Related Forum Threads
- What cartoons do you let your toddler watch? Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:30am in Life with a Toddler
- Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your parents but w/out you? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:01pm in Life with a Toddler
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
- When your child is too quiet - what's the biggest mess you've found? Last post on 10/8/13 at 1:19am in Parenting
- Special Advice For A Very Young Toddler? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:28am in Life with a Toddler
3 Rules for Bedtime Reading
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a MomLast edited: 9/17/13
- Can you hear me now?Last edited: 8/9/13
- Sexy Little GirlsLast edited: 7/24/13
- How to Teach Your Toddler to ShareLast edited: 7/23/13
What's your favorite word your toddler says? - Page 3post #41 of 717/19/13 at 10:55pmpost #42 of 717/20/13 at 12:20pmMy daughter has been saying a word that we couldn't figure out what it meant. We've been saying it back to her not knowing what she's saying, turns out "a-wak-a" means walk.
My brother who is 10 years younger than I used to say "addin" for yes. That was quite the source of amusement for family and friends back then.post #43 of 717/21/13 at 4:37pmpost #44 of 717/23/13 at 8:07ampost #45 of 717/23/13 at 11:17ampost #46 of 717/24/13 at 10:43pmpost #47 of 718/10/13 at 2:56pmpost #48 of 718/10/13 at 3:36pm
This thread is so cute!!
My 3-year-old calls himself a "toggler" instead of a toddler, and asks for "gummins" instead of vitamins. He asks to watch car crashing instead of the Cars movie. My 5-1/2 year old used to call music... mucus. Both kids at around the same age called pasta... see-sa. We have a hamster named Daphne. My son calls her Daphme. I weaned DS at around 25 months. When he wanted to nurse, he used to come up to me and ask for "amyoo". I have no idea how to spell what he would say. When he wants to be picked up he says, "awa". I have no idea where he got either of those from!!! I'm sure there is more and when I think of it, I'll add.
I love toddler-speak!!!post #49 of 718/10/13 at 8:05pmpost #50 of 718/15/13 at 7:40amQuote:
My son says sunscream too!
He calls scooters and motorcycles "pookas"
"cam-n-zee-ah" is his made up word for cement mixer
"aminals" for animals
"bacado" for avocado
"manana" for banana
"scarabus" for asparagus
"keinapple" for pineapple
"peanut bunner and delly" for pb&jpost #51 of 718/21/13 at 11:59am
I'm seeing quite a few familiar ones here--we also have "Dramma" (now gamma), dah-ey for daddy (she just recently started pronouncing the middle consonant) and dee doo for thank you. Except now for "thank you" she says "tank you a welcome!"
I love that she's almost 2.5 and has hung on to "force" for horse--I have no idea why, as she pronounces the "h" just fine with other words.
Our latest favorite is "pocsiple" instead of "popsicle" and "tase-a-diya" for quesadilla. And "amole" for "guacamole." (and "Chipotwe" for Chipotle--you can tell we haven't had much time for home cooking lately...)post #52 of 718/21/13 at 12:01pmpost #53 of 718/23/13 at 5:32pmpost #54 of 718/23/13 at 6:03pmAww, these are so cute!
My DD1 used to have a lot of these. She said "amnids" for watermelon, and we eventually figured put that she'd gotten the names of watermelon and lemonade confused
She also said "pol-nailish" for nail polish and "eye flashes" instead of eyelashes.
DS has just a few- "chop skit" for Chapstick. "Mimi" for nursing and "mimis" for breasts.post #55 of 718/23/13 at 6:25pm
Rophie for Sophie, the next door neighbor's dog! Die for our dog Sky! Ma for mama milk. Asta for hasta la vista. Dadoo for tattoo, which may be a short cut for Dada's tattoos.
Her sign language is really cute too, she made up her own sign which is a combo of more and please, she signs more on her chest. Its a short cut!post #56 of 719/23/13 at 12:33pmpost #57 of 719/25/13 at 12:44pmpost #58 of 719/25/13 at 1:24pmpost #59 of 7110/5/13 at 1:06pm
- 30 Ways it's Become Painfully Obvious That You're a Mom
- › I just found out what I'm having :) 3 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 7 minutes ago
- › First movements 7 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 11 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 13 minutes ago
- › Birthday invite with “Please no plastic toys” 13 minutes ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 16 minutes ago
- › December Pagans - "Yule" love it! 16 minutes ago
- › Christmas Traditions 20 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo