Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 4post #62 of 7497/18/13 at 5:01pmpost #63 of 7497/18/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
They can be, yes. But they might not just be "practice." You might be slowly, slowly dilating with each one so even though you're not in active labor with baby eminent, you're still doing some hard work.
A hard contraction will not only cause you to breathe through it, but may take your breath away. You won't be able to talk at all. I remember that though I had prodromal and occasionally powerful contractions with DS for several weeks, the final push to the end made me feel transported. I was on Planet Birth and the rest of the world was just mushed up lights and sounds. It was wild- and transformative!post #64 of 7497/18/13 at 10:25pmpost #65 of 7497/18/13 at 10:31pmWell massage oil wasn't needed - I actually enjoyed the induction attempt this time! But of course not a single contraction resulted from it this time!! I don't recall hearing that only miserable, awkward sex works to help start labour! I think my sweet little child is just a bit sadisticpost #66 of 7497/18/13 at 10:44pmpost #67 of 7497/18/13 at 10:48pmpost #68 of 7497/19/13 at 12:11amQuote:
Yes, it's the semen! And one thing I know based on my reading is that it's actually best absorbed into the system through the stomach rather than vaginally, so for those of you who, like me, find DTD uncomfortable at this stage, it's actually more effective to go the other route, so to speak.
Edited by EA77 - 7/19/13 at 2:58ampost #69 of 7497/19/13 at 2:53amOh god EA77, I wish you hadn't said that lol. I'm a desperate mama but I'm slightly nauseated and my gag reflex is worse than usual... I'd take a bath in the stuff, wear it topically, sleep with it under my pillow; ANYTHING but ingest it right now lol. Nothing's ever easy when you're a mom.. Come on baby; mama needs a new little bum to diaper!!post #70 of 7497/19/13 at 5:20ampost #71 of 7497/19/13 at 5:32amLOL Aim4balance, I've started a new routine and DH is a fast learner! He does bathtime and books, I snuggle/pretend nurse DD to sleep, and yesterday DH was waiting for me in the master BR in his boxers LOL! I was like, "yup, drop 'em and get this kid outta me!" lol Oh the boundless romance and subtle seduction!!post #72 of 7497/19/13 at 5:47amSkycheat, I'm with you on the er.... Ingestion thing. Ugh. I just couldn't imagine it. But I am convinced the other way gets the job done too. Last week when DH and I DTD, the next morning I lost a chunk of my plug! Nothing has really happened since then. I told him lets get me a couple more weeks along, then lets get this show on the road!! Good luck skycheat!post #73 of 7497/19/13 at 6:25am
I've always heard that painful contractions should be called prodromal, so that's what I call them. I have the painless BHs interspersed with the "real" contractions all the time these days. I think they do slowly dilate/efface me...
TMI, but I ALWAYS get a contraction from oral. Not always from actual DTD, but pretty much always from oral. And I almost never swallow. :ppost #74 of 7497/19/13 at 6:37amQuote:No. Just no. I can't do it!Originally Posted by EA77
Yes, it's the semen! And one thing I know based on my reading is that it's actually best absorbed into the system through the stomach rather than vaginally, so for those of you who, like me, find DTD uncomfortable at this stage, it's actually more effective to go the other route, so to speak.post #75 of 7497/19/13 at 6:54am
LOL skycheat!! I think it makes the end a little more fun anyway. Its sort of ridiculous having such a big belly during sex and we kid around that its not super sexy or anything but just laughing and relaxing (and having an "O"--don't forget that!!!!) when faced with other options like castor oil is WAY more enjoyable to bring labor on IMO. I like that it takes us back to being silly like teenagers again.
UGH oral ingestion...I would do it as a last resort but definitely not my fav thing in the world to do. Good to know it could be more effective though...!!post #76 of 7497/19/13 at 8:43ampost #77 of 7497/19/13 at 10:23amThread Starter
Well good news is I've dilated and effacement has begun, bad news is the exam had me awake all night with contractions in back and lower belly (note to self: no more internal exams for me). I also had a slight headache so yeah, this was the worst night for me. I'm still exhausted so I'll probably be sleeping my day away, if I can get comfy enough and the littles let me.post #78 of 7497/19/13 at 12:11pmCalladona, I wasn't sure if the powerful early contractions were for sure called prodromal, but that's what I call them, too.
For us, sex this time is a lot more difficult than when I was pregnant with DS. I feel like I cannot even move an inch without getting in the way of myself. It's not too enjoyable because of how awkward it is. Not to mention that I am out of breath like...instantly. Boo!post #79 of 7497/19/13 at 1:17pmpost #80 of 7497/19/13 at 2:22pm
It's not fair to make me laugh this hard ladies, there is no room for the water in my bladder as it is, now I am laughing so hard I am leaking! I love all of you and your unabashed way with words! And yes, I agree with aimforbalance and Crafty... sex is all silly and awkward and often makes me feel like a teenager again! But then on the downside I feel like an old broad on a teetertotter!
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › Would a Major Epidemic in the Vaccinated Population Change Society? 57 seconds ago
- › Worried about measles in NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 16 minutes ago
- › vaccination debate and the information age…. 25 minutes ago
- › Earthschooling? Bearth Institute 26 minutes ago
- › Help with due date!! 28 minutes ago
- › Help with gifted child who has checked out of school 33 minutes ago
- › Fistula after first baby, C-section on second? 36 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 36 minutes ago
- › Christian moms March '14 44 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea