Hi this is my first post, I am not sure which forum I should ask this in, there are a lot to choose from! My husband and I are going to start trying next month. I am starting to interview midwives, I have my first appointment tomorrow. I found a list of questions to ask on another site but it seems really really long. I want to know a lot, but I feel silly grilling the midwives (especially when I am not pregnant yet). What do you think are the most important questions to ask at an initial consultation and what can wait until I am lucky enough to get pregnant, or at least have picked which midwife I want? Thanks!
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- DHEA? Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 am in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on Yesterday at 5:49 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Possibly pregnant thoughts? Last post on Yesterday at 8:06 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Sex two days prior ovulation. Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:23am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Interviewing midwivespost #2 of 27/31/13 at 2:12pm
I am new to all this too. I have been lingering around waiting til we were ready to start TTC and I got the green light from the doctor for this cycle! I am looking into birth centers run by midwives and I already have a list of questions started! I called the closest birth centers to us and liked both of them over the phone and by websites. One is closer by 45 minutes, so unless there is something I don't like when we take a tour, that's probably where we'll end up. Some of my questions are:
At what point do you transfer mom and/or baby to a hospital?
What are some examples of reasons you've had to in the past?
What is your maternal and infant death rates?
We aren't really religious, will that be supported?
Can we have candles lit?
Do you promote delayed cord clamping?
Do you have doulas in house or do we provide our own?
What pain relief techniques do you find most effective?
At what stage of labor do you recommend we come in, keeping in mind it's a 45 minute drive?
Will it be the same midwife through my pregnancy who is there for delivery?
I'm sure there are more but those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head. I hope you find someone you love!
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › FDA Position Vacant - Informatics Fellowship, Center for Biologics... 10 minutes ago
- › Being judged due to money 19 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 19 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 24 minutes ago
- › Breastpad DIY 32 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 35 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 46 minutes ago
- › Birth Story Sharing 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Anger and losing temper 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea