Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 33post #642 of 7498/28/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
Yes, this! Thinking of all you awesome mamas going through one of life's most amazing moments, possibly as I type, but very soon in any case. Can't wait to read your announcements/stories. Vibing you all!
Edited by EA77 - 8/29/13 at 2:17ampost #643 of 7498/29/13 at 6:02amEmcol: that sounds ghastly!
I'm all tethered up in hospital. It took me about all of 10 min last night to say to husband "next baby is at a birth center or home birth!" I hate the IV. They've been upping my pit every 20 min, to no avail. The nurses are lovely so that is a huge blessing. there are a lot of comments about having baby today or tomorrow.post #644 of 7498/29/13 at 6:11ampost #645 of 7498/29/13 at 7:43ampost #646 of 7498/29/13 at 8:47amThinking of all of you in labor today! ELV. Cardigan-I hope things start progressing soon, so you can lose the tether.
AFM, my 40 wk appt with my midwife is in a few hrs. I think I will have her check me this time (I've declined checks thus far). Then I meet with the chiropractor for my weekly adjustment. I'm having much more aching in my lower back today.post #647 of 7498/29/13 at 10:14ampost #648 of 7498/29/13 at 10:36amEmcol- OMG!!!! I second whoever said ghastly. That doctor would not have fared very well if that had happened to us. I have never seen my DH punch anyone, but he claims it's been a very effective a-hole deterrent in his life. Ha! Here's hoping he gets some kind of professional-type facepunch for what he put you through. So sorry! My DS was born spontaneously (it didn't feel that spontaneous!) at 41+ 6. Keep the faith!
Mama505, Cardigan, and Ladykelacy- thinking of you all today, wishing you satisfying labors and births, and look forward to hearing your baby announcements! And GraysMama, hope you join them!post #649 of 7498/29/13 at 1:01pmAt 12:27AM our little boy finally made it into the world. 7lb 13oz, 20" long. Induction/delivery did not go like how my OB and I had discussed previously and his stand in at the hospital was anything but gentle when it came time to push our little man out. I was practically held down upside down to push and she made me scream, neither of my other deliveries were that painful. All said and done, my little boy is out and adorable ad healthy, if I do say so myself. My blood pressure is still high and my bp is still low but baby boy os fabulous, latching well, and has a totally reversed time clock, lol.post #650 of 7498/29/13 at 1:27pmpost #651 of 7498/29/13 at 1:55pmpost #652 of 7498/29/13 at 1:57pmpost #653 of 7498/29/13 at 2:39pmCongrats Ladykelacy!
I had 9 hrs of cervodil and 10 hrs of pitocin, and, drumroll please, I've dilated to 1cm. Dr also stripped my membranes. They stop the pit in 1.5 hrs. I get an hour of food/disconnectedness/ etc. Tonite, they try the cytotec, and more pitocin in the morning. Doula and Dr are optimistic. There is no talk of AROM or csection yet, thank goodness.post #654 of 7498/29/13 at 2:55pm
Cardigan, have you read up about Cytotec? I would not do it if it were me. Even the manufacturer recommends against using it for labor induction.post #655 of 7498/29/13 at 3:06pmpost #656 of 7498/29/13 at 3:52pmpost #657 of 7498/29/13 at 5:16pmThis is more updated fda thingy http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/SafetyInformation/ucm330991.htm
(I freaked out out a couple days ago before finding the 2012 FDA update).
Walked in circles for a good 40 min, and had delicious dinner. Will shower now before the fun begins again.
Last checked (4 hrs ago) I was not effaced, but baby had dropped to -1.post #658 of 7498/29/13 at 5:22pmLadykelacy - Congratulations! I am so happy that you're holding your little boy. I'm sorry the birth experience isn't what you'd hoped/prepared for. Hopefully you're able to process it and get to a good place (perhaps writing to the hospital about the rough treatment from the doc would help?). I wish you a smooth recovery. And Happy Birthday, little bloke!
Cardigan - I'm sorry to hear the induction isn't going as smoothly as you'd hoped. Sounds exhausting and frustrating. I hope gravity works wonders and that you're able to avoid the cytotec induction (like somegirl99, I've read about the concerns). Sending you a strong surge of labor and birth vibes!
Edited by EA77 - 8/29/13 at 6:46pmpost #659 of 7498/29/13 at 6:30pmpost #660 of 7498/30/13 at 5:43amMy cervix is cast iron! Cytotec got me 50% effaced, and weird contx rhythm but no serious gains. Pitocin back on, and its current lite dose is causing more discomfort than it was yesterday at full throttle! my mother flies in today and hopefully I'll have baby in next 12 hrs before her arrival.
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
Currently, there are 1704 Active Users (103 Members and 1601 Guests)
- › Have there been huge changes, within the last few years, in the way... 5 seconds ago
- › When did morning sickness start? 4 minutes ago
- › Crafty mommas, what's your latest project? 10 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 11 minutes ago
- › abx for wisdom teeth extraction? 12 minutes ago
- › Names yet? 13 minutes ago
- › Racist Family 23 minutes ago
- › Anyone Want to Rant or Rave About the Holidays? 27 minutes ago
- › Facebook group - come join us! 27 minutes ago
- › When will you tell your little ones about the pregnancy? 28 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel