Edelweiss)!post #123 of 7497/22/13 at 1:47pmMaybe this makes my expectations too high but my due date is Friday, July 26th so I'm 39w 3d. I wouldn't be so impatient if this pregnancy felt like the last one but I'm having a ton of promising contractions that go nowhere. It makes me paranoid. On the 17th my cervix was starting to get ready (1cm, anterior and soft but long, baby's head as far down as cervix was letting it get) and I had a decent, productive labour with my first. This being my second and feeling so many painful but irregular contractions, I think there's a decent chance that labour could be fast since I could be walking around 3cm dilated by now.... Luckily the heat wave broke which helps a lot but the uncertainty is nerve wracking. With my first I had a few painless BH and then labour started suddenly and unmistakably after getting the gel. I'm ok going to my EDD but if I go a week late again, I'm not gonna be a happy camper! DH is a teacher and off for the summer do each day baby stays in is one day of pp help/support I'll be missing. We recently had in law drama and I'm just so done with everything. All I want is to start the recovery and adjustment process.
Ok I'm done griping. I'm not even post date but I've been a miserable gregnant mama since about week 30-32.post #124 of 7497/22/13 at 5:17pmpost #125 of 7497/22/13 at 5:51pm
Lots of contractions yesterday, not so many today thankfully. :)
Mama505, I think I'd be insane if it were constant, but so far, not too bad. I've only had like 2 bouts of consistent painful contractions for any amount of time. The rest of the time, I get anywhere from 0 to maybe 8 painful contractions in a day. They hit randomly, which is annoying, but just one contraction is do-able. It's just a bit of a mind game is all. ;) I'm also blessed that I rarely get painful ones in the night...
skycheat, come on baby!!post #126 of 7497/22/13 at 6:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by skycheattraffic
Maybe this makes my expectations too high but my due date is Friday, July 26th so I'm 39w 3d. I wouldn't be so impatient if this pregnancy felt like the last one but I'm having a ton of promising contractions that go nowhere. It makes me paranoid. On the 17th my cervix was starting to get ready (1cm, anterior and soft but long, baby's head as far down as cervix was letting it get) and I had a decent, productive labour with my first. This being my second and feeling so many painful but irregular contractions, I think there's a decent chance that labour could be fast since I could be walking around 3cm dilated by now.... Luckily the heat wave broke which helps a lot but the uncertainty is nerve wracking. With my first I had a few painless BH and then labour started suddenly and unmistakably after getting the gel. I'm ok going to my EDD but if I go a week late again, I'm not gonna be a happy camper! DH is a teacher and off for the summer do each day baby stays in is one day of pp help/support I'll be missing. We recently had in law drama and I'm just so done with everything. All I want is to start the recovery and adjustment process.
Ok I'm done griping. I'm not even post date but I've been a miserable gregnant mama since about week 30-32.
stalking you to see if you are in labor!!!!!!!!!!!!Thinking of you!post #127 of 7497/22/13 at 7:07pmpost #128 of 7497/22/13 at 9:15pmSame for me today skycheat. I think this full moon actually slowed any progress I'd been making. I actually slept- dare I say it- pretty well last night with only about 45 min of sleeplessness about 2:30. Hardly any BHs today, but baby is low and still getting tons of movement. My DH thinks it's the calm before the storm. Could be, but I'm not convinced.post #129 of 7497/22/13 at 9:28pmIt is really bizarre to not be counting down and watching symptoms! I almost feel jipped out of those last few weeks! Then again, this has been a really rough 10 days, so I'm not sure which is easier - the end of pregnancy or recovering from a traumatic birth. At least a sweet little boy is snuggled up on my neck as I recover.
Anyway, weird to be disconnected from how everyone's doing! Can't wait to hear wonderful birth stories from each of you!!post #130 of 7497/22/13 at 9:35pmpost #131 of 7497/23/13 at 7:48amgood morning August due daters! did the night bring on any good contractions for anyone? I've always woken up in labor, or at least knowing labor was coming within hours, maybe someone else experiences that, too.
sheltie- I think youlook way more pregnant than 3 months. The public is full of opinions! How far behind are you measuring?
crafty, skycheat- my husband told me last night that I should enjoy the last days of pregnancy, looking back, I'll miss it. Of course my initial reaction was annoyance! But he's so right. As amazing as holding your newborn and not being pregnant will feel, these are our last moments with these children growing in our bodies, feeling their little butts and feet squirming, attracting the attention of the public. Everyone recognizes the magic, the sacredness of the pregnant woman. right now you are a goddess.
afm- midwife estimates the baby is around 7lb, I asked for an exam, and am 50% effaced and 2-3cm, midline cervix. I am not due for another 3-4 weeks, and she says she guesses more like 2-3. We'll see. I think I'll go later, all the while dilating like I did last time, resulting in an hour long birth again. For now, I will focus on my own advice, and try to embody the goddess today.
looking forward to hearing from y'all today!post #132 of 7497/23/13 at 8:45amQuote:
Red and pink. So I really don't think it was from the exam because I had red to brown from that Sat-Mon and then this came up Saturday. I will ask my OB in 4 hrs when I see him but I am guessing my cervix is continuing to dilate and efface even without a ton of painful ctx.post #133 of 7497/23/13 at 8:57amhang in there, edelweiss!
without ctx, usually even a very dilated cervix can keep the pregnancy going for another week or two, even with daily activity (walking, orgasms etc) Not the greatest news for ladies who want to have their babies like, yesterday! But for you and those boys, I'm hoping they stay put for you until 37+ Keep your feet up, lady! Thinking of you lots.post #134 of 7497/23/13 at 9:37ampost #135 of 7497/23/13 at 10:05ampost #136 of 7497/23/13 at 1:19pmpost #137 of 7497/23/13 at 2:41pmBest wishes for babies to do what there supposed to, stay in longer and cook or push through to the air when it's time! Hugs to everyone in these final and tense weeks!
I'm 36 weeks today and have been having BH regularly for weeks now. At my appt today I'm 1cm and effaced about 50-60% which actually means nothing, lol! So hubby came home n we DTD about an hour ago and have had some stronger BH. I just wanna keep making that cervix ripen so when time comes it can open wide for baby!!!post #138 of 7497/23/13 at 4:47pm
Darn full moon...it served to get my body really warmed up for labor...only to then stop. I am 38 weeks and not pushing to have baby ASAP or anything, but when it seems like its starting it is extremely frustrating when it totally stops. The BH/early contractions I was having all day/evening were intense though which also served to remind me of how sobering, all-consuming, and tiring!, real labor is. Which then also makes me less excited for Birth Day!!! What a rollercoaster of emotions.
Thank God I had a good day today to break me out of my misery, I was so bummed this morning.post #139 of 7497/23/13 at 6:56pmQuote:
Me too. I didn't cry, but I read what you wrote over and over emily11megan. You're absolutely right. In the times when I don't feel just enormously uncofmortable and lumbering, I do think: I am a badass--making LIFE! :)post #140 of 7497/24/13 at 12:24pmI had a membrane sweep this morning at 39+3 (oh dear God! I had forgotten that it was REALLY uncomfortable) and then started having some hard contractions about an hour later. I thought I was in labor, but then I laid down and took a nap. I think it was just maybe residual cramping from the sweep. I really would love for this baby to come ASAP and my doctor said he can't imagine a more favorable cervix for it (very far anterior so he could feel baby's soft spot, ~5 cm dilated, 80-90% effaced) and he was very surprised I hadn't had baby yet. BUT, if it doesn't work out, I am committed to just waiting this out. But seriously, it's go time, y'all!
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › Christian: What does a spiritual leader do in a marriage? 2 minutes ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 19 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 22 minutes ago
- › Make A Sentence, New Word Game 25 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 28 minutes ago
- › Hello Friends :) 38 minutes ago
- › One concerned parent to another 42 minutes ago
- › age appropriate expectations for 4 and 7yo to clean up after... 51 minutes ago
- › The Real Reason Kids Aren't Getting Vaccines 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness