we're at nearly 7 weeks and bfing has been going pretty well with a few bumps in the road. the main thing that is hard and frustrating now is that i am still leaking copiously from the opposite breast and also have random letdowns that will soak a shirt in minutes. baby is feeding 100% at the boob and on demand. i need ideas for how to deal with the milk.
- disposable pads. have tried 3 brands and Lansinoh is the only thing that really gives me any security. however they are pricey, don't work with all shirts, and recently have been bothering my nipples a lot.
- cloth pads. got some used from someone - immediately soak through
- wool pads. either immediately soak through even when double layered OR if they are not held closely enough to my breast they divert the milk around the edge of the pad... soaked the entire BACK of my shirt once... you just have to laugh.
- boob pressure works only sometimes and only if i keep pressure on during entire feed, which is impractical or impossible and chancey.
- lilypadz work sometimes but they make my boobs sweat which releases them and a strong letdown will pop them right off. yikes.
at home i just stuff a cloth diaper (flats) in my shirt but i need something more workable for out and about. especially if this is my reality for the next 6 or 12 months...
major gratitude to anyone with new ideas!!!