Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 2/3/14
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 33post #642 of 7498/28/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
Yes, this! Thinking of all you awesome mamas going through one of life's most amazing moments, possibly as I type, but very soon in any case. Can't wait to read your announcements/stories. Vibing you all!
Edited by EA77 - 8/29/13 at 2:17ampost #643 of 7498/29/13 at 6:02amEmcol: that sounds ghastly!
I'm all tethered up in hospital. It took me about all of 10 min last night to say to husband "next baby is at a birth center or home birth!" I hate the IV. They've been upping my pit every 20 min, to no avail. The nurses are lovely so that is a huge blessing. there are a lot of comments about having baby today or tomorrow.post #644 of 7498/29/13 at 6:11ampost #645 of 7498/29/13 at 7:43ampost #646 of 7498/29/13 at 8:47amThinking of all of you in labor today! ELV. Cardigan-I hope things start progressing soon, so you can lose the tether.
AFM, my 40 wk appt with my midwife is in a few hrs. I think I will have her check me this time (I've declined checks thus far). Then I meet with the chiropractor for my weekly adjustment. I'm having much more aching in my lower back today.post #647 of 7498/29/13 at 10:14ampost #648 of 7498/29/13 at 10:36amEmcol- OMG!!!! I second whoever said ghastly. That doctor would not have fared very well if that had happened to us. I have never seen my DH punch anyone, but he claims it's been a very effective a-hole deterrent in his life. Ha! Here's hoping he gets some kind of professional-type facepunch for what he put you through. So sorry! My DS was born spontaneously (it didn't feel that spontaneous!) at 41+ 6. Keep the faith!
Mama505, Cardigan, and Ladykelacy- thinking of you all today, wishing you satisfying labors and births, and look forward to hearing your baby announcements! And GraysMama, hope you join them!post #649 of 7498/29/13 at 1:01pmAt 12:27AM our little boy finally made it into the world. 7lb 13oz, 20" long. Induction/delivery did not go like how my OB and I had discussed previously and his stand in at the hospital was anything but gentle when it came time to push our little man out. I was practically held down upside down to push and she made me scream, neither of my other deliveries were that painful. All said and done, my little boy is out and adorable ad healthy, if I do say so myself. My blood pressure is still high and my bp is still low but baby boy os fabulous, latching well, and has a totally reversed time clock, lol.post #650 of 7498/29/13 at 1:27pmpost #651 of 7498/29/13 at 1:55pmpost #652 of 7498/29/13 at 1:57pmpost #653 of 7498/29/13 at 2:39pmCongrats Ladykelacy!
I had 9 hrs of cervodil and 10 hrs of pitocin, and, drumroll please, I've dilated to 1cm. Dr also stripped my membranes. They stop the pit in 1.5 hrs. I get an hour of food/disconnectedness/ etc. Tonite, they try the cytotec, and more pitocin in the morning. Doula and Dr are optimistic. There is no talk of AROM or csection yet, thank goodness.post #654 of 7498/29/13 at 2:55pm
Cardigan, have you read up about Cytotec? I would not do it if it were me. Even the manufacturer recommends against using it for labor induction.post #655 of 7498/29/13 at 3:06pmpost #656 of 7498/29/13 at 3:52pmpost #657 of 7498/29/13 at 5:16pmThis is more updated fda thingy http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/ucm330991.htm
(I freaked out out a couple days ago before finding the 2012 FDA update).
Walked in circles for a good 40 min, and had delicious dinner. Will shower now before the fun begins again.
Last checked (4 hrs ago) I was not effaced, but baby had dropped to -1.post #658 of 7498/29/13 at 5:22pmLadykelacy - Congratulations! I am so happy that you're holding your little boy. I'm sorry the birth experience isn't what you'd hoped/prepared for. Hopefully you're able to process it and get to a good place (perhaps writing to the hospital about the rough treatment from the doc would help?). I wish you a smooth recovery. And Happy Birthday, little bloke!
Cardigan - I'm sorry to hear the induction isn't going as smoothly as you'd hoped. Sounds exhausting and frustrating. I hope gravity works wonders and that you're able to avoid the cytotec induction (like somegirl99, I've read about the concerns). Sending you a strong surge of labor and birth vibes!
Edited by EA77 - 8/29/13 at 6:46pmpost #659 of 7498/29/13 at 6:30pmpost #660 of 7498/30/13 at 5:43amMy cervix is cast iron! Cytotec got me 50% effaced, and weird contx rhythm but no serious gains. Pitocin back on, and its current lite dose is causing more discomfort than it was yesterday at full throttle! my mother flies in today and hopefully I'll have baby in next 12 hrs before her arrival.
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
Currently, there are 2154 Active Users (130 Members and 2024 Guests)
- › met midwife last night, had interesting info about pitocin 35 seconds ago
- › Due Date Community on Facebook? 3 minutes ago
- › The Beauty of Life! 5 minutes ago
- › POLL: when did you start wearing maternity clothes? 9 minutes ago
- › Cold (sick) in the 1st trimester. 10 minutes ago
- › Hahneman or Pennsylvania Hospital for Delivery? 12 minutes ago
- › how many of us oldies are still around? 14 minutes ago
- › Barrier female contraceptives - non-hormonal 14 minutes ago
- › Anyone else freaking re:nutrition? 15 minutes ago
- › Do you think Change is going to come to Canada? 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo