Related Forum Threads
- What cartoons do you let your toddler watch? Last post on 3/24/14 at 10:13am in Life with a Toddler
- Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your parents but w/out you? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:01pm in Life with a Toddler
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Parenting
- When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? Last post on Yesterday at 6:23 pm in Parenting
- Special Advice For A Very Young Toddler? Last post on 2/12/14 at 1:10pm in Life with a Toddler
The "I Help" Bag: A Way to Engage Curious Toddlers
Last edited: 1/12/14
- 3 Rules for Bedtime ReadingLast edited: 12/6/13
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a MomLast edited: 9/17/13
- Can you hear me now?Last edited: 8/9/13
- Sexy Little GirlsLast edited: 7/24/13
What's your favorite word your toddler says? - Page 3post #41 of 717/19/13 at 10:55pmpost #42 of 717/20/13 at 12:20pmMy daughter has been saying a word that we couldn't figure out what it meant. We've been saying it back to her not knowing what she's saying, turns out "a-wak-a" means walk.
My brother who is 10 years younger than I used to say "addin" for yes. That was quite the source of amusement for family and friends back then.post #43 of 717/21/13 at 4:37pmpost #44 of 717/23/13 at 8:07ampost #45 of 717/23/13 at 11:17ampost #46 of 717/24/13 at 10:43pmpost #47 of 718/10/13 at 2:56pmpost #48 of 718/10/13 at 3:36pm
This thread is so cute!!
My 3-year-old calls himself a "toggler" instead of a toddler, and asks for "gummins" instead of vitamins. He asks to watch car crashing instead of the Cars movie. My 5-1/2 year old used to call music... mucus. Both kids at around the same age called pasta... see-sa. We have a hamster named Daphne. My son calls her Daphme. I weaned DS at around 25 months. When he wanted to nurse, he used to come up to me and ask for "amyoo". I have no idea how to spell what he would say. When he wants to be picked up he says, "awa". I have no idea where he got either of those from!!! I'm sure there is more and when I think of it, I'll add.
I love toddler-speak!!!post #49 of 718/10/13 at 8:05pmpost #50 of 718/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
My son says sunscream too!
He calls scooters and motorcycles "pookas"
"cam-n-zee-ah" is his made up word for cement mixer
"aminals" for animals
"bacado" for avocado
"manana" for banana
"scarabus" for asparagus
"keinapple" for pineapple
"peanut bunner and delly" for pb&jpost #51 of 718/21/13 at 11:59am
I'm seeing quite a few familiar ones here--we also have "Dramma" (now gamma), dah-ey for daddy (she just recently started pronouncing the middle consonant) and dee doo for thank you. Except now for "thank you" she says "tank you a welcome!"
I love that she's almost 2.5 and has hung on to "force" for horse--I have no idea why, as she pronounces the "h" just fine with other words.
Our latest favorite is "pocsiple" instead of "popsicle" and "tase-a-diya" for quesadilla. And "amole" for "guacamole." (and "Chipotwe" for Chipotle--you can tell we haven't had much time for home cooking lately...)post #52 of 718/21/13 at 12:01pmpost #53 of 718/23/13 at 5:32pmpost #54 of 718/23/13 at 6:03pmAww, these are so cute!
My DD1 used to have a lot of these. She said "amnids" for watermelon, and we eventually figured put that she'd gotten the names of watermelon and lemonade confused
She also said "pol-nailish" for nail polish and "eye flashes" instead of eyelashes.
DS has just a few- "chop skit" for Chapstick. "Mimi" for nursing and "mimis" for breasts.post #55 of 718/23/13 at 6:25pm
Rophie for Sophie, the next door neighbor's dog! Die for our dog Sky! Ma for mama milk. Asta for hasta la vista. Dadoo for tattoo, which may be a short cut for Dada's tattoos.
Her sign language is really cute too, she made up her own sign which is a combo of more and please, she signs more on her chest. Its a short cut!post #56 of 719/23/13 at 12:33pmpost #57 of 719/25/13 at 12:44pmpost #58 of 719/25/13 at 1:24pmpost #59 of 7110/5/13 at 1:06pm
- 3 Rules for Bedtime Reading
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Former Merck doctor - Gardasil will be the biggest scandal in... 6 minutes ago
- › Avocado Shea Butter Lotion 11 minutes ago
- › My 3 year old son will not go IN the toilet. Sigh... 17 minutes ago
- › In Philadelphia right now..... 18 minutes ago
- › Night Learning for a 5 year old 20 minutes ago
- › 48 Hour Beta results 21 minutes ago
- › 18.5 week anatomy scan of our wee owlet! 22 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 25 minutes ago
- › ...and so it shall be - we're flying this little owlet into the world! 25 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool