Mistakenly given 15ml of tylenol instead of 5ml to my 2.5 yrs old daughter. Given 1 dose on 2:30AM and one more dose on 11 AM .. after that only i realised i made a big mistake. Called poison control and they said dont give any dose for 24 hrs. But still my daughter is having fever 102.3 ..What can i do now... I am really very scared and i know this is my fault... i dont know what to do now... pls help.
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by deeparajesh, 7/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? Last post on Today at 12:50 am in Women's Health
- hope this helps Last post on 3/13/14 at 12:43pm in Women's Health
- Gallstones and pregnancy Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:16am in Women's Health
- Would this pic concern you or is this a lighting/angle issue Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:37pm in Women's Health
- Need Answers. Last post on 3/10/14 at 4:39pm in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
URGENT !! tylenol overdose ..pls help.post #2 of 57/27/13 at 4:10pmpost #3 of 57/27/13 at 4:52pmpost #4 of 57/27/13 at 4:54pmpost #5 of 57/27/13 at 6:16pm
There are 2 issues here.
One is the accident overdose of tylenol and the other is fever.
If you are not satisifed with the response from poison control, you could try getting a second opinion: Call them back or you could call telehealth.
That degree of fever alone does not scare me in a 2.5 year old. Is she lethargic? Glassy eyes? Unable to drink and keep it down? If you answered yes to any of these, I would bring her in. If you sense something is off, bring her in.
I do think sponging her down, even just her face and arms, with cool water can help to gently lower her fever.
Keep us updated. Healthy vibes
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? 25 minutes ago
- › Coping with husband not wanting more children 46 minutes ago
- › Devastated over husband not wanting more children. 54 minutes ago
- › DH makes weird statements about food when I try to discuss our food... 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Midwives in CT (again...) 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › I want to rebuild my cloth diaper stash from the ground up with... 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild