Mistakenly given 15ml of tylenol instead of 5ml to my 2.5 yrs old daughter. Given 1 dose on 2:30AM and one more dose on 11 AM .. after that only i realised i made a big mistake. Called poison control and they said dont give any dose for 24 hrs. But still my daughter is having fever 102.3 ..What can i do now... I am really very scared and i know this is my fault... i dont know what to do now... pls help.
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by deeparajesh, 7/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Leg cramps during period? Last post on 12/8/13 at 1:23pm in Women's Health
- Chronic Illness Support Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:45 pm in Women's Health
- Junk Food Cravings - Grrrrr Last post on 12/5/13 at 2:56pm in Women's Health
- Hypothyroid treatment and hair issues Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:33pm in Women's Health
- WARNING: Morning after pill loses effectiveness if ur more than 165lbs Last post on 11/26/13 at 5:52am in Women's Health
Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
URGENT !! tylenol overdose ..pls help.post #2 of 57/27/13 at 4:10pmpost #3 of 57/27/13 at 4:52pmpost #4 of 57/27/13 at 4:54pmpost #5 of 57/27/13 at 6:16pm
There are 2 issues here.
One is the accident overdose of tylenol and the other is fever.
If you are not satisifed with the response from poison control, you could try getting a second opinion: Call them back or you could call telehealth.
That degree of fever alone does not scare me in a 2.5 year old. Is she lethargic? Glassy eyes? Unable to drink and keep it down? If you answered yes to any of these, I would bring her in. If you sense something is off, bring her in.
I do think sponging her down, even just her face and arms, with cool water can help to gently lower her fever.
Keep us updated. Healthy vibes
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your Pediatrician
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 16 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 28 minutes ago
- › Coping for the Highly Sensitive Parent 1 hour ago
- › Quail 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › how many of us oldies are still around? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Wanna talk about weight gain? 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › I just found out what I'm having :) 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › First movements 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Baby names? 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo