Hi this is my first post, I am not sure which forum I should ask this in, there are a lot to choose from! My husband and I are going to start trying next month. I am starting to interview midwives, I have my first appointment tomorrow. I found a list of questions to ask on another site but it seems really really long. I want to know a lot, but I feel silly grilling the midwives (especially when I am not pregnant yet). What do you think are the most important questions to ask at an initial consultation and what can wait until I am lucky enough to get pregnant, or at least have picked which midwife I want? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Dealing with the Negativity Last post on Yesterday at 2:32 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Salutations! TTC for the 1st Time. Get to know you thread. Last post on Yesterday at 9:16 am in Trying To Conceive
- Wondering if I'm pregnant or not Last post on 12/19/13 at 4:08pm in Trying To Conceive
- The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon Last post on Yesterday at 9:58 pm in Trying To Conceive
- 3 day med bleed 2 days before AF is due .. Implantation ??! Last post on 12/17/13 at 1:29pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Interviewing midwivespost #2 of 27/31/13 at 2:12pm
I am new to all this too. I have been lingering around waiting til we were ready to start TTC and I got the green light from the doctor for this cycle! I am looking into birth centers run by midwives and I already have a list of questions started! I called the closest birth centers to us and liked both of them over the phone and by websites. One is closer by 45 minutes, so unless there is something I don't like when we take a tour, that's probably where we'll end up. Some of my questions are:
At what point do you transfer mom and/or baby to a hospital?
What are some examples of reasons you've had to in the past?
What is your maternal and infant death rates?
We aren't really religious, will that be supported?
Can we have candles lit?
Do you promote delayed cord clamping?
Do you have doulas in house or do we provide our own?
What pain relief techniques do you find most effective?
At what stage of labor do you recommend we come in, keeping in mind it's a 45 minute drive?
Will it be the same midwife through my pregnancy who is there for delivery?
I'm sure there are more but those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head. I hope you find someone you love!
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Long post - anxieties as the parent of a too smart kid 2 minutes ago
- › Bed times 21 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 25 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 27 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 29 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 30 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 56 minutes ago
- › How to overcome my social anxiety so DD can meet other kiddos? 59 minutes ago
- › Hair today... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Is it wrong to get a tattoo while on welfare? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh