Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 28post #541 of 7498/22/13 at 1:55ampost #542 of 7498/22/13 at 2:04ampost #543 of 7498/22/13 at 2:49ampost #544 of 7498/22/13 at 3:17ampost #545 of 7498/22/13 at 4:07ampost #546 of 7498/22/13 at 5:20ampost #547 of 7498/22/13 at 5:47ampost #548 of 7498/22/13 at 6:34ampost #549 of 7498/22/13 at 6:37ampost #550 of 7498/22/13 at 7:23ampost #551 of 7498/22/13 at 8:01ampost #552 of 7498/22/13 at 8:28am
So far I had off and on contractions until about 6am which then slowed down enough for me to sleep a little while. Midwife came over at 7 to check on baby who is doing fine so far. Woke up at 9 to strong contractions which are now 8-10 minutes apart, hoping they stay that way! Can't talk through them so that is a good sign. Dog won't leave me alone though, he knows something is up.post #553 of 7498/22/13 at 8:31ampost #554 of 7498/22/13 at 8:38amQuote:
Well, then there's hope, eh? There's also an unexpected line of thunderstorms coming through right now, this was all supposed to be done overnight...and I lost a bunch if mucus this morning...
I know there are those more overdue than I, dealing with way more prodomal than I, but I just hit my wall this morning...
Hope all is going well, Crunchy!post #555 of 7498/22/13 at 12:08pmGo Crunchy, go!
GISDiva- hard to say. Pretty sure I had a big crying jag right before both my babies were born, but also probably every day leading up to it for weeks. I'm just pretty much a cry baby.
It does seem like breaking waters is the big GO! Sign for the babies in this DDC. It was for me and last time it happened once I was already in labor, with the gushing happening during actual delivery. Maybe we've developed a very zen oneness in this DDC over these months.post #556 of 7498/22/13 at 12:32pmpost #557 of 7498/22/13 at 1:04pmpost #558 of 7498/22/13 at 1:35pmpost #559 of 7498/22/13 at 3:57pmpost #560 of 7498/22/13 at 5:05pm
Contractions started Sunday morning. Doula came over, in-laws drove 2.5 hrs to our place, and mom flew in. Strong contractions, but alternating from 5 min apart to 4 to 3 to 5 (!) to 6 (wrong way!!) to 10 (!!!!) through Sunday night. Constant mucus present when going to the bathroom. Went to hospital; got vaginal exam: fingertip dilation. Went back home. In-laws drove back home that evening. :-/
Contractions continued constantly. Went to my weekly midwife appointment on Monday night, exhausted. Was asked if I wanted an induction, or stripped membranes. Declined induction, and wanted to check baby boy's position first before deciding on membrane sweep. He was head down, but a bit off center. I have a severe diastasis stomach muscle separation, which allowed him to switch breech at 37 weeks and flip back again 2 days later... so I declined, burst into tears, and got a pep talk from my favorite midwife in the practice. Decided to wait for the babe to turn on his GPS and figure out where he was supposed to be going. Hoped it'd happen quickly.
Went home, put my toddler to bed... then got out a bottle of chardonnay. One glass, ate a whole bunch of pineapple, and DTD with husband.
Wednesday morning. Woke with no contractions. Stood up, took a few steps, and got hit with a nice strong one. Continued having them all day, with the interval decreasing in the right direction from 8 min apart to 6. Called doula over around noon. Mom the former midwife did a vaginal exam: 3 cm. Dinner time: doula headed back home to rest, expecting me to call her back that night. Continued timing and breathing through contractions. 5 min apart. 4 min apart. Called in-laws; they started over. Texted doula -- she doesn't answer.
3 min apart. Texted doula. Called doula. No answer for either.
2 min apart. In-laws call. They are 45 min away. DH and I decide to leave for hospital. Mom will stay with toddler until dad-in-law arrives, then she and mom-in-law will come to hospital.
Get on the highway at 12:20 am. Doula texts during ride. We tell her to head to the hospital.
Get to hospital. 4 cm dilated. Turn on the Hypnobabies recording for all in room to hear. Mom and mom-in-law arrive. Doula arrives. DH helps me work through contractions. After 2 hrs, a check: 8 cm.
Midwife is called. Birthing tub is filled. I get in. About 50 mins later, just before 4 am Wednesday, Lucas Nathaniel arrives:
We were discharged today. Welcome to the world, Luke. There will be lots of Star Wars references in your future. :-)
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › Parenting resources | Lexington, KY 2 minutes ago
- › Kids Books! Tons! Dr.Suess, Curious George, I can read, BB Bears,... 2 minutes ago
- › Niceville, FL 3 minutes ago
- › organic wool clothing size 12-24 months 4 minutes ago
- › The complaint thread.... 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 4 minutes ago
- › GD diagnosis, need Ob rec in Houston! 4 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 9 minutes ago
- › Any other moms expecting #5 or more? 10 minutes ago
- › Weight gain Part II 14 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild