Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 8post #142 of 7497/24/13 at 1:24pmpost #143 of 7497/24/13 at 1:26pmpost #144 of 7497/24/13 at 1:29pmpost #145 of 7497/24/13 at 1:35pmpost #146 of 7497/24/13 at 2:20pmExcellent news, Crafty!
I'm in similar (though a bit less impressive) waters at 39-5: short (1.5cm), very soft cervix at 3cm dilation. The MW student said 4cm but my MW said 3, adding that she's stingy with her cm lol. Anyways, my lovely MW said the change in last week is big and she said I won't go late - which is awesome since EDD is Friday. I have an US on Friday if I make it that far and a consult with the OB on Tuesday - again if I make it that far. MW was very happy with my cervix and didn't even book another appt - pretty convinced I'll be in labour by the weekend! Yay!!! My attitude went from grumbly annoyance to optimism. Woohoo!post #147 of 7497/24/13 at 2:38pmWow, Crafty and Skycheat, your bodies are working so amazingly well to get prepared for smooth births! I know the waiting for the final act is agonizing, but just remember that the show is already on the road and that everything your body is doing now is part of the birthing process and has to happen. So rest up, let your body do what it has to do, and be ready to do your part when it's "go time!" Sending you great birth vibes!post #148 of 7497/24/13 at 3:46pmstarting out that dilated is great for producing a fast labor, ladies! I went from 5-6 to baby in 90 min can't wait to see those cuties in photos soon.
I've had about 6 real ctx today, and am just exhausted thinking of doing this every day for 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes I rub my belly and get sad that it's going away so soon. such conflicting emotions. motherhood is always a challenge!post #149 of 7497/24/13 at 3:55pmpost #150 of 7497/24/13 at 4:00pm
Crafty, that's amazing! It sounds like you'll have a short labor since you're getting so much of the work done early!
Skycheat, sounds like you're almost there! Exciting!
I had an appointment yesterday and the MW told me I should walk up a few flights of stairs when baby is head down (she keeps flipping around) and it will sort of screw the head into place in the pelvis... I am quite intrigued and plan on giving it a try. Anyone else hear of doing that?post #151 of 7497/24/13 at 4:07pm
Crafty, Skycheat, and Carmen - hope you have great labors and awesome snuggle time with your little ones!!
I'm still pregnant so I'm happy about that. My NP said the spotting could be from dilating or effacement and offered to check me but I really didn't want her to. It wouldn't change what we're doing as far as bed rest and meds and I was so tired and hot I just wanted to get home.post #152 of 7497/24/13 at 5:13pmpost #153 of 7497/24/13 at 5:40pmpost #154 of 7497/24/13 at 7:38pm
My doctor said the same thing! He was like "I can't believe you're in my office today. That baby is READY to come out and so is your body." There is a long legacy of sloooow cookers in my family. I think my mom's shortest pregnancy of 5 was 40.5 weeks. Her longest? 43. Oh dear...
My mom told me today she thinks I might just wake up in labor tonight. Here's hoping!
The membrane sweep was pretty painful and my dr said I'd almost certainly have a little bleeding or spotting from it, but nothing... I guess my body is very rebellious.
My BP was normal today and no protein in my urine at all, which was a relief because my legs and feet are swollen a ghastly amount. They look so gross. I noticed it last night and when they hadn't gone down one little bit this morning, I thought hooray! Today is the day! But not unless I go into labor now and squeeze baby out in the next 2.5 hours. I am hopeful thanks to emily11megan's 90 minute labor, but nervous, too, because I need time for DS's caregiver to get over here!
Hope to be back posting again soon with either a baby in arms or incoherent from contractions.
And skycheat, go you! Let's do this!post #155 of 7497/24/13 at 7:50pmpost #156 of 7497/24/13 at 10:36pmpost #157 of 7497/24/13 at 11:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by mamapigeon
I had an appointment yesterday and the MW told me I should walk up a few flights of stairs when baby is head down (she keeps flipping around) and it will sort of screw the head into place in the pelvis... I am quite intrigued and plan on giving it a try. Anyone else hear of doing that?
Yes! It's in pretty much every natural labor book and online positioning resource I've read. Go for it!post #158 of 7497/25/13 at 12:33amI've been having tons of BH contractions and had one strong contraction about every hour for a good four days. I've had a day or two to rest and just got woken up with diarrhea, which is bizarre as I've been constipated the whole pregnancy. I've had a lot of discharge lately, too. My family and I have a history of early births so I'm wondering if things could be starting up soon...post #159 of 7497/25/13 at 6:03am
Mary and Skycheat , I hope it's not long for you!
ladykelacy - how far along are you? It sounds like your body is preparing. I've had a ton of discharge for about 2 mos now...
I had just a tad of spotting again last night and more CF but trying to remain optimistic and side lying of course. I'm at 35-2 so I feel like I'm in a pretty decent place although I'd love to just avoid NICU altogether and have babies born ready to nurse well. I am not too worried about their long term health at this point, though so I feel quite blessed to have gotten this far.
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 16 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 39 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 42 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Worm Moon 58 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › names, names and more names... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Hi trying to conceive 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › aliana 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › 10-15 min. cleaning session in 2014 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › aliana 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool