So, Friday I had a doctors appointment and my cervix was thin and soft. About 50% effaced. I was told to take it easy and started steroid shots and progesterone shots. I was fine all weekend.Then last night I was up all night from 1 on, I just didn't feel right. By about 3 I was able to time contractions. I called labor and delivery and they told to me to chug water (which I had been doing already) and take a bath. I filled my jug back up and took a bath. They seemed to calm down in the tub but amped back up once I got out of the tub. So, I called them back and they told me to head in. I got there not even really sure if what I was feeling were contractions and so positive they were just going to send me home that I made dh stay home with dd. After about a half hour on the monitor they came in and said I was definitely having contractions. They were only lasting 30-40 seconds though and the baby was handling them well. They gave me a shot to try and slow them down, it kinda worked but not really. My doctor came by on his rounds and did the FFN test and checked me. My cervix was still at 50% effaced and soft but not dilated at all. So, he wanted to get an ultrasound to check out what's going on in there as far as her position, fluid, cervical length etc. He went to do a surgery while I waited for an ultrasound and a pill to try to completely stop the contractions. My mom ran to take my dd to my sister so dh could get to work and to get us some food. And, of course the ultrasound tech came in when I was all alone. Right away we could tell my fluid levels were alarmingly low. Her head is very very low and my cervix is very short. Her head and femur are measuring on track but her abdomen is about a week, week and a half behind which is concerning since I haven't really gained any weight in 3+ weeks. Then they wanted to monitor her practice breathing movements. She watched her for a half hour straight but Violet didn't do any practice breathing. So with the low fluid, no breathing practice seen, contractions, measuring small they are concerned she could be stressed. But again her heart tracing looks perfect with peaks and valleys. The doctor reviewed everything and decided I'm ok to go home but wants me back on Thursday for another NST and Friday for an ultrasound. I'm on strict bedrest and have to do vigalent kick counts. Her activity level has slowed down, she's always been such an active baby so I'm making sure to pay attention to her movements now that I'm home resting. If my fluid is low on Friday I'll most likely be seeing a perionatologist (sp?) next week. I'm obviously stressed out and scared. So, whatever you ladies believe in be it prayers, karma, good thoughts, good vibes, or what have you please send them my way. I'm about 32 1/2-33 weeks so we really would like to keep her in there at least another 3-4 weeks.