We were able to get me tennis shoes for the first time in 5 years & after getting over the horror of my now size 11's, my feet want to move! I was watching a friends children & had Leora, an 18 month old, two 3 year olds born 3 days apart, & my 5 & 7 year old. It was a bit overwhelming until I remembered those Billy Blanks Tae Bo VHS that mom had given me while still pregnant, so we tried those out for "dancing". It was hard as I'm really uncoordinated & stopped 1/2 way through the Basic tape when they all tired of dancing & just stared at me. It was fun to get my heart rate up though & break a sweat for pleasure rather than regular work. I'm holding on to 15 pounds, though I feel stronger & like the way I look...excepting squishy belly, lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
milestones 289 posts | Last post on March 5, 2014 at 5:30 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Post partum prep Last post on 9/10/13 at 6:33pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Babies and postpartum chat Last post on 10/4/13 at 4:37pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- postpartum recovery thread Last post on 8/30/13 at 9:28am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Post Partum Chat Thread Last post on 2/18/14 at 9:12pm in June 2013 Due Date Club
- Belly binding postpartum Last post on 7/5/13 at 10:41pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
Preparing for Postpartum: Gathering your Support Circle
Last edited: 1/29/14
- Preparing for Postpartum: SurprisesLast edited: 1/29/14
- Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural Addition to my Treatment...Last edited: 12/2/13
- Mothering with Mental Illness: Inside Postpartum AnxietyLast edited: 11/14/13
- Gluten Free Cherry Chocolate Chip CookiesLast edited: 9/20/13
Post Partum Weight Loss Thread, Anyone? - Page 2post #21 of 468/23/13 at 6:17pmpost #22 of 468/25/13 at 7:34amThread StarterI've hit about 150 now from 184ish, which puts me in a size 10. I think I look pretty normal now, although I still have a linea nigra. I expect to stay around this size until around 6 months pp....at least thats how things were last time. I have no idea whether or not I will get back into a size 4, but I don't think that's my goal. Really I just want to work on strength and toning, although doing a specific exercise program isn't in my immediate future...my exercise is generally playinv with DS, which is actually a pretty good work out if I handle it right.post #23 of 469/14/13 at 2:24pm
My weight has gone back down pretty fast, but my shape is totally different. A lot of my blouses won't button and some of my pants are still too tight. I'm hoping to work on doing more tummy exercises as I definitely still have a belly. For you mommies who have breastfed before, will my breasts stay this same size they are now until I quit breastfeeding? And when I quit breastfeeding will they go back to the size they were before? I bought several nice new bras before I got married a year ago and am wondering if they will ever fit again or if I should just get rid of them.post #24 of 469/14/13 at 6:27pmI was a 34A pre-pregnancy. My breasts stayed a 34C until dd was about 18mo and then went down to a 34B. They were shrinking again right before I got pregnant with this squish and Dd was a little over 2.5yrs old and still nursing. Now almost 3 mo pp with this one and I'm a 34 DD! So I'd say expect a lot of fluctuation depending on the age of your baby and how much they nurse.post #25 of 469/14/13 at 8:55pmMy boobs went back down to their regular old size between this babe and my middle, which was 6 years. So I would count on them being pretty similar but it might be a few years
Afm my weight is still pretty 'up there'. I've never been one of those who just melt off weight after my babies. Pre prego I was 142, got up to 161, and am now 153. And I still have a pretty big smooshy belly... Which doesn't really bother me (it feels kinda like 'baby pride') but I'm wondering if it will go away?? I've never had a belly last this long pp before.post #26 of 469/15/13 at 7:38pmpost #27 of 469/16/13 at 12:00pmThread StarterMy boobs sloooooowly went down to one cup size above where I started by 2 years PP the first time....but DS was still nursing all.the.time and my boobs had gone from a 34d to a 36gg. And I had lost more weight than I gained in the pregnancy, and ended up below my pre preg weight. My shape shrunk up too. I never stopped nursing.
The weight is coming off much quicker this time, probably from a combination of tandem nursing and eating better tbis time around. I am in the mid- upper 140s now, which means I've lost almost 40 pounds and have a littler more than 10 more to go to get to about pre preg weight. My hips and thighs are still wider (they took a long time to go back before too) so Im not fitting into smaller clothes yet....and a lot of my weight is still in my boobs - I'm btween an f and g at the moment. Part of fhat is because of DS keeping my supply up.
What happens when ds misses a session. My belly is just about to normal.post #28 of 469/16/13 at 12:20pmpost #29 of 469/16/13 at 2:31pmpost #30 of 469/16/13 at 4:18pm
I dropped a lot of weight very quickly and was under my pre-pregnancy weight at my 6 week followup with my MW. I'm not actively trying to lose any more weight at this time, though I'd like to down the road since I was a little over where I'd like to be when I got pregnant. I've been trying to eat more and drink lots more water since I am slowly getting back to regular exercise and I am paranoid about keeping a good supply while nursing. I'm not really sure about how much I should be consuming to find a healthy balance between intake and output. Maybe I should track my eating habits for a few days to make sure I'm eating enough of the right foods? I think that I have actually gained a few back now, but I have not been on a scale to check...I may or may not be eating a little extra ice-cream these dayspost #31 of 4610/3/13 at 7:29ampost #32 of 4610/14/13 at 6:34pmThread StarterYay Voondrop!
I came in just under 145 this morning. I'm pretty comfortable here, but I tend to have trouble keeping weight on, so I'm sure I will loose a few more pounds. I've still got ten more to go to get to pre preg weight. My hips are still spread a bunch though, although I can now fit in my really stretched out size 8s....but not the newer ones that are truer to size.post #33 of 4611/2/13 at 10:06amThread Starterpost #34 of 4611/2/13 at 12:44pmWow, 50 lbs?! You dropped that quick! Good job!
I'm losing very slowly, but steadily. Or, at least I was until my birthday and halloween came along. I've plateaued this past couple of weeks and I've really gotta make some adjustments so I dont start gaining. I'm right around 125 and pre-preggo was a very fit/toned 115-117. It will probably take quite a while before I get back to that!
I'm also feeling quite a bit softer and more jiggly than I'd like, and much much slower when I run. I recently completed my first post-partum 5k (it was a race, but also the first time since 32 weeks preggo that I completed that distance.) And I wasn't terribly pleased with my time. It was a really hilly course, I finished in 32:45. It was on my 32nd birthday! And it was close to Halloween, so lots of people ran it in costume. I went as strawberry shortcake, lol.post #35 of 4611/2/13 at 3:16pmLove the outfit!!! And wow, good for you on the race!! I was doing several miles, maybe 20 a week, in brisk walking but after a stomach virus in the house I slacked off. I feel so freaking tired nowadays that I don't dare attempt
So finally below the 140 mark, I'm at 139. I started at 135 BUT that's was after we were having a drink pretty much daily. Not drinking a lot but having one every day, so I gained about 5 pounds just before I found out I was pregnant my real issue is I still can't fit in my damn pants. WHY??? My belly is so puffy and I can barely fit in an 8 but more comfortable in a 10 so very frustrating !!post #36 of 4611/2/13 at 3:41pmUgh. I am no where near where I would like to be, I am gaining because I still can't do much of excercise due to my prolapse that is taking forever to heal. I am a very 'no pain no gain' type of person so I I know there are types of excercise I could be doing but they all feel so mild (yoga, swimming, ) I would rather be weight lifting or running! So I know it's partly my fault.
Good for you Kitteh! Your costume looks great!post #37 of 4611/2/13 at 7:27pmHey so with the prolapse, does it hurt to have sex?? I have almost zero desire for DTD I love my DH with my whole heart and feel bad because I never want to do it so at times I just say let's go and I just want him to get it over with. But if he goes fast or if it's more than a few minutes it starts to hurt inside and after I feel like there are little tears or cuts from bring so dry it totally sucks!!! Someone tell me I'm not alone here?!?! I don't recall this from previous babies either 😫post #38 of 4611/4/13 at 8:12amTenk that sounds awful, and from my experience dtd doesn't hurt with prolapse. Maybe your body just isn't ready for it yet? I read somewhere that in the first several months after having a baby all a mothers intimacy needs are met by her LO so she's less likely to want to be intimate with her partner.
Do you have any kinda ppd?post #39 of 4611/5/13 at 11:51am
Hi, I thought I'd check in. I have done 3 post-partum runs. I am super slow, but I can still run 2+ miles w/o stopping. I am impressed w/ myself!
I am up just 4 lbs over my pre-preg weight. I was shocked when I stepped on the scale the other day and saw 126. I was more expecting 136! I think the move to OH this past month has really put a damper on eating enough calories in a given day - I find I am too busy to eat! Even though I am only up 4 lbs, none of my clothes fit correctly. My shape is all different and much gushier. I know running will tone me again and I am happy to be back in the saddle. I expect I may gain a few pounds of muscle before I see the scale tip back toward my pre-preg number.post #40 of 4611/5/13 at 7:04pm
- Preparing for Postpartum: Surprises
- › The 1 Year PHOTO thread 3 minutes ago
- › ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less... 6 minutes ago
- › How do I handle this situation... 7 minutes ago
- › Setting nursing boundaries with 3 year old - need... 12 minutes ago
- › Non-vaxxing waiver in WV 14 minutes ago
- › Parents of kids with Aspergers, need advice please 14 minutes ago
- › Choosing math 14 minutes ago
- › Cross post: we have chicken pox in NoVa 15 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 15 minutes ago
- › Family bed to toddler bed to own bed...how do you make the change... 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark