praying for you. Do you have a salvation army nearby? I know that in larger communities they often have food kitchens and will help with temporary assistance. Was 211 any help to you? That's the united way.
- topicFinancestagged by foxsmama, 7/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on Today at 9:46 am in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 2/21/14 at 2:21pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:03am in Frugality & Finances
- Bank Accounts / System Last post on 2/3/14 at 8:03pm in Frugality & Finances
- Striking a financial balance Last post on 2/2/14 at 10:23pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
Where do we go from here ? - Page 2
Mama, have you tried posting in the Finding Your Tribe area here on MDC? Local mamas might be able to tell you specifically where to ask for help, since they know the area. And I'm sure that I'm not the only MDC member who would show up with a couple bags of groceries if I knew you were struggling to feed your family and you lived nearby...
That's a really good idea, if you were anywhere around me I would drop off some food! I don't know what kind of area you live in but I have had some luck with free food off Freecycle. People with gardens/fruit trees often have more then they can deal with & are usually glad to share with a family in need. I'm sorry you are going through this, you are in my thoughts.
DHS told DH that we might qualify for expidited foodstamps one our application is processed, but we are still several weeks away from it being processed in their backlog. We were told we are not eligible for any emergency $ from the state because DH has a job, and if you make over $495 a month, you are not able to get cash help.
Please look into that because in my experience, DHS has 30days to accept or deny the application, less if you are in desperate need. We qualified for expedited food stamps once and they were on our card the very same day I handed in my application and met with the worker. Just call the office and speak to the receptionist and ask how long they have to process the application. If you get no definitive answer there, ask for a supervisor. Don't let them give you the run around. They will if they can.
- › What would you buy if... 6 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 17 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 18 minutes ago
- › Terrible chiro appointment! Ugh 30 minutes ago
- › Registry Reviews, please! FTMs need feedback. 31 minutes ago
- › Anyone else feeling sick? 33 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy To Do Lists! 48 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diaper Stash Critique 55 minutes ago
- › Co-sleeping w/3 yo and new baby on the way. Help! 58 minutes ago
- › Blood Glucose At-Home Testing 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea