List of Things I Thank My DH for:
1) Morning sickness prevention smoothies (ice, bananas, Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, almond milk, carrot/greens juice)
2) Evening walks with our son so I can get some rest/alone time
3) His worship of my pregnant super-boobs
4) Offering to take walks with me to help me get some exercise and encouraging me to take walks when I get stressed.
5) Weekend housework catch-up
6) Nicknaming our unborn baby "Nibbler" (a Futurama reference) which I didn't like at first, but now that I'm constantly hungry, I think is absolutely perfect.
7) Wanting to be the only person other than the midwife in the delivery room (even though I really want a doula)
8) Getting our basement/guest suite that is currently a messy storage space ready for my MIL. She'll be staying with us for a few weeks after the baby is born.
9) Stopping at a rest stop without argument every time I needed one on our road trip from Maryland to Western Ohio.
10) Picking up ginger ale every time he goes to the store....even though he usually drinks it up before I need it!
11) coming with me to the first prenatal appointment and getting dreamy-eyed at the sight of our Nibbler on the sonogram.
12) Letting me put my feet on his lap while we watch TV.
13) Being supportive of my decision to VBAC, even if he doesn't fully understand and feels scared about the (minimal) risks.
There. I feel much better now. I think I need to print this list off and keep it on the fridge so I can remind myself of these things when I'm feeling let down!