Related Forum Threads
- September Chat Thread Last post on 10/2/13 at 3:40am in December 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Saffron is here! Last post on 11/23/13 at 12:46pm in November 2013 Due Date Club
- He's Here :) Last post on 9/5/13 at 1:51pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Lillian Adora is here! Last post on 9/8/13 at 3:14pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
Last edited: 10/30/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- Riding the Roller Coaster of Pregnancy and Becoming a ParentLast edited: 3/14/13
In Labor or Warming Up for Labor - Page 5post #82 of 7497/19/13 at 5:20pmpost #83 of 7497/19/13 at 6:21pmWith all this gearing up for labor, is anyone going to be left from the August Due Date Club to have a baby in August?
You all have to promise to come back and visit those of us not due until the end of the month and keep us company in between feeding, diapers, and general newborn insanity/exhaustion.post #84 of 7497/19/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
no kidding! Although with DD my MD said to be prepared for her "any day" (not based on exam because he never gave me a cervical check) but I thought "any day now!" after 36 weeks and 5 weeks later I was still PG (41-1 she finally came).post #85 of 7497/19/13 at 8:10pmTechnically I'm double dipping in DDC's because I'm due July 26th but went late last time and suspect I will again. There's a huge list of happy mamas and lovely babies already in the July DDC so I totally feel your pain, EA77! I promise I'll be around after I pop but I suspect some legit August mamas will pop before I do. 39 weeks today, feeling like I've been pregnant for years...post #86 of 7497/20/13 at 1:40amSame here as skycheat (my EDD is 7/29 though), but I have never made an appearance in the July DDC (originally calculated my EDD from LMP as 8/2). My family and personal history is that of slow-cookers, so while I'd be *delighted* to have this baby ASAP, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a legit August mama. Optimism only gets you so far in the babymaking businesspost #87 of 7497/20/13 at 5:24am
Yoma, how are you today?? My mw said if I was being woken up at night with pain in my back from braxton hicks, baby was probably sunny side up. Do you know that about your baby?
Ea77 and Edelweiss my midwife keeps warning me she sees tons of 4th babies born to mamas later than usual (meaning, later than they usually have babies)--I've always gone what I call "on time", in the 39th week. I have 2 friends with 5 kids and not only were both their 5th babies breech for awhile at the end, but they both went almost 2 weeks past their DD. Even at 37.5 weeks now I'd be fine if baby girl wanted to wait until August, but b/c of the consistent braxton hicks contractions that are getting stronger and more like early labor I'm guessing I won't fall into the later-than-usual pattern. But who knows?!
BTW--did any of you full-term'ers notice that Monday is a full moon?!?! :)post #88 of 7497/20/13 at 7:18am
Ugh, I am spotting this morning and nothing's been near my cervix since Sunday when my OB checked it. I hope this isn't a sign labor is about to begin. It's DD's birthday today, too and I feel like punching the few people who suggested how cool it would be to have the twins arrive on her b-d (why is it cool to have babies at 34 wks???)post #89 of 7497/20/13 at 10:13amThread Starter
OMG, Edelweiss you are giving me some good laughs. I just can't imagine you punching anybody but yes I understand your frustration.
aim4balance, I don't know if baby is sunny-side or not but two of my six have been born this way.
I am beginning to dread night time, as it seems this is when contractions flare up, and things get really heavy and uncomfortable. I found out the birth ball doesn't help, the heating pack doesn't help, can't try massage as DH is usually long sleep but the only thing that brings a little relief is sitting on toilet.post #90 of 7497/20/13 at 10:22ampost #91 of 7497/20/13 at 10:34ampost #92 of 7497/20/13 at 11:53ampost #93 of 7497/20/13 at 12:18pmpost #94 of 7497/20/13 at 12:58pmpost #95 of 7497/20/13 at 1:17pmpost #96 of 7497/20/13 at 4:09pm
We don't have any wine but I understand. Maybe I"ll take a bath or something. And we just got the hospital bill from my 2 nights I stayed in June. Another reason to not go back tonight if we don't have to...
I think I just need someone to tell me to chill out and that they'll be OK even if they came tonight. I know 34-4 is early and another week would help so much but I think I'm just getting myself more worked up by worrying about each contraction and bit of bloody CM that it is making it worse. I know babies born this early or earlier who had NICU time and then did very well. Of course I'd prefer no NICU time, who wouldn't? but if they're OK, and I can't do anything more (side lying, taking my meds, drinking lots, peeing all the time, praying) then I think I just need to tell myself to relax. I have done everything I can for these babies and have eaten so much protein this PG and I just cannot control when they come beyond what I am already doing.
Edited by Edelweiss98 - 7/20/13 at 5:31pmpost #97 of 7497/20/13 at 6:13pm34.4 is a pretty late premie. The most likely problems they would have at this point are things like temperature control and feeding issues, (a lot of the other issues- glucose issues, jaundice stem from feeding problems.) Both of those can be seriously helped and mitigated by Skin to skin time-"kangaroo care."
As helpless as it feels for you now, try to remember even if they come a little early, there are things you can do for them that will help them greatly, and help them continue to grow and thrive. It will just be on the outside.post #98 of 7497/20/13 at 6:42pmpost #99 of 7497/21/13 at 4:25ampost #100 of 7497/21/13 at 6:22am
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › I can only be ME... Allow me to introduce myself.. 24 minutes ago
- › Diva cup insertion problems 42 minutes ago
- › advice please - dh strict & controlling attitude 42 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Do you Hula Hoop or Want to Learn? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › DP says no presents--just coal in stockings this year! 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Social anxiety disorder in 3 yo 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Into the 2nd Trimester! 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo